1 pkg. Spread into a greased 9-in. Select All. Remove cornbread from oven and spread meat over cornbread. Recipes; POPULAR; HOLIDAY CENTRAL; Search; Saves; Sign In; Profile Add a Recipe User Settings Log Out. Also, it should say to use tortilla chips, not corn chips. Bake for 15 minutes longer or until heated through and cheese is melted. Sprinkle with tomato, lettuce, and remaining 1/4 cup of cheese. Flavor was so good that I'll be making this again. Join us and discover thousands of recipes from international cuisines. The recipe should say diced tomatoes, UNDRAINED, not drained. Combine cornbread mix with milk and egg. Will not be making it again unless changed substantially. Way to much corn bread and way to dry . , I omitted the rice and substituted black beans and split this recipe in half except for the taco seasonings. SERVES: 6. Hi good afternoon I saw this recipe and wanted to try it I just made it smells great tastes great and decorate very pretty as for the bake time since all the ingredients were pre cooked except for the corn bread following the directions on the box and everything will come out perfect thanks for sharing this recipe I will be making this again in the near future thumbs up for me. —Lisa Paul, Terre Haute, Indiana, Taco Cornbread Casserole Recipe photo by Taste of Home. Seasoned taco meat, corn, and then topped with cornbread mix. Keyingredient.com is a free cooking website. 1 egg. https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/taco-cornbread-casserole Combine sour cream, 3/4 cup cheese, and onion. Bake at 350° for 15 minutes. This is a keeper recipe, my hubby and daughters family were delighted with dinner as a surprise. Recipe tips for Cheesy Cornbread Taco Pie. I found the dish very dry and wondering if the tomatoes, chilies and olives weren't drained. Preheat oven at 400 degrees. Tastes great and is a good base recipe to experiment with. For less heat, you can use just enough of the can for your taste. Mix corn muffin mix as directed on package. Ingredients: 2 (7-oz) packages Martha White Sweet Yellow Cornbread … 6 People talking Join In Now Join the conversation! Preheat oven to 375. A fun dinner recipe the whole family will go nuts for! Yes, it is the best of both world’s, it is a Taco filled Pie!! Cast-iron skillets take a little bit of time to warm up. 6 servings. Add tomatoes, water, rice and green chiles; heat through, stirring occasionally. With a cheesy cornbread topping and a spicy, well-seasoned base, this casserole will quickly become a family favorite. I use the focaccia recipe for gluten-free “cornbread” base and bake the taco meat on top.. To get a true cornbread … Depending on the size of your tacos, recipe should yield 4 to 8 taco shells. We both loved the cornbread topping. Top with remaining batter, remaining meat mixture, olives and remaining corn chips. Preparation time 15mins Stir in half the onions. In a bowl, combine the buttermilk and butter, then stir in the eggs. Add the taco seasoning to the meat, and stir to combine. Taco Cornbread Bake Recipe – taco meat, black beans and rotel topped with boxed cornbread and cheddar – quick Mexican recipe! (1 oz.) If you're gonna cook this I'd use the temp provided by your cornbread package because following the 400 degrees listed in this recipe equals a burnt top and bottom and undercooked middle. Layer the meat mixture on top of the cornbread in the baking dish. 1 (8 1/2 ounce) … 1 pkg. We didn't see any benefit by baking the corn chips, I;m thinking just to serve on top when the casserole is done. Low Carb Mexican Cornbread Casserole Taco Pie – YUM! A whole can of chiles adds fire to this cornbread casserole. This Cornbread Taco Bake is an easy weeknight dinner that is full of flavor. Powered by Brandeploy ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright 2014 | By accessing this site, you agree to our Terms and conditions. Otherwise, your pot may be too full to get to the oven without spilling. I can’t believe I’ve never made this. baking dish. Stir in the corn, tomato sauce, water, green pepper and taco seasoning; mix well. Serve this recipe as is with salsa and sour cream to garnish or a pitcher of margaritas to make this dish a real party. Layer with half of the meat mixture, all the sour cream, half of the corn chips and 1 cup cheese. I packed in as many veggies as possible in this dish – so if you’re in the habit of adding extra vegetables (which is a wonderful aspiration) just don’t do it here. If you love taco recipes, you’ll love our taco pizza, salsa verde tacos, vegetarian taco salad and frito taco salad. Pour half of the batter into a greased 13x9-in. Add chicken; cook and stir 5 min. Bake at 400°F for 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned. In a large bowl, combine the cornbread mix, egg and milk until blended. or until done. Preheat a waffle iron. Bake uncovered at 400 degrees for 20 minutes. UNITS: US. Recipe by anme7039. Add salsa, corn, taco seasoning, and water to skillet with ground beef. This Snowman Cheese Board Is the Best Idea for a Holiday Party Appetizer, Do Not Sell My Personal Information – CA Residents, 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, drained, 2 packages (8-1/2 ounces each) cornbread/muffin mix, 1 can (8-3/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained, 2 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend or cheddar cheese, divided, 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained, Optional: Shredded lettuce, chopped tomatoes and chopped red onion.