I really love pea soup. Summer Salad Toppers: Add a lil extra to your salad! If you have any left over, the soup will keep fresh in the fridge for a couple of days and is just as tasty when gently re-heated. This Vegan Pea Soup with a generous handful of optional mint for good measure, is healthy, low calorie, packed with protein and super simple to make. Animals in Art: Quirky & Creative or Exploitative & Cruel? Add the soup to a blender, throw in the mint (don't forget it like I did in my video ????) Directions: 1 Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Melt the butter in a large Dutch oven or heavy pot over low heat. Pea & mint soup 79 ratings EXCERPTS AND LINKS MAY BE USED, PROVIDED THAT FULL AND CLEAR CREDIT IS GIVEN TO A VIRTUAL VEGAN WITH APPROPRIATE AND SPECIFIC DIRECTION TO THE ORIGINAL CONTENT. Required fields are marked *. Throughout fall and winter I tend to make a big pot of soup once a week. It’s been a tough old year in more ways than one, so I’m sure we could all do with a bit of comfort food! Add in the vegetable stock and coconut cream and bring to the boil. Alison is a small business owner, freelance writer, author and dressage judge. Sign up for my emailsMy CookbookRecipe IndexShop. It also freezes perfectly. There’s something particularly comforting and warming about a bowl of delicious homemade soup. Add the potatoes and … This vegetable pairs well with mint, watercress, courgettes, pesto and prosciutto. 1 vegetable stock cube. Blitz up a vibrant blend of green pea soup for a light summer starter or lunch. It's also available to pre-order! Feel free to omit them if you don't have any. Add the chopped onion and sauté for about 10 minutes until golden brown, then add the garlic and cook for a further minute. Pour in the still frozen peas and the vegetable broth and bring to a simmer. Don't subscribe You're awesome for doing it! Then pour in your stock, pea milk, petit pois, fresh mint and … Ingredients [2 servings] 400 g frozen peas. Thanks for the recipe, Alison! Thank you for sharing )). Allow to cook until the … It’s also suitable for freezing. Serve in warmed bowls garnished with a little crème fraîche, if you like, and a sprig of mint. We have it for dinner then eat the leftovers throughout the week for lunches or a quick warm up dinner on another night. Add more broth or non-dairy milk to thin to the consistency you like your soup, then add salt and pepper to taste. You could make it even creamier by using canned light coconut milk instead. Add the onion and saute' for about 5 minutes until … Transfer the pan contents to a soup pot. Because fall is here and that means it's soup season. 2 Add zucchini, potatoes, stock and salt and simmer, covered, for 15-20 minutes or until potato is very soft. Your email address will not be published. So simple, so quick. The sauteed onions and garlic add depth of flavour, and a splash of non-dairy milk adds creaminess. Cook until the peas are firm but … Rate it & leave your feedback in the comments section below, or tag. Patent Pending. This one is just as easy and almost as quick. © 2020 The Flaming Vegan, LLC. It’s one of the first dishes I remember (I’m not that old, I’m just making a point, bear with me) and been has been cited throughout history on countless occasions.. It adds such a lovely fresh flavour and in combination with the sweet, sweet peas it so yum. Just allow the peas … A bowl of brilliant green goodness to warm your soul! My goal is to give you the confidence to cook and bake great vegan food from scratch. Notify me of followup comments via e-mail. Get my Top 10 reader's favourite recipes e-Cookbook FREE! https://veganlyapp.com/2020/04/22/fresh-pea-soup-with-herbs ; 3 Add peas, lemon Drizzle a little oil in a large saucepan on medium-high heat. Split Pea and Green Vegan Pea Soup with Fresh Mint & Chives Allow to cook until the peas have defrosted. I love cozying up with a big bowl of soup, and I love it even more when it's quick and easy to make like this one. And because the mint gets aded right at the end, it's taste stays really fresh and vibrant. That one is ready in 10 minutes flat and has become one of the most popular recipes on my website. Pour back into the pan, add more broth or non-dairy milk to thin a little, and season to taste. Begin by heating the vegetable oil in a large, thick-bottomed saucepan. A,llow it to warm through until piping hot then serve immediately. Add the peas and the fresh mint and cook for a further five minutes, stirring frequently. Add onion and garlic and sauté for 3-4 minutes or until soft. Can a Vegan Diet Reduce the Risk of Childhood Obesity? Fresh basil makes a nice alternative to mint! salt and pepper. Nutritional information is provided for convenience & as a courtesy. I still have more work to do, like sift through and edit about a million photographs, but I don't feel under so much pressure now that the recipes are created and the actual words are all written. I love to serve this soup with a generous sprinkle of freshly ground black pepper and a side of crusty bread. Gently simmer for 20 minutes until the potatoes are tender and falling apart. FOR INGREDIENTS & FULL INSTRUCTIONS PLEASE SEE THE RECIPE CARD AT THE END OF THIS POST. I'm b-a-c-k!!! Being on the list means you will be first to see my new recipes and you’ll be kept in the loop on all things new and exciting too! It would be great for dinner on Halloween. How to Make Green Pea Soup… Now that the pressure is off though, I can semi get back to normal while I work through the remainder of it, so let's talk soup! Add in the peas, water, and bouillon, cover and … 2-3 cloves of garlic. . Pea and mint soup has been around for a very long time. 800g baking potatoes, peeled and diced into small pieces, handful fresh mint, roughly chopped or ripped. 10 Vegan Smartphone Apps You've Just Got to Have! With only 6 ingredients (plus salt & pepper) you probably already have everything you need to make it too! These soup recipes provide the perfect warmth that we’re all seeking but aren’t shockingly unhealthy or calorific. Replies to my comments Stir the reserved vegetables into the soup, season to taste. https://www.theblendergirl.com/recipe/10-minute-vegan-pea-mint-soup