Remove from the oven and let cool. I’m wondering if I blended it too long and it got a little too warm and that brought out the bitterness too. ★☆. (May be covered and refrigerated at this point for up to 3 days.) Hey Gaby! Grill in the oven for about 10 minutes. Combine the salt and zaatar in a small bowl; set aside. I don’t peel the chickpeas bc I’m too lazy, and it still turns out great. I added the fresh basil and {Voila!} Next Product. Hummus , a type of dip made from a blend of chickpeas and spices, boasts a good number of health benefits and makes an excellent dietary addition. Just […], […]  I try to find ways to work it into just about everything I do! Make it just as awesome for game day or … Pesto and hummus might sound like a strange combination but I promise you that it totally works. Sounds like our taste buds like the same kind of tasty food. Can be served slightly warm or at room temperature. If you're feeling extra jazzy, pulverize the garbanzo beans in the blender first without any of the other ingredients. Eat What You Want Love every recipe I have tried but this is truly award winning!! Your email address will not be published. In addition, hummus can help with weight loss and disease prevention. Awww thank you so much! Homemade is always better, isn’t it?! 14 Ways To Eat Hummus, Besides Slathering It On Pita Chips. The best homemade hummus I’ve ever made! Bake for 7 minutes or until crisp. Do you think I can find Sumac at Whole Foods? I’m in heaven. If you’re using canned garbanzo beans (I do!) Easy recipe with minimal ingredients and fantastic flavor! Sure, hummus spends a good deal of time flirting with black olives and sometimes with roasted red pepper too, but this is the real deal. But … I liked it so much that I never bothered to add it afterwards. Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before serving. It gives plain old hummus such an interesting and elegant twist. Why would I get store bought ever again? If you are not familiar with Tahini, it’s basically peanut butter made with sesame seeds. Whether you add 2, 3 or 4 cloves of garlic to your hummus is totally up to your own personal taste. I’m so happy you like the recipe!! Hummus is one of those dishes that we’ve all tried, and a few may have said, “I wish I could make something like this!” Design by Purr. Serve with Pita Chips (recipe to follow) and fresh vegetables such as celery and carrots. By using some pre-made items, this hummus bowl recipe will save you time on prepping appetizers for your Holiday get together. Oh my god this looks amazing! Classic Hummus and Pita Chips. Having friends over for dinner… obviously we need a Mezze platter. ), we've made it many many times again; it's become a long-time favorite around here. Heat the oven to 400°F and arrange a rack in the middle. ©2020 The Endless Meal®. Remove from the oven and immediately transfer the chips to a wire rack to cool. Now, i’m off to try my hand at making pita chips. We eat hummus often and have begun making my own experimenting with different flavors. If I eat enough of it before the Thanksgiving meal, it looks like there may be hope for my jeans after all… . This Easy Festive Hummus Bowl with Pita Chips takes only 15-minutes and is easy to throw together. I made this one and it was super yummy!! no hassle. How long can it be stored in the fridge in your opinion? First make the pita chips: Preheat the oven to 375ºF. https://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes/hummus-with-pita-chips This recipe is cheap, healthy, and can be used […], […] make this on the regular like me, it’s pretty freaking awesome when you dip the leftovers in hummus. Flip the wedges over and repeat with the remaining oil and salt mixture. 4. : Calorie breakdown: 52% fat, 36% carbs, 11% protein. Top with any or all of the garnishes. I do still love tahini in regular hummus, though! Place the pita bread in the oven. yes you can absolutely find it at whole foods!! Good for you food that tastes super good! For the pita chips: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees The first batch of chips I did was simply titled Baked Pita Crisps. Chips can be stored for a few days in a zip-top bag. Yum!!! Serve the hummus garnished with more extra-virgin olive oil, roasted pine nuts, or chopped parsley, and enjoy with the pita chips. Each flavor really stands out without overpowering the other, and they work so well together (see the part about a match made in heaven blah blah blah.). . I used Trader Joe’s can of garbanzos (and peeled them) and TJ’s organic tahini (which I tasted after making the hummus and it tastes a little bitter straight from the jar). If you try making the pita chips or hummus, let me know in the comments below, or snap a photo and tag me with @InSearchOfYummyness or #InSearchOfYummyness on Instagram! Top with any or all of the garnishes. If not, substitute it for paprika! 3. These look amazing! All Rights Reserved. I either get the Whole Foods brand or the one from trader joes. Buy Now. Thank you for sharing! Hooray! That’s awesome! To be honest, I initially made it without tahini because I had ran out and was too lazy to walk up to the store. Toasted Pita Chips: 1 package pita bread olive oil kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper. As for the pita chips, you get to make them IN BULK, and they’re crunchy and delicious with the hummus … Best Hummus Ever! My Lebanese mother-in-law introduced me to zaatar several years ago and I make bake pita with zaatar on a regular basis. Don’t act like you don’t have time to peel your chick peas – do it while you’re watching Netflix one night and then you can make amazing hummus the next day in like 5 minutes. Pesto and hummus should shack up and are getting it on. Cooks Illustrated adapts a technique Yotam Ottolenghi for dried chickpeas for canned. Hummus and pita chips, for example, make the perfect pair. I will definitely making it again:). The hummus (also sometimes referred to as hummus dip) tastes fabulous with the pita chips, which are light and crispy and mildly seasoned with garlic salt and dried herbs. Cut each pita into 8 - … We love the combination of pesto hummus with our homemade crispy pita chips. See more ideas about Hummus, Food processor recipes, Cooking light. I’ll try those things and a different tahini brand next time. Cut the pita into triangles and tear them apart so that they are a single layer, instead of two triangles held together by the top seam. Thank you for making it so easy to try!! The hummus pesto can also be served with veggies as a dip. Why have I never tried to make hummus myself? New to hummus….thanks for the help . I’m so happy to hear the recipe was a hit!! Easy to make and keeps for up to 3 weeks in the refrigerator. For the pita chips: Place a rack in the center of the oven and preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment or a silicone mat. peeling makes it extra smooth – and dont be afraid to blend it for a few minute to really break things down. It's very easy to make and delicious served with homemade pita chips for a party appetizer, packed for work or school lunch, spread on a sandwich, or as a dinner side dish. Hummus is a mediterranean dip perfect as an appetizer or afternoon snack. Required fields are marked *. So yummy!!! Spoon the hummus into a bowl and drizzle with additional olive oil, a sprinkle of lemon pepper, and a couple additional chickpeas if desired. bitter? This makes for a smooth and creamy texture. Thanks so much and have a great weekend! Transfer the beans to a large bowl and wash with three or four changes of cold water, all the while agitating the beans vigorously between your hands to release the skins, which will float easily away. My kids eat this up like it’s going out of style, and, honestly, it’s easy to make! Is there a reason for no tahini? … I am hummus-obsessed and have tried so many recipes and methods. While I’m rarely opposed to a short cut, in this case, it’s all about peeling them. It is so much better than tinned. Hi Gaby! Thank you! but I bet that would be delish! Brush the tops with half of the olive oil and sprinkle with half of the salt mixture. It really going the extra step sometimes that makes all the difference! ★☆ To serve, drizzle it with a little olive oil, and sprinkle it with sumac or paprika. I love love love the pesto flavour hummus I get at the store but I bet the homemade version is even better I’ll definitely be trying this! Wow thanks, Jen! I thought of trying to describe the flavor but I think you'll just have to make it and see. Place the chips onto a sheet of paper towel to remove any excess oil. Serve immediately or keep covered in your fridge for up to 5 days. The whole foods brand is a bit smoother! Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Prepare a large baking sheet lined with foil or parchment paper. So happy you love basil in your hummus too , Shack up indeed–feasting my eyes on this now, and will be feasting my stomach on this shortly. Serve with spiced pita chips and fresh veggies. There are 390 calories in 1 container of Sabra Hummus with Pita Chips. There’s nothing better than homemade hummus and I love your herbed pita chips! Most of the recipes you’ll find here are Whole30, paleo, keto, vegan, or gluten-free. Gaby, I love this hummus!! Hummus is a great source of protein, healthy fats, and calcium. Transfer the hummus to a bowl, cover the surface with plastic wrap, and let it rest for at least 30 minutes. Toss with olive oil and spices. The key to homemade hummus is the addition of both oil and water. Peel the skin off one at a time (using your thumb and first two fingers), and add beans to food processor.