I have an oven but I’m too lazy to stir the popcorn every 10 minutes Wishing you the best of luck making it! To make popcorn on the stove top, use a large pan, preferably with a heavy bottom, so your popcorn doesn’t burn. It has been in our family for well over 70 years. There’s enough salt in here to give you this savory hint you like so much about salted popcorn. Don’t understand why, it was horrible. Warning for those making it for the first time! Is there a specific quantity that I should use or as much as my heart desires? Hi Zoya! I’m honored that you like the photography. I know you mentioned this in another post, but what kind of camera and lenses do you use? Divided to 2 large lined pans, used the same pot to make the caramel … Thanks for stopping by and trying out this recipe! Directions. Once all the kernels have been removed, put all the popcorn in a large bowl to get it ready for the caramel. Spread onto a baking sheet, separating them as much as possible. I will explain in a second what this is for. If you have a stove-top popcorn maker, whip it out and make some now. Way to go Don’t you just love that awesome feeling when something we usually buy turns out even better when we make it at home? Thank you for this yummy treat…. The un-popped kernels will fall through the cracks and the popcorn will stay on top. One of my favorite childhood snacks is a vibrant red and white striped box of Cracker Jacks. I’ve made this recipe 3 times now and each time I have the same unfortunate result. What I LOVE so much about this recipe though, is that it’s NO-BAKE! Well thank you so much! As soon as the caramel hits the popcorn, it hardens instantly and becomes grainy/ powdery texture. Thanks for sharing this recipe. It's salty and delicious, but tonight I was in the mood for something a bit sweeter. Cook on medium heat for approximately 8 – 12 minutes. Enjoy. The 24-70mm is great for capturing the entire environment and props you’ve set around your food. LOVE salted caramel popcorn and I definitely can see myself chowing down on this.. yum! However, it was hard to get the parchment paper off it. . We are a mother/daughter team having fun creating and blogging about our favorite recipes, craft projects, decorating adventures, parenting and education, and much, much more! She has handed down … The cooking time will vary depending on if you are using a gas stove or electric range. I did that once and couldn’t stop eating. Popcorn Ingredients: 3 Tbsp peanut oil 1/3 cup of high quality popcorn kernels Popcorn Directions: Heat oil over stovetop in a 3-quart thick bottomed saucepan on medium high heat. I think start to finish, including popping the popcorn, this only took about 20 minutes to make. Upload attachment  (Allowed file types: jpg, gif, png, maximum file size: 64MB. Due to the sensitive nature of baking, kitchen scales are proven to yield more accurate and consistent results than measuring cups. Gorgeous photography, I can’t stop looking at these pics. What a cute name for caramel popcorn?! Great to hear that! The Easiest Baked Caramel Corn Recipe I never knew how easy it was to make homemade caramel corn. Honeycomb popcorn? Sorry for the confusion. But once you learn to pop your own corn on the stove, you'll never want the fake-tasting kind again. Sep 19, 2019 - My grandchildren love it whenever I make this delicious and easy-to-make stove-top caramel popcorn for them. Traditional methods of making caramel popcorn involve baking caramel sauce-coated popcorn in a low heat oven from about an hour or so, stirring every 10 to 15 minutes. Kill me living abroad. In a thin and shallow 3 1/2-quart pot, heat the oil over high heat. (*Do not add the vanilla until after the sauce is finished. Use less mixture for more coverage and more popcorn for less coverage. I love that it is easy enough to to adjust the amount of popped popcorn. Make sure that there are no sugar granules sticking on the sides of the pan, as those can cause sugar crystals later on. The aroma of freshly popped popcorn, along with the cooking caramel sauce on the stove, is one of my favorite childhood memories. 2 quarts popped popcorn View the full recipe at blessedbeyondcrazy.com Give your recipes a home with MasterCook! But, don’t take my word for it, go make some and see for yourself. Thanks for the tip . I have a 4 year old son and this is all we ever snack on. This recipe would made great popcorn balls as well. Return the pan over the heat. Join my journey as I share all my chocolate covered, caramel drizzled, ooey gooey findings. The overall cooking skill level is considered easy. Linda. I introduce to you my easy recipe for No-Bake Salted Caramel Kettle Corn. Popcorn is coated with brown sugar and corn syrup caramel then baked for a crunchy treat. These best popcorn kernels provide must-have, All-in-One popcorn packages are used at film theaters, stadiums, celebration centers, restaurants, bars and any additional establishment providing popped popcorn out of a popcorn gear. That’s why I created this easy recipe and, let me tell ya, things are about to get real delicious reeeeaal fast up in hurrrrr! When kernels pop, add the remaining 1/3 cup of popcorn … Step-by-step photo tutorial on how to make this addictive snack! Once you have the popcorn ready it’s time to make the caramel sauce. In a large heavy bottomed saucepan, stir together the granulated sugar, brown sugar, 1/4 teaspoon of salt, corn syrup, water, and butter. (You should definitely watch the video of her making it here…it’s super!). Crunchy caramel popcorn that is great for movie nights, desserts, snacks, sweet treats or party food. Is there any way to remedy for this? This was so amazing. Any idea why this could be happening? Corn syrup’s purpose is to reduce the chance for crystallization, so it really is a key ingredient. Ramona I’m honored that you’re inspired by my photography as much as I’m inspired by your recipes. If you use a candy thermometer – the sauce is ready when it reaches 300 degrees F. If you do not have a candy thermometer you can check using the following method: Take a glass filled with about 1/2 cup cool water in it. Have a great day! It will only take a matter of 3 – 4 minutes for the sauce to go from the light caramel color to a medium caramel color. To make the caramel, you’re gonna heat together some light brown sugar, granulated sugar, a little more salt, light corn syrup, water and butter until it starts to boil. It might seem like an overly old-timey way to make popcorn, but the results are worth it.