A very sad day! If you don’t have an immersion blender, slowly add the soup to a blender in segments and blend until smooth. I roasted as much cauliflower as I could add to the cookie sheet with the fennel and puréed it… might roast it all next time, but it turned out delicious. Add the cauliflower, stock and season liberally with salt. It was amazing! Add the onion and sauté until golden, about 5 mins. Roast for 25 mins, then tip into an ovenproof dish. Thinly slice the fennel and toss with olive oil and lay in an even layer on the sheet tray. Discard the thyme. Add the garlic and saute for an additional 2-3 mins. In the mornings it was cool, low 70’s, with a breeze. Thanks for sharing! Cauliflower fennel soup – loaded with crispy basil, feta cheese, toasted walnuts and spiced with paprika butter sauce – it’s delicious, healthy, and perfect for a cold day. She doubled the recipe and every drop was devoured. I’m so glad you found me and enjoyed the soup! How nice to pair them together in this lovely fall soup and add BACON!!! Should I chose something sweet…chocolate or ice cream? Cauliflower and fennel are two of my favorite veggies!! You HAVE to try it in soup, so stinking good! I love that you roasted the cauliflower too, I’m sure the nuttiness of the roasted veg made it perfect for a crisp fall day. Simmer – simmer soup for about 15 – 18 minutes, or until cauliflower is soft. Jan 21, 2017 - Roasted cauliflower and fennel create a fresh, spring soup, garnished with roasted pistachios and fennel fronds. I can start to see little glimpses of fall coming to Texas! Make sure to give it a rating below! I could indeed live on soup for the rest of my days. But if I had to choose just one soup, one flavor, and in one form, it might very well be this roasted fennel and cauliflower soup. (still crying about it)  So I definitely need to go out and get another one because I make A LOT of soups this time of year. Place in oven and roast for 15-20 minutes, until vegetables are tender. It was a huge hit! Add the fennel and the remaining cauliflower and simmer until … Add cauliflower and fennel to baking sheet, season with olive oil and 1/2 teaspoon of salt. I rely on my background as a trained chef/mom to create family-friendly recipes that will inspire you to cook, not complicate your life. Roasted fennel and cauliflower soup is a silky, simple soup that packs an unexpected flavor punch thanks to golden roasted fennel. However you serve it, you need to prioritize this soup recipe as one of your front runners this fall! They turn into tender sweet deliciousness! I mean, you can’t go wrong with pizza right? (A real stickler for the rules, this kid.) we ate it as a main dish and served a salad along side it! Sounds delicious! A healthy, easy and deliciously complex vegan cauliflower soup made lusciously creamy with celery root and bright with fennel and ginger. Preheat oven to 450º. Yes! Add 2 cups of diced celery root and 2 cups of diced fennel, and continue to cook and stir the mixture for another five minutes. Served with low carb garlic “crostini”. Crock Pot Southwestern Corn & Potato Chowder, FACEBOOK | TWITTER | PINTEREST | GOOGLE+ | BLOGLOVIN. The fennel flavor is mellow and subtle after roasting it to golden goodness and the soup is pureed until it is impossibly smooth and silky. It’s one of my favorites too! Roasted cauliflower, fennel and ginger soup Ingredients: 1 red onion quartered 4 garlic cloves ½ head large cauliflower (cut into florets) 2 fennel bulbs chopped and cored 500 gms stock of choice 3 tbs hummus (optional, I had this This soup is comforting, creamy, healthy, spicy, and all around delicious! (happy dance). Woot Woot! Pre heat the oven to 180 degrees C Remove the outer leaves and stalk of the cauliflower. Yum! Creamed Fennel and Cauliflower Soup (Paleo & Vegan) September 10, 2014 / Caitlin Sherwood View fullsize Last week I went to my dads house carrying a basket full of apples, and some how left his house with a lot more. I LOVE SEEING WHAT YOU MAKE! Heat a dutch oven or large saucepan to medium high heat. Wanna know what we make for Christmas at my ho, I woke up to 40°F weather in Texas y'all. Ingredients: 1 very large cauliflower (cut into large florets) (or 2 small ones would work too!) . Preheat oven to 425 degrees and line a sheet tray with nonstick foil. Yeah for sweatshirt season, that’s my favorite time of year! hurray! Your email address will not be published. The trick to deeply flavorful cauliflower is to spread it out in an even layer so it roasts and doesn’t just steam. Simple soups with flavorful broth; hearty, chunky soups; bean soups flavored with salty pork; matzoh ball with tender poached chicken; or smooth, pureed vegetarian soups so soothing on a cold day. This post may contain affiliate links. Creamy Roasted Fennel Cauliflower Soup with Crispy Bacon will be the star of the fall! You’ll love this one Michelle! Simmer for 20 minutes. Approximately 5-7 minutes. (Add one or two cauliflower florets to roast with the fennel for garnish if desired.). Best way to eat your veggies for sure! Cut cauliflower into pieces or florets. Remove the foil and top … Jan 20, 2017 - Creamy cauliflower soup with quite a bit of roasted garlic, for good measure. Nonstick foil or parchment paper is ideal to line your sheet pan when roasting the fennel to ensure that it doesn’t stick to the pan. Cook until browned on 1 side, about 3 minutes. Hands down one of the best soups I’ve ever made. 4 cups cauliflower florets 1 medium (1 cup) fennel bulb, cored, chopped 3 garlic cloves 1/2 teaspoon salt (yes I’m obsessed) So head over and get you some recipes! I’ll have to browse your soup board.. maybe I’m not a huge soup lover because I haven’t had extra good ones yet! The scent of the roasting fennel and cauliflower was tantalizing, but the finished soup was even better. Chicken Breasts with Creamy Spinach Sauce. Saute until translucent, about 3-4 minutes. This soup is packed with rich roasted flavor then topped with chili infused oil and crispy bacon – only 156 calories a serving! My daughter made a vegan variant of this for Thanksgiving last year, using veggie stock and cashew cream. Soup is the bomb in the fall and its friendly on your waist. You can make this extra creamy with a splash of heavy cream, but that’s purely optional and not necessary if you want to skip the extra calories. By submitting this comment you agree to share your name, email address, website and IP address with Joyful Healthy Eats. Add roasted cauliflower, fennel, fresh thyme, and vegetable broth. Cauliflower Celery Soup Recipes 213,309 Recipes Which kind of soup are you looking for? Puree with an immersion blender or in a blender in batches. So comforting for a cool fall day! It’s so versatile. Hard to imagine living without it. Purée Soup – using an immersion blender (or slightly cool and blend in a stand blender) puree the soup. This soup was served in small cups to start the meal, but people asked for more soup even though there were many other dishes offered during the feast. This cauliflower and fennel soup is very easy to make, and is low carb and keto friendly! bacon!) Excited to make but need to go to the grocery store first! Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add cauliflower, and sauté 4 minutes. It just got cold here in Montréal and I was standing in the produce aisle trying to come up with an excuse to buy fennel and googled your recipe. I was intimidated by it at first but now I love it! While the fennel roasts, start the soup. Reduce to a simmer and add the roasted fennel to the pot. Thi, ⁠You need this EASY HOLIDAY CRANBERRY SANGRIA in, NO more Turkey because you have to make this l, You did it! Melt the butter in a medium pot or dutch oven set over medium heat. I am really loving the looks of this delicious soup! (most of the time). My daughter made it at Thanksgiving. Thanks for sharing! Love that you added a little kick to this soup with chili oil! Great suggestion of subbing in nut milk for those that can’t tolerate dairy. So I get to live on soup in every form and incarnation and he has to live with my unsatisfying answer. ★ Made this recipe? Since some of the family were lactose-intolerant, my daughter used a vegan “half ‘n half” made with a blend of rich nut “milks”.. So with all the “cool” weather I thought it was time for our first soup of the season! This soup was amazing! Keywords: cauliflower soup with bacon, cauliflower bacon soup, cauliflower soup recipe, creamy cauliflower soup, roasted cauliflower soup, homemade soup recipe, recipe for roasted cauliflower soup, roasted cauliflower soup recipe, healthy cauliflower soup, Tag @joyfulhealthyeats on Instagram and hashtag it #joyfulhealthyeats. thank you so much Jules, it’s one of my favs too! Will be added to my go to soups for sure! This information will not be used for any purpose other than enabling you to post a comment. How great that you’ve added fennel to this bowl of goodness! To prepare the cauliflower soup, warm up 1/4 cup of olive oil in a pot over medium-low heat. Cut into slices and arrange on a baking tray cloves on a baking tray Slice the fennel removing the core. * Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Add cauliflower and fennel to baking sheet, season with olive oil and 1/2 teaspoon of salt. This soup is packed with rich roasted flavor then topped with chili infused oil and crispy bacon. Just thought you might want to know that with the new website and all. Woohoo! Thanks! Such a beautiful combination with cauliflower. Scatter the veg over a baking sheet, drizzle with 1 tbsp olive oil, sprinkle with the fennel seeds and season. Slice off the stem of the fennel and cut lengthwise into sections. Love that it is so easy to print the recipe with one click of the button! Are you a soup junkie like me? One of the places was a hotel bar and restaurant, yup, even the hotel restaurants are good there. These are our 15 best cauliflower soup recipes. Simmer, covered, until cauliflower is tender, about 20 mins. Get our newest recipes in your inbox PLUS our Free E-Book with everything you need to know about cooking Chicken confidently! So glad you enjoyed! Simmer for another 5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for 1 min. Add the cream if desired and adjust the seasoning. The following post contains affiliate links, which means that at no extra cost to you I can make a tiny bit of money to help support this blog. Using spatula, carefully transfer onions to baking sheet with cauliflower, arranging wedges browned side up. Can I get an amen! Using spatula, carefully transfer onions to baking sheet with cauliflower, arranging wedges browned side up. Preheat the oven to gas 7, 220 ° C, fan 200 ° C. Cut the cauliflower into small florets and slice the fennel bulbs into wedges, reserving the cauliflower leaves and fennel tops. Cover and bring to a boil. Add the fennel seeds and garlic and continue to gently sauté for another 5 minutes. Heat the remaining oil in a saucepan with the onion and celery and fry over a medium heat for 10 mins or until softened. This Roasted Fennel Cauliflower Soup it packed with flavor. Fantastic tips on how to make this vegan. Enjoy the soup with your sweatshirt on girl! Roast for 15 mins or until golden and tender. Definitely a star! It’s quick and light, making it a great weeknight … It’s a foodie town for sure! I can eat soup in any form and in any season. Easily serves four adults. Thank you! I LOVE fennel but don’t think I’ve ever had it in soup. Sweet, savory, healthy, decadent…food, like life, is all about balance. Add remaining 2 tablespoons oil to same skillet. Yes, the chili oil is amazing in this! Recipe, Soup and Stew Recipes comfort food, fennel, roasted, soup, starter, winter, cauliflower, pureed, cauliflower soup. Bruise the garlic cloves by bashing with a … Well I have been staring at your pumpkin soup all day! Add the fennel and cauliflower to a large baking dish and pour over the cheese sauce (photos 7 & 8). It was beautiful this weekend! In a large soup pan, gently sauté the onions in oil for 10 minutes, being careful not to allow them to brown. I throw in a few pieces of cauliflower to roast with the fennel for garnish and I love the pop of color and punch of flavor from those green fennel fronds sprinkled on top for serving. 2019 Holiday Gift Guide – Stocking Stuffers for Foodies, ends trimmed and cored (reserve fennel fronds for garnish), *Garnish with reserved roasted cauliflower and fennel fronds. Add the cauliflower, butter beans and vegetable stock to the soup pan. Sprinkle with salt and roast until golden, about 20 mins. Please see my affiliate disclosure for more information. I then decided on bread and cheese, but Max quickly nixed that choice pointing out that bread and cheese technically count as two foods. Do it girl! I big puffy heart soup! *. How to Make the Best Cauliflower Soup 1) Roast Your Cauliflower Behind that creamy beige exterior, you’ll find loads of irresistible roasted cauliflower flavor. Serve garnished with fennel fronds and roasted cauliflower if desired. Preheat the oven to 200C/400F/gas mark six. So so delicious! (Life is one big lesson isn’t it?) Now I could have blown it off and said the obvious (pizza), but instead I really gave this some thought. Both add so much to the dish, one adds a nice spicy element and the other adds texture. We did it! We made it through, So thankful for this little crew of mine! Blend up soup using an immersion blender or slowing ladling soup into a blender and puree in shifts. I made this as I had an extra fennel in my fridge and found your recipe via google. This soup looks amazing! It’s hard to say what my favorite part of this soup is. Cauliflower Fennel Soup Gourmet March 1997 3/4 reviews (7) 83% make it again Go to reviews Can be prepared in 45 minutes or less. 1 small fennel bulb (cut into eighths) 1 small brown onion (peeled and quartered) 3 cloves garlic (peeled) 1 tsp ground cumin 1/4 When I was pregnant with Cason I literally had soup and salad probably every single day because that’s what I was craving. But I was quick to point out that he couldn’t define the rules mid-game, he should have clearly established them up front. I was completely in love and knew it was going to be one of the first soups I would make this fall! Okay, so fennel and soup are two things I love so much! In the afternoon it warmed up to around 80’s but with a breeze and no humidity! I can’t wait to hear what you think! Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. So my son (the master of asking impossible questions) asked me the other day if I could choose one food to live on for the rest of my life, what would it be? It’s my go-to for all of my dinners and I even made it when I catered my besties baby shower! So happy to see it used in soup, because we’re all about healthy soup recipes in the fall. Enjoy – serve soup topped with roasted I totally big heart soup too! The longer this cooks the more the flavors meld but it can easily be done in 20 minutes once all the veggies are in the pot, if you’re in a hurry! Nonstick foil or parchment paper is ideal to line your sheet pan when roasting the fennel to ensure that it doesn't stick to the pan. Cover the dish with tin foil and bake in the oven for 20 minutes. Crock Pot Beef and Three Bean Chili Recipe, The Best Turkey Gravy Recipe without Drippings, Easy Crispy Garlic Parmesan Air Fryer Brussel Sprouts, Best Ever Cornbread Sausage Stuffing Recipe, optional: top with additional drizzle of chili oil. Add fennel; sauté until fennel … Add in milk, salt, and pepper to taste. Chop the cauliflower florets roughly. It was amazing! Love all your recipes! , Cauliflower is such a versatile ingredient. Thanks so much! Thanks for sharing. Pour in the broth and 1 1/2 cups water and bring to a simmer. Creamy Roasted Fennel Cauliflower Soup with Crispy Bacon will be the star of the fall! STEP 2. Your email address will not be published. It looks amazinggggg! Approximately 5-7 minutes. Recipes: Roasted Cauliflower & Fennel Soup Posted by Claire Ragozzino In summer, we move quickly. It’s such a creamy and perfectly balanced recipe. It looks amazing and I can’t wait to give it a try! Join the What Should I Make For... Community to learn what to cook to when to achieve a happier, more balanced life. Place in oven and roast for 15-20 minutes, until vegetables are tender. Add garlic to dutch oven, saute for 30 seconds. And yes bacon just makes everything better! Substitute vegetable stock for a vegetarian option. I’m thrilled that you used this recipe for your friend’s shower. My food philosophy is simple: everything in moderation. I love soup! Now I know what to make for dinner , I have been eyeing this soup all day, Krista! I got this incredible Creamy Cauliflower Soup that had crunchy cabbage on top with a drizzle of chili oil. Heat a medium skillet to medium high heat, add bacon and cook until crispy. If you could have only one food for the rest of your life what would you choose? Stir through most of the cauliflower, reserving some to … Remove from the oven and place in a blender with remaining ingredients. Preheat oven to 425 degrees and line a sheet tray with nonstick foil. Fennel is a new found favorite for me! Roast for 20-25 minutes, turning over veggies halfway. To make this vegan, use a non-dairy alternative to yogurt - coconut works well! Add fennel slices, and sauté 4 to 5 minutes or until tender. Bon Appetite my friends. Add the onion, garlic, fennel, thyme, salt and pepper, and decrease the heat to medium. Bring to a boil and reduce to simmer. Best cauliflower soup ever! It would be great along with a simple salad, a chunk of bread, or just by itself. Thinly slice the fennel and toss with olive oil and lay in an even layer on the sheet tray.