The other weekend I thought about this as I walked through the shopping centre near my… developing countries over the past quarter century.... INFOGRAPHIC. Irritated, he said I gave you one only the other day A new one, what have you done with it? Later with bright wings. Three years later, surrounded by... INFOGRAPHIC. Another summer, another dollar. Sometimes we have to challenge readers' sensibility so we can build a better world. The community languages have received little recognition since post independence period. In another stanza it says ‘Bara Jahan Mein Tujh Ko Bana Diya Uss Ne Mujhe Darakht Pe Charhna Sikha Diya Uss Ne’ which translates to, ‘He has created you large in the world and He has taught me climbing large trees’. - - - - - | Meaning, pronunciation, translations and examples Suddenly, an idea popped into my head about a poem about this. Atkinson suggests 'a careful, limited use of L1' to help students get the maximum benefit from activities which in other respects will be carried out in the target language. ...English 101 Mother Tongue Amy Tan makes a valid point about the use of different Englishes that are spoken in different places and to certain people. radically altering shorelines. The cinematograph was patented on February 13, 1895. A country usually has a national language. 8. Winner: Afaq Awais, Year 9, Calderstones School - - - - - INFOGRAPHIC. The poem sheds light on the ongoing problem of bullying. The first language, on the other hand, may refer to the first language that the person learned. The use of mother tongue has always been a great area of interest to me partly because of my personal early learning experience. The mountain represents splendour, power and arrogance while the squirrel symbolises the common man. The speech began at 11am and ended... INFOGRAPHIC. 73,258 athletes will tour the city streets in... INFOGRAPHIC. A multitude of languages are used in Canada.According to the 2016 census, English and French are the mother tongues of 56.0% and 21.4% of Canadians respectively. Why I like this poem South China Morning Post special pre-event coverage infographic. - - - - - The analysis of the 20 richest countries versus to the 20 poorest. This cut-out infographic includes a mid-upper-arm circumference (or... "When I was a child, my mother said to me, 'If you become a soldier, you'll be a general. Mother Tongue Mother Tongue : I approached a stem Swinging on a reed And asked him To give me a quill. London Olympics special coverage. Una mirada en profundidad de este famoso... INFOGRAPHIC. London Olympics special coverage. - - - - - This infographic is part of the National Geographic Magazine "Race" special issue published in April 2018. Cinco proyectos ferroviarios... INFOGRAPHIC. A preview published on MONO, ... INFOGRAPHIC. All alone, I wrote this poem in the style of a riddle because I like answering them and most of the time they’re not that boring so they catch the reader’s attention! I accepted the challenge. London Olympics special coverage. Every year the Lunar New Year festivities mark the largest population movement in the world. I am a writer. As colourful as a rainbow, Wherever and whenever. Various obstacles... INFOGRAPHIC. a pop star. Reinstating the mother tongue In Teaching Monolingual Classes (1993). About 4.8 million Syrians have fled a country ravaged by more than four years of civil war. What the poem is about This infographic accompanied the story The... INFOGRAPHIC. Here, mother tongue is basically considered to be the native language. If all of the world’s ice were to melt, sea levels would rise to more than 65 metres, In total 86.2% of Canadians have working knowledge of English while 29.8% have a working knowledge of French. Can you guess what am I? Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total) 1 2 → Author Posts April 2, 2008 at 11:34 am csmammaParticipant I was wondering how Analytical Grammar is CM friendly. 1.2 The role of mother tongue in second language learning Incomplete first language skills often make learning other languages difficult. Una mirada atrás hacia los grandes protagonistas en la historia de los ... INFOGRAPHIC. This can include discrimination or racism where people choose to do this because a person is different, but every individual is different and every individual has something special about them. Being established in 1992-93, it has become a multibillion-dollar industry, attracting fans around the globe. The... INFOGRAPHIC. Twenty-three of these languages are a mother tongue for more than 50 million people. The Terracotta Army was silent until the death of their emperor. I cannot give you much more than personal opinions on the English language and its variations in this country or others. Individual sports. 8:37. The world has made progress against hunger. It is the language I get encouragement from my peers and teachers, the drive for working hard. Another interpretation is that the poet wrote this poem to show that the person can achieve great things if he/she tries. The Himalayan earthquake, which struck... INFOGRAPHIC. Although you are large and gigantic and I am a tiny creature but I have got many skills that you haven’t. The concept of mother tongue. For new business enquiries, please email hello@mothertongue.com or use the contact form. Visual description of the 613 goals scored by Lionel Andrés Messi Cuccittini (Leo Messi) before the 2018 World Cup. Pablo Picasso’s Les Femmes d’Alger (Version 0) – which was exhibited in Hong Kong last month – this week became the most expensive paint... INFOGRAPHIC. The reason the poet wrote this poem was to say that it is good to be different and diverse as this is what separates humans from a herd of sheep as humans are allowed to be different. The arcs group the food categories generally allowed in each diet. Change ), You are commenting using your Google account. A study published in science journal The Lancet shows if current rates of consumption continue in China, two million people will die... INFOGRAPHIC. I still think very much with Chinese ethic and ‘drive’, but my views are more open because of my English education; English is now the language I can express myself in, the language that dominates my thinking process. In three days I built these two pages of similar topic. ... 8:37. Flying high, Colored bars next to each animal's name indicate which behaviors have been recorded for that group in the... INFOGRAPHIC. I like this poem because the poet, through a simple yet impressive conversation between a mountain and a squirrel, conveyed a deep and though-provoking moral to the reader. Infographic included in the special ... INFOGRAPHIC. In conclusion I like this poem because it is very inspirational and also because of its uses of contrast, imagery and poetry techniques. Instead, I became a... INFOGRAPHIC. Rhetorical Analysis of “Mother Tongue” written by Amy Tan “So easy to read”(p.4). ( Log Out /  One must... INFOGRAPHIC. Symmetrical too, Entire families have become stateless citizens in the worst... INFOGRAPHIC. Only four of the seven species of honeybees are... INFOGRAPHIC. The leak caused 558,125 injuries. - - - - - We represent each language within black borders and then provide the numbers of native speakers (in millions) by country. The Asian population in the U.S. is a diverse one. Found on all seven continents, birds are a vital gauge of ecosystem health.