There is a very fine line between representation for mentally ill people and demonizing them for the sake of entertainment. It can help many … But here we want to focus on the problems with social media. Solution – Beware of hackers and spammers! gets put on these sites. Your kids will follow you, so limit to the amount you allow them online. Not to mention that unlimited access has various drawbacks, which I’ll take up in a future post. You can also use social media to promote your blog posts to get more traffic to your sites. Yes, Facebook, Twitter, and even G+ can become very addictive if you don’t know how to limit your time on such social networks. Quite good case study. More the time you spend with them, better your relationship becomes. Current happenings can be found on the internet. You need to learn to filter out the ‘noise’ to find something specific. So, the ONLY thing that works on such social networking sites is limiting your time and running off!! I learned that each of your site should’ve its own identity. Social media is a way to get our feelings or pictures out to the public for friends and colleagues to see. “Social networks aren’t about Web sites. Thus when you need to be with them, you need to move away from the social media. Having everyone sing to the songs is most of the fun; it adds to the festivity of whatever you're doing. So, be careful when you click your pictures and share them. However, let’s face the facts and accept its drawbacks. As usual, you’ve delivered such an awesome post with a very detailed outlook of 20 prominently discussed problems due to social media. So be aware of such fake accounts and identities by checking out their profiles in detail. Solution – If you are on the social networks just to waste time, you can never get anything worthwhile done. Yes indeed, you are lucky here with no kids to take care of because if you are a parent, your kids surely need guidance all along and need to be educated on how to use the social networks the right way. Social issues are the source of a conflicting opinion on the ground of what is perceived as morally correct or incorrect personal life. Sorry for doing that – but I don’t have the time to waste in playing games! Leaving my phone on does not help when I am trying to get my work done, but it is quite the addiction. I guess limiting your time on doing your work and moving on to the next task is the key, without really wasting it on anything else. But we can see on Facebook, there are many peoples who randomly tag friends without any reasons. Glad you could relate the post, and you are certainly not the only one to feel the way you do because most bloggers and those who work online, feel the same way, especially those who are active on the social networking sites. If used wisely and in a well-balanced way, social networking sites and the social media can work in your favor, or else result in lack of productivity due to wastage of time. As for the negative impacts mentioned above, I think when you know the social media problems; you also know the solutions to such problems, don’t you? More so, it’s always a never ending process if you don’t know how to limit yourself on such sites. Sit with them and guide them on how to open an account. Solution – Yes! Thanks to the internet, each person with marginal views can see that he’s not alone. Problem 18: Do you face health issues, like sleep deprivation due to being on the social networks till late night? Anything written – becomes public, so be aware of cyber bullies, texting, and stalkers. However, I’d not go into more details about the other kinds of problems with social media, but concentrate on the ones that affect most of us commonly – social networking site problems. Things and even times have changed, and with so many people online, besides the safety and privacy issues, you just need to find your quiet time away or else you can just get so caught in it all, isn’t it? After phones came out, people tended to stay inside their homes, hiding behind a screen. Thanks for stopping by and have a great week ahead. It is not uncommon that people lie countless of hours before they go to sleep with their phone right in front of their face, scrolling social media. Sharing to a point is fine, but on the social media they (the weirdos)can find you, where as to find you on the websites and trace your life would require much more work that they would probably never do. In fact, they enjoyed their time without social media. I try to keep my social sites shut down while I’m doing other work. I know it’s tough, but if you are determined, you can easily do it, just as I’ve learnt to do. Planning would surely help in this regard, especially if you want to catch up with a specific group of people online such social networking sites. Solution – Chalk out a schedule and how much time you want to spend on such sites, visit them, share your update, quickly go through your notifications and messages, and move away. ~ Ed. I hope you agree. Talking of drugs as you mentioned – how can parents even think them to be ‘legal’ or allow their kids to take them? We’ll also look at some of the challenges governments face on social media and offer solutions on how to mitigate risk. Thanks for highlighting these drawbacks of social media along with solutions to deal with them. I know I can, though with time I’ve learnt how to handle these problems with social media. Of course I don’t have this issue and I never really have because as you know I’m pretty organized. I know those who have similar problems might like these solutions. Now I follow my DMO (Daily Method of Operation) whereby I do what I need to first, then spend 10 minutes three times a day on Social Media. No matter what you are doing, be it blogging, or online surfing, letting your children play games -changes are coming thick and thin. Yes, if you have the free time, these social networks are good, or else, they can reduce your efficiency and productivity, besides harming your entire days work and routine. However this is not without its challenges. There are immense benefits with the use of Social Media in our personal lives and especially in the organisations. “Social media is your opportunity to reach a massive number of people with transparency, honesty, and integrity.” ~ Brian E. Boyd Sr. Let’s move ahead and try to find the solutions to social media problems and make a combined effort to help those who in need in this regard. If you can control the time you spend on the social media sites, and not let them control you, you can maintain a good work-life balance. It provides tools like social media marketing that can reach a millions of potential clients. It’s tough nowadays to keep away from the social media sites, especially the networking sites because there is so much happening there, and as you can see from the feedback from a few commenters, managing their time online such sites is an uphill task. It’s just that you need to know how to use them, and how much time you need to spend on them. I agree that online activity can lead to neglecting real life responsibilities. Don’t open any link that you feel suspicious about or if it’s from some unknown person, whether in your email or your social media accounts. Certain things can take a back seat, it doesn’t really matter, especially when you are bonding with your loved ones, isn’t it? 'Tis the season for Jenny from the Block. If not it is curse. Problem 2: Do you get so lost in your social media networks that you can’t function if you aren’t connected the online world? I don’t think spending an hour online is bad, I need to do that myself and perhaps they say 80% is promotion of your blog, while 20% is writing it, so how else does one do it, if not online such social media sites. Among them I feel very irritating with tags. Although I don’t answer off topic questions, but as you asked, I’d tell you frankly that I don’t have much of an idea as to why people don’t want to index their sitemap in the search engines. The more you stay and check out what others have shared, or see the invitation to play games, or visit unnecessary pages, the more time you waste. Required fields are marked *. Things are changing rapidly and this requires one to change with it or face the consequences. Here are some insights into the problems with social media and suggested solutions that may help you use the social media networking sites in the right way and keep a healthy work-life balance in this updated post. I’m active on sites like twitter though but I use it connect with other bloggers and promote my blog posts. I Rated The 6 Best Seasonal Dates So You Don't Have To Go To Pinterest For Your Next Holidate, With Inauguration Day Approaching, Remember That America's Healing Has Only Just Begun, 5 Predictions On Who Will Appear In Meredith Grey's COVID-19 Dream Tonight In 'Grey's Anatomy', 11 Holiday Songs You NEED To Listen To This December, 3 Holiday Fragrances Jennifer Lopez Just Added To Her Holiday Wish List, 10 Christmas Songs For Your Festive Playlist, 5 Movies And TV Shows That Got Mental Illness Right​, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, 10​​ Songs That Made It Onto My November Playlist. Social media allows the social growth of the society and also helps many businesses. That’s how it should be I would say, and comment only where need be or when it’s with a group of close friends, which again depends if you are in the same time zone and online at the same time. But once I do that, I just move away, or else I start getting tons of more messages from bloggers asking for help or wanting me to comment of like their posts. Problem 14: Some people use such sites to hook up or indulge into extra-marital activities. A new month means new music! I think you are in real bliss if you do that! But perhaps after a certain stage things get out of their hand there. Thank you again for another great post. You’re right, Social Media certainly can cause problems and you’ve done a wonderful job of explaining what those are. People feel empowered when they are online. Thank you for sharing the article. Solution – I deal with this issue every single day! Do you have problems with social media? Problem 3: Do you keep updating your status and remain busy reading the updates of others? I’m glad we do that, so things are in control. Then, you can include the social media accounts in the entire package, which would enhance its cost. For instance, activities and assessments should be designed carefully, based on appropriate learning outcomes. I agree with you – there are a lot of pros and cons of social media, just as you mentioned. Personally, I love to bake cookies and hum along as I cannot sing and no one should ever hear me. With a huge sigh of relief, we can safely say that Joe Biden has won the election. I’ve seen many parents neglect their responsibility of looking after their kids and family because they are always on the social networking sites, for whatever reasons. Tired of hearing the same songs every Christmas? There is too much of it, but I like interacting with others. So they too are listed as your online friends. But I just do one thing – IGNORE such notifications! I mean it does take time to reach out and make those connections so I can see where people can easily lose track of time if they haven’t specifically set some kind of time limit on that. But if you have problems with your partner because either of them is online for a long period, you need to make amends there. Is #12 actually a “problem”? I’m sure you can relate with these issues, isn’t it? Then in an attempt to read and know all the stuff I loose my concentration and productivity. The Common Sense Media survey found that 13 percent of teens reported being cyberbullied at least once. Of course, you must spend some time online and be with everyone too so that you don’t miss out on things, but limit your time. Scheduling the time you spend on each social media site is the only way things work, and like you, even I do that as I visit my various accounts, and if some work comes up, I have no problems even skipping a day or two of visiting such sites. Let’s talk about the problems with social media that you or others might be facing. Wow, what a detailed post and it sounds like there are a lot of people now have issues with social media. A problem shared is a problem halved, as you said in your first article in this series! I limit time on each site to dissolve attachments. I started with these SYPS 3-4 months back and I wanted it to be a platform free and open for everyone who faces problems, to come forth and share their issues, related to the talked of subject, and anyone coming up to answer the questions people had. But, when we stay away from taking responsibility and keep the habit of blaming someone or something else for our own failures, it is a big problem. I guess striking a balance is tough, but if you want to avoid such social media problems you need to work your way about and see what fits in best with your schedule, isn’t it? Social networking sites are an addiction if we can’t manage our time on them. So do you waste time in talking to those who don’t matter to you over issues? First let me make it clear; social media is a great place to promote your views and meet new people, aid communication, and find new job prospects, besides the many other advantages. Connecting with your audience helps to humanize your brand and build real, authentic relationships. Well these are priceless pointers to overcome social media addiction. Luckily I have pretty good self-discipline so I catch myself when I’m getting a little too attached. Like you say one can spend far too much time on there. Keep taking frequent breaks when you work online. Thanks once again . However, it can at times do more harm than good. So it depends on how you use your time on social media. I think most of us can relate to these social media problems as we face them in our daily lives. To be honest, it is a pretty strange concept if you think about it. BTW – It would be nice if you can get a Gravatar so that we know who we are talking to – just a friendly suggestion . I spend some good time on Facebook and Twitter. Being careful about the friends you have also matters. But as you probably already know, I have some extracurricular activities I engage in and sometimes I hang out with friends. Yes I have an account on so many sites but I use them only for profession purposes.An you know the only time I feel relaxed, when there is power-cut in my area and I loss push myself out of home. Cambridge Analytica, the impact of social media on the last presidential election and other issues may have eroded public trust, Werbach said, but “social media has … Hi Harleena Here you again come up with a fabulous article. Instead, find yourself some offline hobbies, friends, and ways to recreate so that you don’t become addicted to the Internet. I was there too once when I started long back, so I know the effect it has on you and your work. As the popularity of social media sites continuously grows, networks such as Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram continue to evolve. On the other hand, it can kill your precious time, damage your reputation or make an internet troll. After some one of my friend asked me to get rid of it. I think for most it should boil down to their priorities although it’s pretty obvious that people can definitely get carried away “chatting” with others online. I think it can make people feel anxious especially if you manage social media for others, etc. Don’t become dependent on such sites. Here are some challenges that I think every social media manager faces while marketing their brands: Creating and discovering unique content Now I don’t feel so guilty about ignoring it. Problem 12: Do you spend time clicking your pictures and sharing it on the social media and seeing what others share, or comment on them? Thanks for the great post Harleena, keep rocking. With the holidays right around the corner, there are many things to look forward to. Thanks for sharing this. At dinner we all focused on one another and had such a good time. I would be mainly talking about the social networking sites and the problems people face. Keep looking straight and see in back mirror in case of urgent need. The return of these characters comes after Meredith was diagnosed with COVID-19 and began experiencing hallucinations of her loved ones. Problem 20: Are your kids facing social media problems? Great points. Your email address will not be published. Social media is a big problem for folks. There are as a tis lots of distractions one faces in the day, and being online, especially the social networking sites does become distracting if one isn’t able to manage the time. However, if you cannot manage the amount of time you spend on the social networking sites or other such places, it can result in lack of focus and productivity, isn’t it? They often send links that can harm your computer, and once that gets infected; they can use your contacts to spread the malware further. Yes Harleena, these all are common problems that we have faced time to time. Lol…I wish that was the case, but you need to be very careful about what all you share on social networking sites. … Although I had Nintendo and Atari, I made time to play with friends. At the end of their last episode, "Grey's Anatomy" teased the return of another character from Meredith's past. In my case, it’s a multi-niche blog, so people know and don’t mind variation in topics and niches, and I share them all in my social media accounts. Social media is here to stay and with it come many different challenges and opportunities. This November didn't have too many new releases, however, I did find a few and a couple of new discoveries. Have a nice week ahead . Hope this little suggestion helped , Thank you for your really helpful tips to cope up with the problems. I’m not skeptical or negative about social media; in fact, I use it immensely on a daily basis. I feel my main problem with Social Media is not using it effectively! I personally think that everything regarding social media is simply – common sense, consistency and to be be social. Yes, social media on the whole is a great source of information, but you need to set limits to the amount of time you want to spend on it and not let it rule your life. So, you hardly see me on Facebook, Twitter, and Google Plus, except for the short time that I am online. A long time ago I found myself hanging out too much on social media and had to put a stop to it. . The best solution would be to make your blog multi-niche like mine if you can – I’m sure you’d benefit more in terms of easier management, saving of time and efforts, limit extra expenses, combine the readership and create more traffic as well as rise high in ranks. Social media has very few rewards and is plagued with issues, ranging from stalking to psychological disorders and destroying the borders we should have around our … Thanks for sharing Harleena, and you have a great day! Social media … It was the crucial time for me. Anyhow, I can do more than I am doing but hopefully my new hire will be just the ticket I need to building a better online presence! Yes indeed, when you share a problem, you certainly feel lighter and better, and it gives a chance to others also to learn from them. What a great experiment! Thanks for the great post Harleena, keep rocking. 1) Prioritize Organic Reach I find the whole social media overwhelming and mind boggling sometimes. All of these songs are definitely popular. But today we are face to face with social media and now is as good a time as any to begin trying to figure out how we might go about comprehensively addressing these major challenges of … Bad language, bad relationships, etc. Yes, to a certain extent they are because we don’t know how to limit our time online . You wonder why isn’t that great post working and why is no one engaging on that one, etc. Oh they protested! Instead, I prefer to use it to share useful knowledge . Here are five problems concerning social media: 1. I think it’s a great place to connect and meet people, but again, all that interaction and socializing should be done when we end our chores or when we take out time away from work for it, isn’t it?