You will stand on invisible features and crank. Furthermore, heel hooking in the Miura VS was a dream. La Sportiva Miura Climbing Shoe … All trademarks property of their respective owners When it comes to the technical footwork that sport climbers demand, the Miura VS is the Ferrari of shoes: they stand on miserable little edges I can barely see. They’ve asked me to write a quick review of their Miura VS shoes, and I happily obliged: for three months I’ve been edging, smearing, The flatter fit of the original Miura (left) makes them a better all-arounder and generally more comfortable than the Miura VS (right). This shoe is not designed or intended for use in cracks, as the triple buckle system gets in the way, and will suffer some wear and tear if jammed frequently into hand cracks. The La Sportiva Miura holds an 'all-around' solution to the extreme requirements of modern climbing: friction, sensitivity, precision on edges and comfortable fit. Other than that, everything went perfectly with Al's sporting goods (Vendor). As we’ve come to expect from the Italian company, build quality is impressive and durability is a strongpoint of the Miura VS. As someone with a wide foot who really wanted the Miura VS to work for me, I’m thrilled to see the addition of the Otaki to La Sportiva’s lineup. This shoe does as advertised, and climbs hard. We also tested the women’s version of the Miura VS on a climber with feet of normal width. https://www.moosejaw.com/product/la-sportiva-men-s-miura-vs-shoe_10043974 The best edging shoe on the market, hands down. 5.0. Distinguishing features: aggressive. GearLab is reader-supported. The toe is low volume and pointy though and can gain purchase in thin cracks and pods, so it's not bad for trad bragging, it's just not our first choice for long days on the big stone. Reviews. The shoes excel when you're edging or sticking your toes in tiny pockets. Our Editors independently research, test, and rate the best products. Based on 95 ratings . Photo: Lukasz Warzech Friday, 22 April 2016 Total transparency: La Sportiva started supporting me earlier this year. Men's Price MSRP: $155.00 Current Retail: $175.00-$185.00 Historic Range: $39.95-$185.00 ... Find the best footwear product for your next outdoor adventure using our independent reviews and ratings. Everyone has their own style and every route has different features. By Kayla McKinney, featuring photos from Eli Staggs. Depending on the seller, most products ship free in the United States on orders of $50 or more. The Miura VS is a time-tested classic from La Sportiva, offering impressive levels of performance on varied terrain. La Sportiva Miura Lace-Up Performance. This review was written in 2016 by Tom Livingstone. 3 Stars. The Evolv Shaman is a similar concept to the Miura VS, but much more comfortable. The cost of the product is the same to you but this helps us continue to test and write about outdoor gear. One of our testers felt the buckle pushing hard on to the top of his foot whenever he flexed his foot into the smearing position. The Miura VS is a function specific shoe and does a few things, like edging, incredibly well. What am I forgetting? Miura > Vapor imo! We only make money if you purchase a product through our links, and we never accept free products from manufacturers. In addition to being a vital part of every climber’s safety, harnesses offer... Quinn Brett does a handstand every day. Though I’m not one to advocate for buying gear to climb harder, the Miuras certainly helped me discover a new realm of try hard: a world where micro-edges and tiny pebbles suddenly offer legitimate platforms on which to stand. The Miura VS is on the narrow side, so given my wide feet, I bought the men’s version for its wider last. La Sportiva North America. The pricing information on this page is updated hourly but we are not responsible for inaccuracies. The La Sportiva Miura VS Vibram XS Edge Climbing Shoe has been helping climbers send and winning awards left and right since its creation. For lighter climbers, XS Grip 2 provides slightly more give, and thus more friction. Let go, and the heel sucks back into place nicely. This is the climbing shoe version female, the Miura VS , by its shape, structure and colors. Climbing in the specialized La Sportiva Miura VS. This shoe is stiff, allowing it to provide incredible edging power on vertical to overhanging terrain. Are you looking for best la sportiva miura vs review, we’ve consulted top experts who has in-and-out knowledge about the la sportiva miura vs review. The P3 midsole lets you power down through your toes on the tiniest of features. Oh yeah, headlamp. 0/3 . They're stiff, have good grip, comfortable and slightly arched. Total transparency: La Sportiva started supporting me earlier this year. She snorts when she laughs, is known to dye her hair with vibrant streaks of color, and simply does not sit down. The La Sportiva Miura VS Vibram XS Grip2 Climbing Shoe for women is a great option for intermediate climbers needing an all-around, technical shoe. In Bishop’s Buttermilk boulders, for example, I found myself standing on tiny, almost imperceptible edges that I would have balked at before. La Sportiva makes their women’s Miura VS with Vibram XS Grip 2, a softer—and thus less durable—rubber. This stiff, aggressive shoe is perhaps best known for its ability to perch on tiny edges, and climbers love it for steep boulders, technical sport climbs, and vertical granite trad routes alike. Read more about us. Great aggressive shoe. La Sportiva’s Solution ($180) is just that: a slightly lower volume, softer shoe with large rubber patches, made on the same last but exclusively with Vibram XS Grip 2 rubber. Our lead tester went up a half size from his normal La Sportiva sizing before he could comfortably climb a full pitch in these shoes. Enter the Miura VS. The La Sportiva Solution is a high-performance shoe designed for sport climbing and bouldering on vertical and overhanging terrain. You won't paste your toes on Braille up the rock in this shoe. Last but not least, we’ll mention the Scarpa Instinct VS. Like the Miura VS, this shoe is stiffer and less downturned than most bouldering shoes, which makes it better at edging on vertical terrain. View Product. The Miura VS is a time-tested classic from La Sportiva, offering impressive levels of performance on varied terrain. La Sportiva Miura VS Climbing Shoe JavaScript seems to be disabled in your browser. The La Sportiva Miura, aka the “Bananas,” is a perennial favorite among climbers, so much so that if Sportiva ever stopped producing them, their Chiquita-brand colors would have to have to be retired in some kind of climbing shoe hall of fame. The VS is stiffer and more aggressive, designed to fit tightly and hold its shape throughout its lifespan. Reviews & ratings. Now, slight deviations to the tried-and-true … In our opinion, it is the most precise edging shoe on the market. If you want a shoe that will let you climb at your limit, then the Miura VS is an excellent option. And if you’re partial to La Sportiva, their Katana and TC Pro are great choices for all-day climbing on vertical and slabby terrain. La Sportiva Otaki offers quite comfortable experience As some of you know, I've been publishing in-depth information around La Sportiva's climbing shoes for months now.Some of the climbers say that the Otaki is a modified Miura … A combination of a Slingshot rand and Powerhinge System … The sole of the men’s Miura VS is made with 4mm Vibram XS Edge, a tough blend of rubber known for its stiffness and durability. For this review, our primary tester was a female who wore the men’s version of the Miura VS—her wide feet were better accommodated by the last of the men’s shoe. Average rating. That said, I’ve begun to put in more and more time in the lowlands on smaller walls and boulders, learning to—almost ironically—try harder. Browse La Sportiva's top-rated footwear and more. Men's Price MSRP: $155.00 Current Retail: $175.00-$185.00 Historic Range: $39.95-$185.00 ... Find the best footwear product for your next outdoor adventure using our independent reviews and ratings. If you’re looking exclusively for a bouldering shoe, look elsewhere (both the Scarpa Instinct VS and La Sportiva Solution would be better options). They’ve asked me to write a quick review of their Miura VS … The Miura's terrain recommendations — overhanging … The good news is that it’s painless and will go away over time (if you’re not consistently wearing the Miura VS). The curve of the VS is reinforced with Sportiva’s P3 technology: a stiff randing system that holds the aggressive downturn for the life of the shoe and helps transfer your foot’s power to the toe. This shoe pretty much does it all.What we don't: Shape and fit won’t work for everyone.See the Men’s La Sportiva Miura VS  See the Women’s La Sportiva Miura VS. The women's version of the La Sportiva Miura VS is a fantastic climbing shoe. The Miura is still one of his favourite shoes, three years later. Read La Sportiva Miura VS product reviews, or select the size, width, and color of your choice. Many aggressively downturned shoes are soft and flexible, but not the Miura VS. The La Sportiva Miura are … Midsole: P3® with 1.1mm LaspoFlex. International shipping availability and rates vary by seller. Based on 95 ratings . La Sportiva Miura VS Shoe Review - 99 Boulders. A versatile, high-performance shoe. Find helpful customer reviews and review ratings for La Sportiva Miura VS Climbing Shoe Yellow - 43 at Amazon.com. ". The edging ability, support, adjustability, and downturned shape makes this shoe great for multiple climbing categories. The La Sportiva Miura has a downturned sole which makes it suited for steep or overhanging sport climbing and bouldering. 100% customers recommended this product. But if the fit is too slim, La Sportiva’s new Otaki ($180) is a wider, slightly less stiff cousin of the Miura VS, but overall is a very similar shoe. As we mentioned above, this shoe is made using La Sportiva’s P3 technology, short for Performance Power Platform. We have filter more than 100+ of product to … Unlike the original, the Miura VS features La Sportiva's P3® rand system that makes the … The La Sportiva Miura VS ($185) doesn’t work for everyone, but if the shoe fits, you’ll likely be wearing it for years to come. La Sportiva Miura VS is no exception to this rule. Aug 13, 2018. The Miura Lace, on the other hand, lacks the same stiff, shape-holding design, and as a result will flatten out and grow soft over time. In short, unless you're planning to climb steep terrains and/or overhanging areas pretty much all the time, then I'd mostly recommend the Miura. The P3 midsole lets you power down through your toes on the tiniest of features. !” “I don’t know. I felt like the shoe was able to take all of my foot’s power and move it directly to the edge of the toe box. If you size these shoes tight, they're gonna hurt, and there's no getting around it. 4.83 . In the beginning, I grimaced every time I put the shoe on: pulling the rand over my heel was like an exercise in suctioning. Many people develop a bump on their big toe from these shoes. Let’s dive into the details. Reviews & Ratings for La Sportiva Miura VS Climbing Shoes - Men's — 4 reviews — Page 1 (4 reviews) La Sportiva Miura VS Climbing Shoes - Men's $185.00. Select Your Cookie Preferences. … 4 Stars. both stretch (the miura a bit more), the miura fits better imo (everywhere (toes, heel, more confortable) but has one big problem: if toehook you will loose some of the laces + you will pull out laces anyway if you pull to hard. If you’re thinking about buying gear that we’ve reviewed on Switchback Travel, you can help support us in the process. The shoes excel when you're edging or sticking your toes in tiny pockets. For those who predominantly sport climb or boulder on steep terrain, you may want to consider a softer shoe with more rubber on the toe box. Because the Solution is one of the most aggresively designed, performance focused pair in La Sportiva's line-up. W ith names such as Testarossa and Miura casting allusions towards Italian supercars, I was expecting big things of La Sportiva rock shoes. • The Slingshot … If you climb predominantly on steep terrain or like to be able to feel the rock through your shoe, consider a softer model like the La Sportiva Skwama or Five Ten Hiangle.