First of all, we LOVED how you wrote this post. I think she would be quite proud of you Denise, you have definitely followed in her footsteps in a culinary sense! And that condensed milk must have made this so decadent! The rice pudding sounds very delicious! The photo of you and your grandma is lovely. https://www.old-fashion-recipe.com/baked-rice-pudding-recipe.html It sounds so yummy! A super creamy rice pudding made with sweetened condensed milk and spices. love rice pudding but never thought of trying it with condensed milk , Thanks, Kiran! Thanks, Shashi! xoxo. The photo with your grandma is so sweet and Mirella especially touched:) Cheap grains are harder. Thanks, Maureen! Then pour in some water until the rice is fully covered. I always intended to post a recipe for rice pudding here, but it has only been after much hesitation…, I knew that I would have to alter my Grandma’s recipe! That old picture of your granny and you is so beautiful. The use of condensed milk has no influence on secondary ingredients and flavorings in rice pudding. Making rice pudding with condensed milk is much simpler than it sounds, apart from being different and delicious. Ingredients Serves 4. Love that you used coconut milk in the pudding. … they are starchier than medium-grain rice, making a sticky pudding, as well as maintaining too firm a bite for a smooth, tender result. Check the Rice Pudding at this stage for tenderness and sweetness, and add sugar to taste or Condensed Milk which adds flavour and sweetness. Coconut milk is an ingredient present in many savory and sweet dishes from my Northeastern region of Brazil, while condensed milk is a staple in Brazilian desserts, serving both as a sweetener and creamer. Thanks! Thanks, Nami! She served it often for dinner — a true treat for a child! I don’t know how sweet is the Filipino version, but this one of mine is quite sweet because it is a dessert. Rice pudding condensed milk recipe. arborio rice (this is measured in your rice cooker measures...if using a reg measure cup use 1 1/2 cups uncooked s) or 2 cups short-grain rice (this is measured in your rice cooke Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Add raisins. Please check our, Temperature Conversion (Chart & Calculator), US Cups to Ounces to Grams for Common Ingredients (Charts), Volume Conversions (Table for Dry & Liquid Ingredients), Baking Substitutions (with Charts & Tables), Super Creamy Spiced Rice Pudding with Condensed Milk (Arroz Doce). She learned by practicing and using what her Portuguese ancestors passed on to her. Bring to the boil and simmer, uncovered for 25 minutes, stirring occasionally. I think the yolks made the difference in the consistency and the condensed milk made it tastier. We are making a dessert! For example, if you prefer raisins in rice pudding, add them as usual (3/4 cup of raisins for every 1 cup of uncooked rice used in the recipe). Preheat oven 180ºC. In a large, heavy saucepan, stir in rice, whole milk, coconut milk, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg. 4. A lovely post and delicious looking pudding! The raisins and rice add great texture for a yummy treat. Thanks, Nazneen! Baked Blackberry Rice Pudding . Required fields are marked *, Recipes | Brazilian Recipes | Contact | Privacy Policy. Combine cinnamon and nutmeg; sift over top of pudding. Keep reading this OneHowto article and discover how to make rice pudding with condensed milk. The condensed milk is new for me and have to admit that made the dessert creamier. Thanks dear for sharing your sweet grandma’s recipe with a modern twist :). Step 2 of 3 Stir in the condensed milk, If you want to read similar articles to How to Make Rice Pudding with Condensed Milk - Easy Recipe, we recommend you visit our Food & drink category. Absolutely. Previous Next. About The Author Andrew Secord. Have a wonderful day! I made rice pudding from time to time, but never like this – love the condensed milk! this rice pudding was perfect, creamy and so delicious. Butter a 850ml baking dish, then tip … Simmer uncovered, stirring frequently, about 20 to 25 minutes or until rice is tender. Thank you so much Denise! Sprinkle with cinnamon. The edges are slightly golden and it is the perfect balance of sweet. Your grandma seems like an amazing person – what a lovely picture of her! Next Article . I thank her for her unconditional love, generosity, and all the priceless memories that she created…. Thanks a lot for stopping by and also for your sweet words, Rosa! I hope you enjoy this dessert recipe. Pour the mixture into a shallow baking dish. https://www.foodfromportugal.com/recipes/rice-pudding-condensed-milk Once again thank you! https://www.yummly.com/.../old-fashioned-rice-pudding-with-evaporated-milk The rice pudding sounds amazing! In a bowl, stir together all the ingredients plus 1¾ cups (430ml) water. I hope you make this and enjoy. This is what I always tell my children… My Grandma, my Mom, and I all share the same philosophy. It was creamy and delicious. Rice pudding is simply sweet rice dessert. I have never been a fan of rice pudding recipe because the consistency is odd to me. Your email address will not be published. I would love to hear about it in the comments. Now take another pot or saucepan and add in the condensed milk and whole milk, and put it on to boil. Crecipe.com deliver fine selection of quality Rice pudding condensed milk recipes equipped with ratings, reviews and mixing tips. Cook until the rice and condensed milk have acquired a creamy texture. Bring it to a gentle boil, then cover the pot, reduce it to low, and simmer for 20 to 25 minutes, stirring twice during this stage. Crecipe.com deliver fine selection of quality Rice pudding sweet condensed milk recipes equipped with ratings, reviews and mixing tips. Mix it altogether and reduce the heat. https://recipe-garden.com/instant-pot-rice-pudding-recipe-with-condensed-milk Heck yes! I am so keeping this recipe! But my feelings said that fiddling with her family recipe would break my heart into a zillion pieces. Easy Slow Cooker Rice Pudding (Brazilian-Style), Nutella Swirl Sweetened Condensed Milk Popsicles, How To Make Sweetened Condensed Milk Frosting with One Ingredient (Leite Condensado de Colher). You are always so sweet! Slow Cooker Rice Pudding is the easy, hassle-free version of a Brazilian classic, making the…, These Nutella Swirl Sweetened Condensed Milk Popsicles are super creamy and delish... and quickly made…, Learn how to make sweetened condensed milk frosting and pie/tart filling with one ingredient in…, Filed Under: American Recipes, Brazilian Recipes, Desserts, Easy And Delish, Gluten-Free, Kid-Friendly, Puddings & Trifles, Quick & Easy Tagged With: Rice pudding, Spices, sweetened condensed milk, Please read our privacy policies before subscribing. Don’t you just love all these connections??? time. The other, old fashioned type of rice pudding is a baked, custard-style rice pudding. I made this rice pudding for my daughter. But this was not just any recipe, it was the recipe of my favorite Grandma, Vovó Socorro! Which is sweetened, Carnation Milk. Wash the rice thoroughly, drain and place in a large saucepan with the water. I think your grandmas way of making this is very similar to the way I remember it being made. NOTE: If you would like your rice pudding to be white, reduce the … One version of rice pudding is made in a saucepan and the end result is similar in taste to store-bought rice pudding or “arroz con leche”. 3. Ours is whiter and we always use short grain, besides- as usual- served with nuts and raisins on top. Now I am hungry! Although she is no longer physically among us, because of what she gave me, she has never really gone. Even though you tweaked your grandma’s recipe, the memories of her making this for you still live in your heart . Learn how to cook great Rice pudding condensed milk . Stir together milk, beaten egg yolks, sugar, vanilla extract and salt in a large bowl. Do you have a favorite recipe of yours? Have a wonderful weekend! How to Make Rice Pudding with Condensed Milk - Easy Recipe, How to Know if Brussels Sprouts Have Gone bad, What Is the Difference Between Plain and All Purpose Flour, How to Tell if Mushrooms are Still Good to Eat, How To Stop Mince Pies Sticking To The Tin, 2 Easy Ways to Fry an Egg Without Oil or Butter. Missed the rice pudding my grandmother used to make in my childhood. If making yours with medium-grain rice, either soak the rice or partially cook before making this recipe. Wash and drain the rice. I would be very grateful if i could get your grandams recipe so I can try it at home. Hi, Sue!!!! Oh, that picture is lovely…!!! When my grandma died in 1982 so did the recipe as she cooked from memory and didn’t write any or her recipes down. Have an awesome weekend… xx. Going out today and getting all I need. I’ve never tried it with condensed milk, but I think I need to give it a go. Small bunch of mint leaves. Beautiful my dear. You had some great role models in your life! Step 3 In a large bowl, combine beaten eggs, milk, sugar, vanilla extract, and salt. That pudding looks brilliant and I LOVED this post! Cook for approximately 15 minutes over a medium heat. This is new to me … Loved it! Whole milk, plus coconut milk and condensed milk. Heavy cream should be avoided for this recipe because it reduces and thickens before the rice cooks through. It is rich and custardy! 250 ml condensed milk. You sure have done your grandmother proud! It is important that the lemon peel does not contain the white … I hope she would really be proud of me. Egg yolks (although not essential, they enrich the color while adding both custardy flavor and texture to the rice pudding), As you can see, I switched the type of rice, added new flavors, salt, and more sugar, as well as altered the cooking process of my Grandma’s rice pudding (ours does not precook the rice)…. The most important is you got to know her and enjoy her company. Wonderful memories! Welcome to FBTY…I hope you try to make rice pudding with condensed milk. Lemon, spices…I have to make this one too. Baked Rice Pudding Recipe With Condensed Milk; Share. It was mildly sweet and a bit creamy. 1/2 cup cooked white rice; 400g can condensed milk; 3 eggs lightly beaten; 1/4 cup sultanas; Instructions. The custard in this version is baked to perfection. Altering an heirloom recipe doesn’t have to be so heartbreaking! Bake for 1 1/2 hours, or until lightly browned and set. Good job – your grandmother would be proud. Denise, My grandma used to make a creamy style rice as a meal. It is lucky you ate her food and remember it, I know my grandma was a good cook but I never really had the opportunity to watch her cook and eat her food specifically. I am always curious about the twists that every people gives to a common dish. I am glad to know that it made you hungry…. In this case, you might consider letting the rice soaked with the whole milk at room temperature for about 1 hour before starting the cooking process. In a medium bowl, whisk the egg yolks, sugar, and vanilla extract together. 300 g blackberries. Definitely making this again soon. Memories! xx, I’m so excited to try this! Denise, beautifully written. Just gorgeous. We LOVED it, all of it. If it is like my grandma’s recipe my whole family will be getting a “throwback’ supper that will take them back to the old farmhouse that grandma lived at. ½ tsp ground cinnamon. The problem with long-grain rice is that the rice is less starchy, resulting in a pudding that is less creamy. Baked Rice Pudding. Wishing you a wonderful weekend! Hi, Jay! We would put our own cinnamon sugar on it to sweeten it. True to heart. . Bring to a boil over high heat, stirring constantly. I have been craving this for so long. Deb: Although you spent a little time with only one of them, you are still blessed… Grandparents make our life richer and happier, don’t you think? Heat the oven to 150C/130C fan/gas 2. It makes a difference!!! See more. Rice pudding… Priceless memories of a childhood long gone! As you have seen, this recipe is very simple and has a spectacular results. In a large, heavy saucepan, stir in rice, whole milk, coconut milk, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg. But for a SUPER CREAMY spiced rice pudding with condensed milk, we would need to make the changes below. So versatile that everyone loves it. After this time, remove from the heat, drain and keep it for later. Your grandmama and you look adorable, just made me smile. Take your taste buds on a trip to the good old days with a bite of rice pudding. First of all, get the ingredients ready. PLEASE SEE MY _FULL DISCLOSURE POLICY_ FOR DETAILS. This thing is addictive. When it starts to boil, add the rice and sugar. 2. It made sense for it to be only mildly sweet (almost bland) since it was served for dinner, rather than as a dessert like mine. STIR in sweetened condensed milk, evaporated milk and milk. I love family recipes and stories of loved ones. Thanks a lot for stopping by, Raymund!!!!! Knowing her, I am sure that she would not hesitate for a moment to sit down at the table with me and devour this Super Creamy Spiced Rice Pudding with condensed milk. So creamy and delicious! To make rice pudding with condensed milk, get a pot or saucepan and add the rice in with the lemon peel and 1 or 2 cinnamon sticks. My pleasure, Alex! Although my Grandma used to make her rice pudding with long-grain rice, I made mine with medium-grain which is harder and take more time to cook completely. The matter of sweetness is personal taste, I find the 200 grams of sugar and a can of condensed milk makes this recipe just about right for my crews. I can imagine how conflicting it can be changing a precious recipe from grandma (I usually have the same hesitations), but she would have been proud with this, it looks and sounds gorgeous! Growing up, I spent very little time with only one of my grandmothers and wish I could have gotten to know them both! In a large bowl, stir together rice, milk, eggs, sugar, raisins, vanilla extract and salt. Sweetened condensed. Spoon into prepared baking dish. 2 tbsp unsalted butter, chopped into small chunks. https://www.carnationmilk.ca/En/Recipes/Creamy-Rice-Pudding-Nw I used to eat whatever she cooks … and whatever she cooks was super easy and super delicious .. your grandma’s picture reminded me of mine … R.I.P for all of our grandmas who left this world. This harry potter love potion punch this harry potter love … Amortentia Recipe Buzzfeed. 120 g short-grain pudding rice. Tweet. Learn how to cook great Rice pudding sweet condensed milk . Rice pudding looks wonderful, creamy, spicy and sweet. Have a wonderful weekend. Looks so creamy and delicious… Indian cuisine also has rice pudding called Payasam or Kheer but it does not use eggs. And you have a great picture with her! 1 tsp vanilla bean paste. <3. 200 ml water. xx. Rice pudding sweet condensed milk recipe. Although only whole milk is necessary, I do prefer mine with both coconut and condensed milks, which enrich the rice pudding with subtle notes that contrast with those of the spices. Well, as I grew up and pursued a culinary education, my Grandma’s rice pudding was one of the first recipes that I had to modify… reluctantly. We have a dish nearly similar to this called Champorado but with added cocoa, looks like I will use this recipe and add cocoa to give it a different twist. Related Articles. Learn how to make a delicious creamy rice with sweetened condensed milk, delicately scented with lemon rind and cinnamon. Gintare: It’s good to know that I am not the only one to hesitate changing a precious recipe. The dilemma was over. The custard pudding made with sweetened condensed milk, coated with caramel, sugary syrup. Email. Slowly add this mixture to the cooked rice, Receive EASY & DELISH recipes for free every week! And thank you to your reader, Alexandra, for sharing this on Facebook! And the rice pudding looks amazing. Denise that is one luscious rice pudding! In a medium saucepan or pot, combine the rice, water, milk, cream, butter, and salt. Your grandmother would be very proud of you and your accomplishments! Add cooked rice and raisins and stir to mix well. Then remove from the heat and leave to cool. Bring to a boil over high heat. Thank you for this beautiful post. I think you do too, Denise! So I kept putting it off– all the way up until last week, when a regular reader asked me for a rice pudding recipe. Everything with condensed milk is much creamier and delish!!! But I am loving the ingredients you have used. Recipe for a super creamy, scrumptious, and custardy rice pudding made with sweetened condensed milk and spices! I’d love to see the Arabian version of rice pudding on your blog. I am so lucky I came across this recipe. This recipe also takes spices, lemon, condensed and coconut milks and is made with medium-grain rice. . This version gets my vote every. I’d be happy to find out more about your Greek rice pudding. I enjoy all the twists that the same dish/treat can get around the world and learn from it. Such heartwarming post, Denise. I hope you enjoy this recipe. She had a cook and she instructed him. Short-grain rices (e.g. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). You will notice that the dessert has turned thicker and creamier than traditional rice pudding as well as being much sweeter. Although I know that she would not mind that I’d modify for better her recipe, for me it is still hard because it is like to take away a piece of her whom a loved so much. Leave a Reply Cancel reply. If you read this blog often, you know that I don’t hesitate for one second to modify others’ recipes. Ingredients. Oh my – Denise, I think this is the creamiest rice pudding I’ve seen! I. Why is it your favorite? Arborio and Asian) also present a problem…. I had some extra egg yolks after making macaron. . It’s a comfort dessert. simplicity itself, place the rice and sugar in the ovenproof dish, pour in the milk and the evaporated milk and give it all a good stir Thanks a lot, Consuelo! Extra flavor to the already delicious one with condensed milk. Many Indian desserts are fried foods made with sugar, milk or condensed milk.Ingredients and preferred types of dessert vary by region. If you want, you can make your own condensed milk by following the simple steps in this link. This classic caramel flan dessert has been around for a long time with various names and variations from around the world. Flavorings (spices such as cinnamon and nutmeg, plus vanilla and lemon zest for zing, and to balance sweetness), 5. Thanks so much, my dear Sonali! Cool slightly and cut into squares to serve. We published our own version of rizogalo (Greek rice pudding) a while ago, and we totally get how you feel with this. This easy Baked Rice Pudding recipe is the perfect creamy, comforting dessert on a cool night and it takes literally minutes to prepare. I would love to try the Filipino version. Shema: Thanks so much…The egg yolks add a custardy taste and texture to the pudding like no other! This was one of the two hardest posts that I have written so far…Wishing you a very happy V-day! Thanks so much for stopping by. It’s amazing to see how rice pudding is associated with so many of us who come from the different parts of the world. aaaaaah the sweet memories of grandmas, this brings tears to my eyes. I love that picture of your grandmother, so….. sweet! If you are a lover of the traditional version of this dessert made with whole milk, why not try out this new recipe and give it a twist?