01 Aug 19. Add to the bowl with the garlic and season with pepper and a pinch of salt (remember that the cheese will be very salty). Steps: Step 1: Sauté your onions and garlic. Trickle a little olive oil onto your work surface and knead the dough on it for a good 5 minutes until it becomes smooth and is no longer sticky. Defrost the spinach in its shop bought bag (leave in bag: this is important) for a few hours at room temperature or overnight in the fridge. Fun to prepare and quick and easy to cook. This post may contain affiliate links, and I will earn a commission if you purchase through them. Once done, remove from heat and let it cool. Mix thoroughly. Cook the washed, drained and chopped spinach. Visit our corporate site. It should be soft and slightly sticky. Heat the oil in a wide frying pan over a low heat, add the garlic and cook gently for a minute or until it just starts to colour. Heat the olive oil in a wide frying pan over a low heat, add the garlic and cook gently for a minute or until just starting to colour. Meanwhile, make the filling. Prep time: 20 mins. It should be soft and slightly sticky. Add to the bowl with the garlic and season with pepper and a pinch of salt (remember that the cheese will be very salty). Home » Greek » Greek spinach and feta filo pie. This vegetarian meal is the perfect snack for a party or lunch meal. Mix in spinach and salt. Trim off any excess and press together again. Pinch the edges of the dough together with your fingers to seal. Keep stirring the spinach so it doesn't burn. Once the spinach has cooled, place it into a large mixing bowl. Make sure to drain it well after thawing to get rid of the extra liquid. 10 Best Spinach Quiche with Frozen Spinach Recipes | Yummly Feel free to use frozen spinach instead of fresh. Made with cream cheese, eggs, feta, frozen spinach and store – bought puff … Add in the spinach and cumin into the pan. This should roughly take about 7 - 8 minutes. England and Wales company registration number 2008885. Leave it in a warm place for about an hour until doubled in size and puffy, Meanwhile, make the filling. 1. Cook till the water from the spinach evaporates. This recipe is perfect for meal prep. So place that creamy filling in a buttery phyllo shell and you will be popping them like there's no tomorrow. Fresh or frozen spinach? Keep stirring until the spinach has wilted then add the chicken. 5. Return to the bowl and cover with cling film. Transfer to a large bowl. Simmer until spinach has defrosted and then drain very thoroughly. Add feta and stir through over a low heat until well combined, about one minute. Spinach, feta and pine nut parcels | Picnic recipes | SBS Food Cook until all water will evaporate. I prefer to use fresh spinach as it has a fresher flavour, but be warned that a big bag of fresh leaves will only yield a small amount of cooked spinach. 7. https://www.themediterraneandish.com/spanakopita-recipe-greek- Press down on the sieve to get rid of most of the … 3. You may wish to use onion, if so, chop and sweat that first with 1 tbsp of olive oil for a few minutes and then add the spinach. You may not need to add all the water or you may need a bit more (depending on the absorbency of the flour), Trickle a little olive oil onto your work surface and knead the dough on it for a good 5 minutes until it becomes smooth and is no longer sticky. Press and squeeze out as much liquid from the cooked spinach as possible. Leave to cool, then add the cheese, pine nuts and mint. Serves 8 snack-sized parcels. Put the frozen spinach cubes in a large pot, cover with water and bring to the boil. All rights reserved. 6. © Future Publishing Limited Quay House, The Ambury, Bath BA1 1UA. Spinach has to be well drained so it doesn't need cooking … Dampen the pastry margin with water. Slowly cook and stir onion until tender, about 5 minutes. Fresh spinach is great, but it is rarely available where I live, so I can’t plan in advance when I want to cook a spinach … Woman & Home is part of Future plc, an international media group and leading digital publisher. Cook, stirring often, until the spinach is soft and all the liquid released has evaporated. tried one, you’ll be back for more! Put the spinach parcels on the prepared baking tray and bake for 12-15 minutes until golden. These triangular pasties are based on a Lebanese speciality called fataya and use soft bread dough, rather than pastry, to enclose the filling. There is no additional cost to you. Using a plate as a guide, cut out 4 circles, 18cm in diameter. (Don’t overcook.) Add the olive oil and pour in 125ml of the water. Spinach and Feta Parcels. Bring the dough up over each side of the triangle of filling, forming a pyramid shape. Dampen the pastry margin with water. Leave to cool, then add the cheese, pine nuts and mint. Spinach & 'Feta' Filo Triangles | VRC | veganrecipeclub.org.uk Freezer Friendly Food – Spinach, Feta and Filo Parcels. Learn how to make soft buttery brioche buns at home, Get six of the brand's best sellers inside this special beauty box, including a full-size Pomegranate Noir candle, By Lucy Abbersteen • Add the feta cheese to this spinach mixture and mix thoroughly. Pinch the edges of the dough together with your fingers to seal. Preheat the oven to 180C (350F) and place a tray on the middle shelf. Cut long strips of the filo pastry - about 2 inches wide. You can use a rectangular, a square or a round baking dish for this recipe. Taken from Paul Hollywood's Pies & Puds (Bloomsbury, £20), To make the dough, put the flour into a large bowl and add the salt to one side and the yeast to the other. Bake it in a tin foil dish and freeze for up to 3 months. When you are ready to assemble the parcels, heat your oven to 220°C/gas 7 and line a baking tray with baking parchment. 4. Cook, stirring often, until the spinach is soft and all the liquid released has evaporated. Separate filo sheets but lay two sheets on top of each other and brush … Heat the oil in a wide frying pan over a low heat, add the garlic and cook gently for a minute or until it just starts to colour. Ingredients. You may not need to add all the water or you may need a bit more (depending on the absorbency of the flour). Transfer to a large bowl. Greek spinach and feta filo pie. Eat hot, warm or cold. I have used them as a snack, made them in to a main meal with rosemary potatoes and salad and included them in a platter. 2. Add pine nuts, spinach, nutmeg and black pepper to saucepan and stir until spinach has wilted. Using a plate as a guide, cut out 4 circles, 18cm in diameter, Divide the filling between the circles, forming it into a triangular shape in the centre. Add the frozen spinach to the pan and increase the heat to high. Once the frozen spinach has fully defrosted, tip the cooked spinach leaves into a large colander over the kitchen sink. Once you’ve Transfer to a large bowl. Step 2: Add spinach (I like to use frozen spinach … This spinach and feta quiche is so easy and quick to make and tastes like you’ve spend much more time on it. Cook, stirring often, until the spinach is soft and all the liquid released has evaporated. Trim off any excess and press together again, Put the spinach parcels on the prepared baking tray and bake for 12–15 minutes until golden. Brush one pastry sheet with olive … Recipe by: Richmonds Foods. Either way the spinach will need to be drained and squeezed dry of excess moisture before using in the quiche. Place the spinach onto a large plate and set aside to cool completely. To make the dough, put the flour into a large bowl and add the salt to one side and the yeast to the other. Please read my disclosure for more info. Pour in the oil and 125ml of the water. My children love them with salad and chips and I don’t blame them one bit! Add the ricotta, feta (broken into large pieces), baby spinach leaves, 1 egg, nutmeg, onion flakes and salt and pepper to your Thermomix bowl and mix for 15 seconds on speed 4 or until all of the ingredients … 10 Best Spinach and Feta Cheese Puff Pastry Recipes | Yummly Heat a large frypan over medium heat, add olive oil and sauté sliced onion for 5 minutes until softened. Mix thoroughly, When you are ready to assemble the parcels, heat your oven to 220°C/gas 7 and line a baking sheet with baking parchment, Tip the risen dough on to a lightly floured surface and gently deflate it, then roll it out to a 5mm thickness. Method. I prefer frozen spinach for this recipe - it's very easy to use and actually produces a less watery mixture. Bring the dough up over each side of the triangle of filling, forming a pyramid shape. Heat the olive oil in a wide frying pan over a low heat, add the garlic and cook gently for a minute or until just starting to colour. Now add the frozen spinach to the pan and turn the heat up high. I actually use frozen spinach much more often than I use fresh spinach. Now add the frozen spinach to the pan and turn the heat up high. Cooking time: 15 mins. Gemma. Add the frozen spinach to the pan and increase the heat to high. Eat hot, warm or cold, Use frozen spinach for this recipe - it's less watery. Spinach with feta to me, is a match made in heaven. You can also experiment using … Ensure all liquid has evaporated from spinach, and then stir in premixed feta, cottage cheese … Turn off the heat and crumble in the feta and then crack in the eggs. Leave it in a warm place for about an hour until doubled in size and puffy. Divide the filling between the circles, forming it into a pyramid shape in the centre. Keto Creamed Spinach with Parmesan and Feta - TryKetoWith.Me Transfer to a large bowl. Start to mix with the fingers of one hand, adding a little more water as you go, gradually incorporating all teh flour from one side of the bowl until you have a rough dough. 2020-12-04T18:03:39Z, Azulene oil will soothe dry, irritated skin so look for it on the ingredients list of your facial oil this winter, Some sources claim the Royal Family may make brief socially-distanced visits. Taken from Paul Hollywood’s Pies & Puds, published by Bloomsbury, Terms & Conditions | Privacy Policy | Cookies. Freezes well; Spinach and feta - wrapped in wilted cabbage leaves - use … In truth, though I’ve chosen spanakopita because spinach is more widely available than the many other wild and cultivated greens used in similar pies in Greece, you can use whatever quick-cooking leaves you have available: Christina Mouratoglou and Adrien Carré of London restaurant Mazi give a recipe in their book of the same name for hortopita, which uses nettles and cavolo nero as well as spinach, while the Serious Eat… Transfer the risen dough to a lightly floured surface and deflate it gently, then roll it out to a 5mm thickeness. Return to the bowl and cover with cling film. To reheat, warm in the oven for 25-30 minutes. 2 tbsp olive oil, plus extra for kneading, 125g Yorkshire Fettle cheese, or feta, crumbled. Start to mix with the fingers of one hand, adding a little more water as you go, gradually incorporating all the flour from the side of the bowl until you have a rough dough. allrecipes.co.uk/recipe/11659/spanakopitakia--mini-spanakopita-.aspx Heat the oil in a frying pan and, on a medium-low heat, gently cook the red onion, garlic and spring onions until soft and … Please deactivate your ad blocker in order to see our subscription offer, (Image credit: Paul Hollywood, Pies & Puds), Homemade brioche buns with lemon mayo prawns, Jo Malone launches limited edition box with Lookfantastic - here's how to get yours, Azulene oil for skin - if you use a face oil make sure it contains this ingredient, The Queen and Prince Philip may get to see family members after all this Christmas, 500g frozen, whole-leaf (not chopped) spinach. Stir in crushed garlic then add baby spinach. Getting back to freezer friendly food – I have frozen these three times and I can confirm they are great baked from frozen! Spinach and feta parcels - this recipe using rice papers when carbs aren't so critical and you need a sturdy lunch for little hands to take to school; Spinach and feta pie - crustless - make the same mixture as this recipe, but bake in a lined baking dish without the crust. Cook, stirring often, until the spinach is soft … You can use fresh spinach or frozen spinach in this recipe.