When potatoes are done, drain and place into a large mixing bowl. Really, you will not miss anything if all you have for lunch is this potato salad with dill and bacon. Growing up, my Grandma made the BEST potato salad. Get this side dish recipe at PBS Food. Made with just a handful of ingredients, that you may have on hand already, it comes together in about 20 minutes. You can play around with the herbs in this recipe. Basically, there's my mom's recipe, which is perfect, and every other version. But wait to mix the cooked bacon into your salad until right before serving, so that it stays crisp. Delicious warm or cold, you’ll enjoy making this zesty Bacon Potato Salad for picnics, potlucks, parties, and events! Find me on Facebook or Instagram where I post easy dinner recipe and farm life insights. Thanks for sharing, Awesome, let me know what you think! Minced shallot. Welcome, I'm Deanne, wife to a farmer and mom to four kiddos. It's a vinegar potato salad the whole family will love. As soon as they’re warm but not too hot to handle, chop them into bite-size pieces and toss in the vinegar mixture, stirring to combine. And a ton of herbs. We're brimming with real talk about the things that matter most — family, food, home, and adventure — and I hope you'll love digging in. The potatoes in the photo are these guys, which I found at Whole Foods. All you’ll need to make this tasty potato salad are: Ok, you all know I love a shortcut so here’s my tip about prepping the potatoes. Have a great weekend, Sharon . When you do this, the potatoes absorb the liquid and start to combine making a creamy combination. Sometimes you’ve got to mix things up. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. It's a vinegar potato salad the whole family will love. Cut potatoes into 1-inch pieces. That sounds basic, maybe. Maybe some crumbled bacon. Welcome! Read More…, Your email address will not be published. We live in a rural area located in DeKalb County, Illinois. Learn how to make this classic potato, mayo, and mustard salad with the desired texture and taste—no soggy mashed potatoes or overly oily dressing. Bacon Potato Salad Recipe Tips: I use russet potatoes, but red potatoes or Yukon Gold potatoes could be used instead and they don’t have to be peeled. Place in a serving bowl and sprinkle with flaky salt if you like. Tag us on Instagram at @umamgirl and use the hashtag #umamigirl. Home » Recipes » Sides » Easy Potato Salad Recipe with Bacon and Herbs (and No Mayo), May 25, 2018 / Updated Aug 31, 2020 / by Carolyn Gratzer Cope / Leave a Comment. We’ve rounded up ten mayo-free variations of the classic potato salad that are drowning in flavor and not in sauce. A simple Champagne vinaigrette. (Man, it’s good to be 41.). Add dressing and toss to coat. Try savory alternative with this no-mayo potato salad recipe with bacon and leeks for extra flavor. Ingredients Bacon Potato Salad. You’ll just want to opt for full-fat to achieve the richest, creamiest taste (alhough low-fat can be used if you prefer). I love mayo as much as the next gal, but every now and then you’ve got to mix things up. Even though there's no mayonnaise included, you should still keep the salad as cold as possible. Cook's note This Creamy Mayo Free German Potato Salad is an ideal choice for summer BBQ’s and Potlucks. Copyright 2020 - This Farm Girl Cooks. Generously salt … As you can tell, I have serious guilt issues anytime a recipe calls for a jar of mayo. Since it was my first culinary memory I am very particular about how I like my potato salad made. Still, everyone seemed to have room for potato salad. While still warm, cut potatoes into bit size pieces. Serve warm or at room temperature. Bring to room temperature before serving and top with cooked and crumbled bacon. If you’re serving pulled pork, you might as well throw some potato salad on the table as a side dish. Since it's mayo-free, it's a great buffet and picnic option. These gatherings would be delicious with my creamy potato salad recipe but I’m not a big fan of mayo sitting in the heat for hours. It was (and still is) to die for! I absolutely LOVE teaching busy home cooks and people on the go how to make simple, delicious meals your family will actually eat! If you’re looking for the perfect side dish for a crowd, or a simple at home recipe, I’ve got you covered. Potato salad is the first food I can remember eating. Really good, gold-fleshed, bite-sized potatoes cut in half and boiled in salty water until tender. That’s why this simple potato salad recipe is on regular rotation at our house lately. (No Mayo) Bacon Potato Salad By admin Posted on June 25, 2020 There’s no mayo in this flavorful Bacon Potato Salad that’s dressed with an easy garlic and honey-mustard vinaigrette. Place in a medium pot with two tablespoons fine sea salt and cold … It holds up well on a buffet or at a BBQ/picnic since it’s mayo-free. Warm German Potato Salad with Bacon Just classic American taste! This looks yummy!! This easy potato salad recipe with bacon and plenty of fresh herbs is super-flavorful. You had to declare in advance, publicly, to a man with a note pad and pen, what you wanted. This Bacon Red Potato Salad can be made up to 3 days in advance. Mix vinegar, garlic, sugar, salt, pepper, and olive oil in a large bowl. Your email address will not be published. Top with cooked, crumbled bacon and there you go – Mayo-Free Potato Salad! Place potatoes in a large pot filled with water and bring to boil over high heat. Read More... Sign up and receive the latest tips via email. In these party scenarios, a vinegar based potato salad is my pick! Any small waxy potato or Yukon Gold variety will do. Here’s the other essentials for the perfect potato salad… I leave out the eggs because I’ve never really liked a potato salad … These days I tend to make my own potato salad, and it almost always looks a lot like this one. They’re great as-is, but if you’ve got a garden or fridge full of fresh summery herbs, just grab a handful and chop away. This mayo-free potato salad is excellent for tailgates. I’d call it a traditional Midwest potato salad – you know, the kind loaded with mayonnaise, celery, onion, and topped with hard boiled eggs and paprika. At this time, the potatoes and bacon will be cool enough to chop. This potato salad has tons of flavor and yet is quick and easy to toss together. I’m Carolyn Gratzer Cope, and Umami Girl is your guide to a life well-lived. This potato salad is perfect for mayo haters, and it can even be made vegan by using this amazing vegan feta cheese recipe. There is practically no effort on your part and you’ll come out looking like a superhero. This no-mayo potato salad is a favorite for summer barbecues, picnics, and all kinds of outdoor gatherings. Place in a. This potato salad includes potatoes (duh), bacon (which adds a little smoky flavor), carrots, pickled red onions, bell pepper and flat leaf parsley. While potatoes boil, cook bacon until crispy, drain on paper towels and finely chop or crumble. Place in the fridge till serving. This sour cream potato salad with bacon might become your favorite salad this coming summer.Perfect for a barbecue in the garden, for a potluck party or as a light meal in between. I'm Deanne Frieders and I’m a wife, mom of four, and farmer in the making. There's no mayo in this flavorful Bacon Potato Salad that's dressed with an easy garlic and honey-mustard vinaigrette. What else do you need, my friend? Stir in bacon, herbs, and shallot. How to Make Spicy Mayo Even Better (For Sushi and Beyond), Easy Side Dish: The Best Sautéed Mushrooms Recipe, Spinach Tortellini Soup: An Easy Tortellini Soup Recipe, Easy Vegetarian Ramen with Rich, Savory Broth, Best Lobster Roll Recipe: How to Make a Lobster Roll, Cilantro Sauce Recipe for Tacos, Nachos, and More, Pumpkin Whoopie Pies with Cream Cheese Filling, Butternut Squash Bruschetta with Sage and Pomegranate, Boeuf Bourguignon: A Recipe to Welcome Fall, Kabocha Squash Lasagna: Vegetarian Thanksgiving Main, Shredded Chicken Tacos (Quick & Easy for Weeknights), Strawberry Agua Fresca // Strawberry Water, Chicken Poblano Soup with Corn, Black Beans, and Potatoes, Chicken Enchiladas + Black Bean-Zucchini Enchiladas, 2 tablespoons chopped fresh tarragon leaves, Cut potatoes into 1-inch pieces. Chill 4 hours or overnight. Baby red potatoes That’s when this Mayo Free Potato Salad comes into play. If you ever need to prep a side dish and you are channeling a zero in the ambition department, listen up! For the dressing I use mostly mayonnaise, with a dollop of sour cream just to sooth it out. This salad is best served at room temperature, so pull it out of the fridge about an hour before serving (it will give the olive oil time to loosen up). I am going to make this. Please leave a comment on the blog or share a photo on Pinterest. This no mayo potato salad is made with a delicious and easy dressing and is versatile enough to be made AIP, paleo, and whole30. Potato Salad Recipes, No Mayo. The smokey bacon flavor really elevates this potato salad and helps to make it more satiating. Subscribe to our email updates, and follow along on Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook, and YouTube. While the potatoes are cooking, make the dressing: In a small bowl, whisk together the oil, garlic, … Just don’t use a Russet or baking potato – you’re not going to get the same creamy results. Herbed Bacon & Egg No Mayo Potato Salad - Mayo free summery potato salad with fresh herbs dressed in a simple mustard vinaigrette | … Try them out for yourself and let the tubers do the talking. I’d sometimes go with my dad to buy a couple of pounds of it before family parties. Bacon. UG is a lifestyle site for curious, thoughtful people who seek to make every day a little special and have a great time doing it. Let them cool and then chop. When potatoes and bacon have cooled, place into large serving bowl and stir mayo, parsley, salt and pepper through gently. You can prepare this mayo-free potato salad with Yukon gold potatoes but fingerling or new potatoes work just as well. This potato salad is an excellent choice for a picnic or cookout. Note: I may use referral or affiliate links for the products I love. I love a standard potato salad with mayo, bacon, eggs… the works. Ultimate Red Skinned Potato Salad (that’s mayo free!). We'd love to see! Learn more, Easy Potato Salad Recipe with Bacon and Herbs (and No Mayo), « Soft Shell Crab Sandwich + How to Cook Soft Shell Crabs. All Rights Reserved, Easy Banana Bread Muffins | Ready in 30 Minutes, Lemon Grilled Chicken with Greek Yogurt Sauce, 3 green onions, , green parts only, chopped. Cook your bacon pieces until crispy. Learn how your comment data is processed. You can swap in all or some of the mayo called for in a potato salad recipe with Greek yogurt. No Mayo Potato Salad with Herbed Bacon & Eggs. Add green onions. You can boil them, you can pressure cook them or you can even microwave them. Read on, potato lovers. For me, a potato salad ain’t a potato salad if it’s not wrapped in a creamy dressing. Slice the potatoes in half and add them to the medium bowl. This Warm German Potato Salad Recipe with Bacon is a grilled potato salad with bacon, made with 3 different kids of potatoes, and a dijon mustard vinegarette dressing. UG is a lifestyle site for curious, thoughtful people who seek to make every day a little special and have a great time doing it. But the most important thing is perhaps the … Top with cooked, crumbled bacon and there you go – Mayo-Free Potato Salad! Add the diced onions to the pan and cook, stirring, until the onions are translucent. It has creamy, delicious feta cheese and salty, satisfying olives to give it lots of flavor. Required fields are marked *, Welcome! But when you’re having a cookout, mayo isn’t the greatest thing to have hanging around. Place potatoes in a large pot with water covering them. I don’t care. Stir in the apple … Yep, some good old-fashioned Catholic guilt gets me every time. While the potatoes cool, make your mix of vinegar, garlic, sugar, salt, pepper and olive oil in a large bowl. Gobble these up alongside some Thai Coconut Lime Chicken on the grill, or some Honey Dijon Turkey Burgers! Nov 24, 2017 - This no mayo potato salad with bacon is ready in just 30 minutes! It's the best no-mayo … Grill bacon until crispy then chop into small pieces (easier to cut up after it's cooked otherwise small pieces will burn if you're not careful). Bring to a boil and cook for 12-15 minutes, … Don’t be afraid to briskly stir. Cook bacon slices in the microwave for about 4 minutes, until crisp, or fry in a skillet over medium … I’d love to cook with you on social media! Delicious warm or cold, you'll enjoy making this zesty Bacon Potato Salad for picnics, potlucks, parties, and events! These add a nice crunch to the potato salad. Classic American potato salad is the perfect picnic partner, barbecue side dish, or backyard BBQ sidekick. Creamy Potato Salad. A potato salad like this is super-flavorful but also feels kinda breezy and hot-French-ladyish to toss together. 2 pounds baby gold potatoes 2 teaspoons salt, for the boiling water 1 pound bacon … Add some green onion and let it chill for a few hours or overnight. At Gratzer parties we didn’t just throw a bunch of burgers and dogs onto the grill. Potato salad makes me happy. All you’ll need to make this herbed potato salad is: Red potatoes; White wine vinegar; Extra virgin olive oil; Dijon mustard; Kosher salt and pepper; Fresh dill, basil, and parsley; How to Make … No matter how you make your potatoes, here’s the trick to making a creamy potato salad. Feel free to use all mayonnaise instead of a mixture of yogurt and mayo, or all plain yogurt in place of a mixture of yogurt and mayo. A heap of delicious, freshly cooked potatoes, drowned in a bucket-load of mayo. Summertime around here is chocked full of backyard barbecues and is the land of potluck party buffets. Because no one likes to peel a potato, am I right? If you hate mayonnaise, despise the white stuff, can't have it within a five-foot radius of your being, we're willing to bet that potato salad is the bane of your existence. Look for one- or two-bite sized potatoes, or chop larger potatoes into bite-sized pieces. Cook potatoes until tender; drain and cool slightly until you’re able to handle them. This potato salad keeps ingredients to a minimum but there is still a whole lot of flavor. It holds up well on a buffet or at a BBQ/picnic since it’s mayo-free. Prepare for making this no mayo potato salad by preheating your oven to 350 degrees F and lining your baking pan with aluminum foil coated with cooking spray. This no mayo potato salad with bacon is ready in just 30 minutes! Add potatoes and toss, mixing to combine and stirring until the mixture starts to become creamy. Welcome! It tastes even better the next day! This salad is best served at room temperature, so pull it out of the fridge about an hour before serving (it will give the olive oil time to loosen up). In my opinion, there’s room for all potato salads on the picnic table, but this No-Mayo Potato Salad is my absolute fave! The three different kinds of potatoes absorb the parmesan vinaigrette and the bacon provides an added crunch to your potato salad… Next, dice up the bacon and add them to the bowl with the potatoes. I’m Carolyn Gratzer Cope, and Umami Girl is your guide to a life well-lived. Buy a bag (or two) of pre-washed, microwaveable potatoes. I have a secret to give Mayo-Free Potato Salad a creamy consistency without the mayonnaise. And because this potato salad is served warm, there’s no … We had some big eaters in the family back then, so it wasn’t uncommon to hear an unabashed, “Two cheeseburgers and three hot dogs, with buns.” You had to declare your buns, too. Pssst…I have a secret to give it a creamy consistency without the mayonnaise. I’m soooo glad I ate this as a bowlful as a kid because these days, I’m trying to eat a little healthier and if I ate that much mayo I might as well just glue it onto my hips. We'll reshare our favorites. Let the potatoes cool, but not completely. My OG potato salad was a mayonnaisey number from Steck’s Delicatessen in Bridgewater, NJ. In a small bowl, whisk together oil, vinegar, mustard, sugar, fine sea salt and pepper. It's a difficult sight to see for those with an aversion to mayo, and a tough reality to live (a life without potato salad, that is). Always, paprika! Many times, the food sits for a little while as people come and go to the party. #ad #Farberware #FindYourPark Or, since we’re using yukon gold potatoes, there’s no need to peel them. Follow along as I share delicious, family friendly recipes from our everyday life on the farm.