I'm trying to merge multiple ts chunk files to one single file, without any loss of quality or reencoding. Ask Ubuntu works best with JavaScript enabled, Start here for a quick overview of the site, Detailed answers to any questions you might have, Discuss the workings and policies of this site, Learn more about Stack Overflow the company, Learn more about hiring developers or posting ads with us. Hot Network Questions Famous grandmaster games of "torturous" winning or flaunting out of arrogance? The sound was 5 seconds behind the video. It only takes a minute to sign up. How to convert .ts file into a mainstream format losslessly? Choose a folder and name for the file you will be creating and click "Save". Basically you're limited by the format you chose. In spite of such bugs implied, MC0.7.5.4742 can convert japanese/english to japanese/english when input file is once encoded .m2ts(H264-ac3) or .mp4(H264-aac) in all settings except ffmpeg/nero/LC-AAC, samely as 4710,4720,4730, and 4740. Once converted, the files can be played on a wide range of devices and players without any need for a DVD player. YES, look at the "thread where all this has been discussed" link, someone wrote explicitly "to encode WMV to MP4" with the example bellow – Xasz Sep 15 '11 at 16:02 Anyway, did you try the command? It seems you have found out how to rip a DVD title to a single VOB file. 3. mencoder -oac copy -ovc copy -o “joined.avi” “1.avi” “2.avi ... and using the same codec, but any video format that mencoder recognizes is fine. First-Person Games vs. Third-Person Games: What Are the Differences? site design / logo © 2020 Stack Exchange Inc; user contributions licensed under cc by-sa. That failed with the error message "Incompatible audio / For DVD, audio must be 48 kHz MP2 (stereo), AC3, DTS or LPCM (stereo)". How can I be sure? For your Windows 10 PC, VLC works as a decent disc ripping tool as it facilitates converting DVD contents into for MP4 format. The process of ripping a DVD broken down into two tasks: 1. If they don't work out you can always go for a Free Trial of the following Apps: http://www.iskysoft.com/video-converter-mac.html, http://www.xilisoft.com/mp4-converter-mac.html, http://www.xilisoft.com/hd-video-converter-mac.html. Why does vaccine development take so long? How can I determine, within a shell script, whether it is being called by systemd or not? When you encode from a VIDEO_TS folder, you need to use a mencoder preset. This will re-encode the video to H.264 and stream copy the audio: The next example will re-encode both video and audio: VideoLAN (VLC - http://www.videolan.org/vlc/index.html) will easily convert just about anything into anything. If you have IFO files,you can use this DVD Ripper for Mac rip and convert any popular video and audio formats. Convert your MP4 files to AVI video. It might be caused by something quite exotic in the audio stream of my video. MP4 (MPEG-4 Video) is a multimedia container and a compression standard for video, audio and other data (such as subtitle, image, text and more), developed by the Moving Picture Experts Group (MPEG). 1. Transcoding – Converting the extracted data into a suitable format such as mp4 If you wish to play or rip encrypted DVDs, you must install the libdvd* packages on your Linux distro. Select "MP4 File" in the drop-down list next to "Container" and click "Start". These phone cleaner apps for Android help you clear out junk files taking up space on your device. rev 2020.12.4.38131, The best answers are voted up and rise to the top. 0. how to convert audio (.3gpp) file to video file? Stack Exchange network consists of 176 Q&A communities including Stack Overflow, the largest, most trusted online community for developers to learn, share their knowledge, and build their careers. Ask Ubuntu is a question and answer site for Ubuntu users and developers. Your player/device may not support all arbitrary, less common, or legacy formats even if they are supported by MP4. I wanted to convert a file from AVI (mpeg2, mp3) to MP4 (mpeg4, aac) to be able to play it on another device (one without VLC). I've found the posts explaining vlc. Part 1. Windows 10 Pro vs. Enterprise: What Are the Differences? I have read the How do I convert .ts files into something useful? When you encode from a single VOB file, you can use any preset. To subscribe to this RSS feed, copy and paste this URL into your RSS reader. This will stream copy (re-mux) all streams: The -map 0 option is used to include all streams. Can a fluid approach the speed of light according to the equation of continuity? Voiceitt Brings Accessibility Focused Speech Recognition to Home Assistants, Wireless Charging: How It Works and Everything Else You Must Know, 5 Chrome Alternatives to Browse the Web in Unique Ways, 10 Amazing Effects You Can Apply Using Nik Plugins With Photoshop, Twitter Is Getting Rid of Threaded Replies, Everything You Need to Collaborate on a Music Project Remotely, HBO Max to Support 4K With Wonder Woman 1984, Lotmaxx SC-10 Shark Review: Reliable 3D Printer for Beginners, But Maybe Skip the Upgrades. 0. I tried avidemux with the settings "copy" for the video and audio streams, and the "PS" container format for MPEG. I think that mencoder/ffmpeg don't really support the mp4 container, and a subsequent muxer is needed to convert the output to mp4. A new release! MPlayer 1.2.1 is a bugfix release from the 1.2 branch. Do I have to incur finance charges on my credit card to help my credit rating? Ffmpeg: can TS video be converted directly to MP4 video without re-coding? Hanging black water bags without tree damage. 6 Android Apps That Really Clean Up Your Device (No Placebos! I was hoping to encode them to a format viewable on the PB. (On Linux is required mencoder, dvdauthor and mkisofs) Record stream with avconv stops prematurley. I found a ‘helpful’ post on how to do this, but the commands were for a much much older (2008) version of ffmpeg.I then came across a ubuntu forums post that used the same commands but updated for the neweer (but still 2009) version of ffmpeg. The mplayer site has a document on mp4 conversions. If you're using MPlayer 1.2 you are encouraged to upgrade. 7.7.2. QuickTime 7 supports H.264 video and AAC audio, but it does not support them muxed in the AVI container format. The files are taken from a live stream, however I'm trying to merge them in a diffrent order and not the order they were streamed. Found what you were looking for? Can I save seeds that already started sprouting for storage? Mine is a headless linux system. YASA Avi to Mpeg Converter is an expert and easy-to-used Avi to Mpeg converter. Please check the copyright l… lavfopts=format=mp4 sws=9-----and because mencoder's MP4 muxing is a little broken, I then mux it into an MP4 via ffmpeg. Now my problem is that I record the raw TV-stream (video uses h264 and sound is ac3 5 channels) as a ".ts" stream file. Cropping videos to perfectly fit YouTube 16:9 dimensions with PiTiVi or Kdenlive? It was almost perfect. Convert rmvb,avi,mp4,wmv, ogv, mkv, mov, mpg, vob,ogv, ogg, ogm etc To avi (divx5), xvid, dvd iso, h264 in a simple way. The basic syntax for a conversion is So to convert movie.mpg to movie.avi with MPEG-4 Part 2 video and MP2 audio, the command is The default output formats without any options are MPEG-4 for video and MP2 for audio. I have some .mp4 videos that were taken with my cell phone. It seems you have found out how to rip a DVD title to a single VOB file. Other then that I only know of the following tools: http://www.kigo-video-converter.com/free-video-converter-mac/index.html, Miro Video Converter (only has presets for mobile devices, maybe quality is good enough). Please confirm your email address in the email we just sent you. VLC will convert anything to anything with outstanding losslessness. Well, let's imagine we have a Flash Video (FLV/F4V) container file (possibly "unseekable" or with other minor problems) containing MPEG-4 AVC video & AAC (or MP3) audio. By "lossless" I believe lacton meant "remuxing". OGMRip is a library providing a common API for ripping and encoding DVD into AVI/OGM/MP4/Matroska files using a wide variety of codecs. ffmpeg - Create a mp3 file with album art from an mkv file, DVD Audio Playback Silent - how to find codec, Error opening file using avconv conversion from mp4 to mov. bash script : is it possible to recognize video format from files (to batch extract audio from them)? We'll convert ("remux") it to MP4 without any transcoding (re-encoding), so it'll be very fast, and using only the free tools (available in the official Debian GNU/Linux repositories). FFMPEG - Merge two MP4 files. DIVX encoding on a G5 dual is twice as faster as realtime. When you encode from a single VOB file, you can use any preset. How can I get my cat to let me study his wound? It runs on Linux, Windows, and Mac OS X, and has a very user-friendly interface. YASA AVI to MPEG Converter can convert AVI to MPEG MPG MP4 DVD VOB PSP iPod DivX WMV ASF 3GP H263 MOV VCD SVCD; YASA AVI to MPEG Converter can also convert AVI to MP3 MP2 WMA WAV AC3 M4A OGG;All codec are built-in.Can clip AVI video files. I would like to convert it to a more main stream format (e.g., mp4, MPEG2-PS...), in a lossless way if possible (i.e., remuxing). I'm after some help please. This is basically how one converts a video. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understand our Cookie Policy, Privacy Policy, and our Terms of Service. Posted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 6:43 am Post subject: HOWTO conveniently convert videos using mencoder, x264 What caused this mysterious stellar occultation on July 10, 2017 from something ~100 km away from 486958 Arrokoth? Differences in meaning: "earlier in July" and "in early July".