Rather than it being a special-occasion treat, I think cakes are situational. You dumped the mix into a 8×8 pan. There is definitely something comforting about it. At least in my house, chocolate chips make a rainy day better. Thanks ! Lemon Cake Recipe Ina Garten Food Work. Basic yellow cake 8x8 pan recipe. Help !!!!!! The cake will keep wrapped in plastic wrap for three days on the counter—and some claim it gets better with age. Dust it with powdered sugar, dress it up for dessert with ice cream, switch up the fruit in season, and prepare to bake on repeat.. Thanks again!Â. Looks wonderful Jen I’ll have to make this probably modify it poking holes in it with a wooden chopstick then pouring over the top with some melted dark chocolate. This recipe was originally developed for Go Bold with Butter, where I am a paid contributor. But in the fall, right after school begins, and just as everyone is adjusting to new classes and teachers and schedules, they both look forward to apple snacking cake. Same oven temperature. Hi. The butter is more moist and feels buttery (? But for ease, I suggest using my pumpkin bundt cake recipe. Hi, Sara. Required fields are marked *. Stir in flour, oats, and cinnamon until well combined. The batter is a little thicker than a standard cake. Thanks!!!! Hey! Often the easiest desserts—simple, no-fuss recipes—are the biggest crowd-pleasers. Also, this dessert cake is perfect for holidays and special occasions such as birthdays, retirements, and promotion parties. “Simple and unfussy” is like a siren call to us lazy, er – time challenged – bakers.This one bowl apple cake … Hi, Can I double this cake and use a round pan? If it’s too thick or the finished cake is too dry, it’s most likely due to too much flour. Lucky for me, my kids are pretty into snacking cakes too. Its one-bowl, which means assembly is lightning-fast and clean up is a breeze. Whether you're craving layer upon layer of moist cake, cupcakes with mile-high frosting, or creamy cheesecake, you'll find your fix here. Bundt Cake: You can bake this batter in a 10-12 cup bundt pan, but I find it’s not quite as moist when baked in the bundt shape. For 1 dozen cupcakes, use my pumpkin cupcakes recipe. Cake Recipes. Cake goes hand in hand with celebrations. Love the brown sugar and the addition of the cinnamon. You can feel comfortable serving this as anything from an after-school snack to a post-dinner dessert to a late-night snack. That brown sugar flavor really comes through, and that melted dark chocolate topping couldn’t be easier or tastier. And if said cake is a snacking cake, well then, all the better. It will set as it cools, but it shouldn’t be hard. Sift the flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda onto a sheet of parchment, and using a rubber spatula, fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients in three additions, until just incorporated. Small batch 6 inch cakes are perfect for celebrating date nights at home, anniversaries and even can serve as small wedding cakes! It baked in 20 mins. Hope your packing/move prep is going well! I love your butterscotch and cinnamon twist on this cake. With so many varieties of cake—pound cake, angel food cake, sheet cake, bundt cake, just to name a few—and so many different recipes, you could easily make a new cake every day of the year and still not exhaust the possibilities. https://divascancook.com/easy-rainbow-cake-recipe-from-scratch Just wondering, can I replace butter with oil? Using an electric mixer on medium speed, beat the butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. If you choose to make a layer cake, double the recipe for the batter and bake two (9-inch) round pans. Dessert doesn’t have to be complicated to be good. Hi, Claudia.  My oven is generally accurate. Your email address will not be published. I made it without nuts & frosting (as I remember it back then) and can’t wait to dig in. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean I love this homemade yellow cake recipe because the base is a cinch to make, and the cake … This Red Velvet Cake is completely made from scratch...yes the cake and icing to. The frosting recipe will be ample for topping a sheet pan cake of this size. This little cake is a great example of baking simplicity. I haven’t, but you should be able to double the recipe for a 9″x 13″ pan. Gradually add the flour mixture, mixing just until combined. *Use any kind of chocolate chips you'd like. It is a moist, oil-based, one-bowl cake, studded with cinnamon-sugar coated chunks of apples. Cut each 9-inch layer in half horizontally to make a four-layer cake. Easy to make . Can’t stop eating it, so it must be fine!! It reminds me of childhood somehow, but I can’t quite put my finger on a particular thing I remember eating. Whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon. You may unsubscribe at any time. Transfer the cake to the oven and bake for 35 to 40 minutes, rotating the pan after 20 minutes (the cake is done when a tester inserted into the center comes out with a few moist crumbs). Hi, I doubled it n baked it in 2 9 inch rounds. I can begin assembling the cake within an hour of when they are expected home, and serve warm cake to them as soon as they enter the front door. Maybe it’s just reminiscent of the 80’s. Layer Cake: I use this recipe to make my banana layer cake. However, I’ve had trouble with a particular brand of chocolate chips not melting, so perhaps a different brand will work better for you. I also baked the batter in mini loaf pans… but the result was still yum, yum, yum! Hey, I’m on vacation, so why not? I’ll be back for an update. Stir in 1/2 cup chocolate chips and the pecans. Bundt Cake: This batter will fit into a 9.5 or 10 inch bundt pan. Welcome to BAKE or BREAK, or BoB as we affectionately call it. Slice into one of these cakes and you'll be asking for thirds. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. That looks delicious, I’ve been looking for a recipe with these, I must try it! This cake has a soft and tender crumb and is studded with chunks of fresh apples, generously coated with cinnamon. This vanilla cake recipe has an amazing flavor, a soft, cloud-like crumb and is so incredibly moist. Dust it with powdered sugar, dress it up for dessert with ice cream, switch up the fruit in season, and prepare to bake on repeat.. This is hands-down the best lemon cake recipe I’ve ever tasted, anywhere, and quite possibly the best cake I’ve ever baked. I swear we used to have this when I was growing up in the 70s, though I think from a mix. Alternately, you could double it and bake it in a 9″x 13″ pan. Use a toothpick to determine doneness. this cake looks perfect! It’s not a straight substitution. A scrumptious post! Stir in the sour cream. I loved it, but will try again without cinnamon. Can I substitute plain yogurt for the sour cream? This was so straightforward and delicious. Fancy cakes swirled with frosting, piped with roses and ombre hued are always a treat for the eyes and belly, but if you’re time is limited, or you just don’t have the energy, an easy snack cake recipe is where it’s at. I just baked it with butter anyway. Hi, Lay! This is definitely next on my list! ... Best lemon cake from scratch mom loves baking celebration lemon cake lovefoos easy lemon cake recipe a table full of joy easy gluten lemon cake recipe what the fork lemon pound cake once upon a … Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly oil and flour three 9 by 1 1/2-inch round Nice and dense and snacky. Prior to baking, the top of the cake is sprinkled with turbinado sugar, providing the prettiest sparkle and a delightful crunch. Hi, Brenda. Will most certainly put this recipe in my rotation . Oct 20, 2019 - Explore Lucy Vanvolkinburg's board "8X8 Cake Recipe" on Pinterest. One more reason to be excited about fall! I just love everything you make! Gotta love a quick cake like this one 🙂, i love snack cake. There’s a little bit left over, which will be my breakfast tomorrow. Bake or Break is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. So moist, I used cream cheese frosting. If you want to simplify even further, the cake is good enough on its own to make the frosting optional. You can add a few more chocolate chips if you’d like! This sounds like a great recipe. I’m glad you enjoyed the cake! Related Reading: The Best Apples for Baking & Which Ones to Avoid. Bravo to you for mixing by hand! I imagine he would be very happy with a huge slice of the Chocolate Chip Snack Cake. The recipes you'll find as you browse through the recipe index tend toward low-effort, high-reward although you'll find some special "worth the effort" treats, too. I’ll keep you posted. Substituting oil for butter in cakes will work, at least sometimes. It’s like an Easy Bake Oven Cake for grown-ups!! 🙂, I grew up in the 70’s(yikes) and we had this from a mix back then. Wedding cakes.Graduation cakes. Thanks for sharing! I am defiantly going to make this soon! Find easy to make recipes and browse photos, reviews, tips and more. See More. Mix in the vanilla. Who’s with me? I’m glad you liked it, Carolyn! The oil version is a slightly drier but feels healthier. Instructions FOR THE CAKE: Whisk together the egg whites and 1/4 cup of the milk in a small bowl until slightly combined. Oven temperatures are often not accurate, so that might be why yours needed more oven time. https://www.countryliving.com/food-drinks/g745/homemade-cake-recipes-0309 In fact, I am making it right now. It would probably freeze best without it. I’m a big believer in simple recipes. I guarantee they will be pleased, and I’m pretty sure you will be, too. Thanks! If I were to guess, I’d say that the majority of you are believers, too. Just serve it right out of the baking pan. I don’t like eating foods with 50 ingredients when I can make it myself with less than 10, but I just couldn’t find a yellow cake recipe with the texture, flavor and moisture that you get from a box or store bought. I can’t believe that never occured to me until I saw this recipe. Sign up for our newsletter to receive the latest tips, tricks, recipes and more, sent twice a week. I’m glad you liked the cake, Sara! Birthday cakes. Like all good snacking cakes, it takes almost no time to put together and is as delicious naked as it is with a dollop of lightly whipped cream (or, if being served after dinner, or during “Dead to Me,” a scoop of vanilla ice cream). Add remaining ingredients and mix well. Bundt Cake: This batter will fit into a 9.5 or 10 inch bundt pan. I had ingredients right. Grandma's poppy seed cake recipes - how to make double-crust poppy seed cake. Jessie Sheehan is a cookbook author, food writer, recipe developer, and baker. Peel, core, and cut the apples into 1/2-inch chunks. Sprinkle the cake with the turbinado sugar. If you put the chocolate on the cake right out of the oven, they should melt easily. By signing up, you agree to our Terms of Use and acknowledge the data practices in our Privacy Policy. The cake is not super sweet, but nor is it sugar-free by any stretch. Sprinkle 3/4 cup chocolate chips on top of the warm cake. Same oven temperature. Place them in the now-empty bowl, wiping it with a paper towel first, if you so desire. Baker, recipe developer, and cookbook author Jessie Sheehan shares her recipe for an easy one-bowl apple snack cake that’s perfect for after-school snacking, or really any other time. Naomi, it should work fine.
2020 best snack cake recipe from scratch