Thanks! Jun 28, 2018 #7 I love the pickups in my MIM Wolfgang Special. Thread starter LAVALLE; Start date Mar 16, 2011; L. LAVALLE. A rock machine that's built for serious fretwork. Now here is an added bonus! I traded in my 2014. at my local Sam Ash to get this, and I'm very happy that I did! After playing countless guitars over 10+ years and never finding "The One", I finally went to the Rock Walk in Hollywood and stuck my hands in every famous guitarist's handprints to see which one was closest to mine. Gold Supporting Member. Great overall guitar. Reverb Bump. The overall lows, the mids, and the highs were very well articulated and raunchy. Everything you love about Sweetwater in the palm of your hand. After having it professionally set up, it plays very nice. I can see now why they sell out of stock so quickly. The Wolfgang Special uses a basswood body, maple neck, and Direct Mount Wolfgang Features the same specs as the EVH Wolfgang Special but with a flame maple top. I was a little nervous about getting a made in Mexico but this is a prescision made instrument. A rock machine that's built for serious fretwork At Sweetwater, we've been consistently impressed by EVH guitars, and the Wolfgang Special is no exception. Love this guitar. I find that I can’t get articulate highs/mid-highs in the bridge, similar to early EVH, RATT, etc. For the shredder on a budget, this is one guitar you won't want to pass up. The SAME pickups, the SAME Floyd Rose equipped with D-Tuna, the SAME neck, the SAME stainless steel frets, the SAME tuners, the SAME wood on the body. I traded in my 2014 Kramer 84 Baretta at my local Sam Ash to get this, and I'm very happy that I did! About This Listing. Found one on ebay.My luthier confirmed with me that the bridge and neck pick up sound almost identical.What's the point of that? Jun 28, 2018 #7 I love the pickups in my MIM Wolfgang Special. The bridge wasn't setup properly (ie not level with the body). and the equivalent from DiMarzio--plenty of bite, plenty of bark, without sacrificing clarity. After a few years of trials they came out with the Peavey EVH Wolfgang which looked a lot like this. Eddie Van Halen doesn't just have a signature guitar - as befits one of the world's most influential guitarists, he has an entire brand all to himself called, of course, EVH! Store Hours, If you have any questions, please call us at (800) 222-4700. The volume and tone control had very quick responses. I gotta tell you, it definitely does NOT disappoint. Mint. Sort By Date Sort By Rating Write Your Review. The weight of the guitar and the design of the body are wonderful. Its an EVH Wolfgang...and it kicks major butt. This things neck cant figure out what it wants to do, bows in, I adjust it. I was even sent pictures of it before it left their facility. Only minor adjustments on the Floyd Rose probably just because of shipping. I have yet to meet the sound I can't nail with it. The knobs themselves kind of look like they were taken off of a Fender Jazz bass, which I believe is where Eddie initially got them from back when he endorsed Kramer. Very playable. Quick Shipper. Jun 27, 2018 #2 I can't compare, but those are some of my favorite pickups. with the switch in the middle position, it sounds like a coil tap, more jangle, but with a more full lows. Fit and Feel. Preferred Seller. The paint smudged off in the area where the pick guard would be. EVH Wolfgang Special Burgandy Mist Metallic Mint New Open Box. 5150 guitar amps have gained a legendary status in the heavy guitar world. Disabling it will result in some disabled or missing features. They turn easy but hold their place. This new model uses a softer tone wood for the arched top and body, namely sassafras. It's Long. The pick ups are hot and brown clean or distorted. Jan 7, 2016 #8 I couldn't sell … Sweetwater had a perfect setup, made in Mexico by Americans. Si vous êtes intéressés par la nouvelle Wolfgang Special de chez EVH, voici une petite review faite sur la mienne reçue il y a moins d'une semaine. Buying online so I haven't had a chance to play it. Quick Responder. A Sweetwater Sales Engineer will get back to you shortly. Sell One Like This; Listings Price Guide. volume and tone knobs roll easily with your hand making your amp go crazy!!! The non-floating set up is concurrent with Eddie Van Halen’s set up specs. Bikedude. Phone Hours | The Wolfgang Special features a basswood body with an arched top and a robust graphite-reinforced bolt-on quartersawn maple neck. At NAMM 2018 EVH Guitars has unveiled new colour finishes to its affordable EVH Wolfgang Standard Series Guitars and the more premium EVH Wolfgang Special Series Guitars.. Rich Tone Music Ltd, Required fields are marked *. Keep it up! 5150 III (22), Wolfgang Special Series (7), Wolfgang USA Series (5), Striped (3) Info . After that it goes out of tune and stays there. 08/17/12. The neck is carved and rolled to Eddie Van Halen’s exacting specifications a 12”-16” compound radius ebony fingerboard has 22 jumbo frets . When you first pick up a Wolfgang, the most immediate … Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question. I’ve owned two floating style Floyd rose guitars and hated them but I really like this one sitting flush on the body. ...it was playable out of the box and the action wasn't too bad. Pinch harmonics and natural harmonics have never been so easy to capture on a guitar! The time of arrival and the case is my only issue, but when it shows up its worth the wait! For the last 15 years or so EVH has been using guitars similar to this. This one has the quarter-sawn line right down the middle of the neck, which I think is preferable. It wasn’t far out of tune when I got it, and it holds tune very well. The drop D tuna works mabey once or twice. I've had it for a few days now. It sports four 6L6 power tubes and eight 12AX7s. Let me just be up front when I say these pickups are HOT! Beyond that, the attention to detail and build quality are second to none, matching and even besting guitars 3x the price. The action was perfect for my touch as I have paws but the sound and tone, well, what can I say. Fast & Free shipping on many items! There is minimal gain as the amp is set at 10 (a la EVH … Jun 27, 2018 #1 I'm buying a 2015 EVH Wolfgang Special in natural flame top and maple neck. Woodside, NY, United States. EVH Wolfgang special … Shred away!!! October 18, 2020 . You’ll notice the body is shifted to the left in standard playing positions. It never gets that tacky feel like painted necks do. 5501 U.S. Hwy 30 W, Fort Wayne, IN 46818 I already owned a hardtail TOM MIJ model and sought this model to get the jumbo frets, Floyd Rose, Arch Top and D-Tuna. Really good for Van Halen and other hard rock stuff. These guys know what they are doing and they take care of you like if your were EVH himself. The EVH Wolfgang Special was designed by Edward Van Halen and the team at Fender to bring a lower priced Wolfgang to market that offered all of the great feel and tone of the $3,000 American made model, but at a price point that the younger generation such as myself could afford. It's a great time to upgrade your home music studio gear with the largest selection at eBay.com. The Wolfgang Special features a basswood body with an arched top and a robust graphite-reinforced bolt-on quartersawn maple neck. Up to 76% Off Select Inventory … The new EVH® Wolfgang® Special Striped Black and White features a basswood body with arched top, graphite-reinforced bolt-on quartersawn maple neck, 12”-16” compound radius maple fingerboard with rolled edges and black dot inlays, heel-mounted truss rod adjustment spoke wheel, dual direct mounted, custom designed EVH® Wolfgang… I had the Peavey Wolfgang standard in the early 2000's and paid twice as much for it yet I can tell no discernable difference in quality of feel or sound between it and these Fender made models. Awesome guitar. Pickup selector switch was not installed in the reverse manor that some said it was- the up position is the neck pickup, the down position is the bridge pickup. Makes tuning that much easier, and I know that if I ever need a nut job, all I have to do is stick a shim or two in the existing nut, rather than going through the hassle of replacing a traditional bone nut. Recently decided to pull the trigger on getting a new EVH Wolfgang Special Stealth Black model. Everything about this guitar screams quality. To learn more about our cookie policy, please check our Privacy Policy. This one has the quarter-sawn line right down the middle of the … FOR SALE 2018 EVH Wolfgang Special. The two knobs are volume and tone, and they work as they should. EVH Wolfgang Special Electric Guitar Review. I’ve been playing for 20+ years with all makes. Now to mention a few things about other reviews I've read on this guitar: The pickups are excellent, they do not sound the same (as one reviewer had said) they both give you maximum benefits of each position. The EVH Wolfgang Special reflects a commitment to quality worthy of the extraordinary guitarist it's named after. The EVH Wolfgang Standard is very affordable, and arguably one of the best guitars for the money in its class. EVH D-TUNA installed and works well, but I do have to quickly fine tune after switching from E to D. Only complaints are the pickup selector switch feels very cheap and the volume and tone controls do to. Recorded with EVH Wolfgang guitar played through a '73 Marshall 100-watt head through a Marshall 4x12 loaded with four 25-watt Celestions and an Electro Harmonix Holy Grail reverb pedal. Solid Body. The pickup selector is smooth when going through the pickup selections. A-MAZ-ING ... May 4, 2018 Music Background: hobbyist. Solidbody Electric Guitar with Basswood Body, Maple Neck, Ebony Fingerboard, 2 Humbucking Pickups, and EVH … More Fendery sounding than either of the other two signature pickups, but still warm and handle a variety of styles. It also analyzes reviews to verify trustworthiness. Would buy again. Guitarolorian. The neck is carved and rolled to Eddie Van Halen’s exacting specifications and features a hand-rubbed satin urethane finish on the back. The EVH Wolfgang necks have less specific character to me, but are still great. $999.99 + $75 Shipping. I played it no less than 5 hours the first night, and then for 2 more 3 hour rehearsals this week... it simply plays great and sounds amazing! At Sweetwater, we've been consistently impressed by EVH guitars, and the Wolfgang Special is no exception. The guitar sounds great. The neck is carved and rolled to Eddie Van Halen… For the money you really can't beat this guitar. Reviews. I know you will!!! Sound, sustain, clarity and punch were amazing. EVH. Sweetwater Sound My sales rep Chris was very helpful during the wait, always quick to answer questions and was very helpful when I told him about the issues I had with the setup and such. Learn More. This is the USA made Wolfgang that is rumored to be made in the Fender Custom Shop. Nothing major, and the result was a fantastic playing guitar. I actually have one of the wolfgang standards with the maple fret-board. Platinum Supporting Member. A resource on all things guitar and music. Can't wait to use it live. First off playability is wow carved top is gorgeous,,I can't say enough how perfect it is for me.Its the only guitar in my stable thats not a telecaster. For the shredder on a budget, this is one guitar you won't want to pass up. And of course, the tone is every bit as eclectic and iconic as the brand's namesake. Fit and Feel. ... 2018… The woods and parts used are top notch and contribute to a guitar that feels and sounds SOLID. Messages 909. Posted on February 13, 2018 by Ryan Chadwick The quirky Andertons TV crew was in full effect at the 2018 NAMM Show in Anaheim, Calif., held at the end of January. Great deals on Evh Wolfgang. Buyer's choice. Mar 16, 2011 #1 I have had this one in the stable for just about a year now so I figured I would offer some thoughts on it so far. I've wanted to own an EVH guitar … Going to replace all of it with better parts and I’ll be happy. Your recently viewed items and featured recommendations, Select the department you want to search in, Reviewed in the United States on January 12, 2018. The neck is amazing, frets- perfect to every last detail. EVH has just announced a Limited Edition Wolfgang Special in Satin Black with a sassafras body and a very nice arched top, taking a modern guitar design in a new direction. This guitar has a feel like it has been play 10 hours a day for 5 straight years yet the finish is near perfect and very refined for a guitar in this price range. Products . Happy customers, one piece of gear at a time! This instrument boasts many of the features of its bigger USA brother, but at a more affordable price. I had another friend who got a MIM Wolf with a super dark bridge pickup. EVH Wolfgang Special Striped Series. CASE/GIG BAG: Optional EVH® Wolfgang® Hardshell (p/n 009-0916-000); Optional EVH® Black Gig Bag (p/n 022-1512-006) There are currently no reviews for this product, be the first to write one! I also love the locking nut and tailpiece on their early model hardtails (like mine). The SAME pickups, the SAME Floyd Rose equipped with D … Also, have an EVH brand Standard model which isn't bad for the very low price. All in all the EVH Wolfgang Special is a great guitar for someone who wants that great Van Halen rock tone on a budget. The guitar features the familiar Wolfgang … When I finally made my final decision and ordered, my sales person Chris Nunley called me immediately... and I was completely (once again!) We did have to take it to the local music store to have it set up but after set up it works great. Using the middle position on the pickup gives an out of phase sound. If you are looking for that $3,500 sound but don't want to spend that much this is every bit as good just with a flat top which I prefer over the arch top (personal preference). I own 3 other Wolfgang models, 2 by Peavey, which are EXCELLENT as well in overall tone and feel. Recently decided to pull the trigger on getting a new EVH Wolfgang Special Stealth Black model. Posted on January 30, 2018 February 5, 2018 by Ryan Chadwick No marketing gimmick here. Les thématiques abordées sont les suivantes : Wolfgang, Wolfgang Special, Wolfgang USA Custom, Striped Series, 5150 III. A sturdy and dependable EVH … Sweetwater's Sales Engineers are regarded as the most experienced and knowledgeable professionals in the music industry, with extensive music backgrounds and intense training on the latest products and technologies. Hey! Most guitar players loved how affordable this guitar is. I've chased the Eddie Van Halen brown sound for almost a decade now, and with the right setup, it's hard to not capture something close. the D-tuna was something new for me and after figuring out how to engage it, it worked perfectly (there was a bit more string stretching before it was "right on" though. Top subscription boxes – right to your door, EVH Wolfgang Standard Electric Guitar Snow White, See all details for EVH Wolfgang Standard Electric Guitar Snow White, © 1996-2020, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. The Floyd rose tremolo is “decked” meaning it sits against the body of the guitar which only allows for using the trem bar for dives. Reviewed in the United States on July 22, 2017, Reviewed in the United States on November 4, 2017, Reviewed in the United States on November 4, 2014, Reviewed in the United States on December 16, 2014, Hey everybody, I thought it'd be fair to post my honest review of the EVH Wolfgang Standard Floyd Rose model. Very Good. drod1985 Member. Electric Guitars. The neck fits my hands perfectly! How does a Wolfgang Special’s pickups compare to Gibson Burstbuckers or PRS 85/15 pickups? There's a problem loading this menu right now. I suggest getting a different color and finish. Messages 299. Bill's Best Guitars. The Whammy bar: After stretching the strings enough, it works excellent! The neck has a really great feel to it and the body is really comfortable. blown away by the lighting fast service. I wanted a surface mounted Floyd Rose and would have had to pay twice as much for the Charvel USA So Cal, which has the surface mounted Floyd. You can see in my picture what I'm talking about towards the bottom. When you first pick up a Wolfgang, the most immediate reaction you may have to it is how much the guitar is offset from standard guitars. The Wolfgang Special features a basswood body with an arched top and a robust graphite-reinforced bolt-on quartersawn maple neck. Reactions: shane8, rummy and strike3. $1,299.95 . A pair of flagship custom-designed EVH® Wolfgang Alnico 2 humbucking pickups are mounted directly to the body, providing dynamic yet articulate voicing, as well as endless sustain for powerful chords and melody lines. Follow this Product. Mabey I'll throw some primer on it ala joe strummer as it can't look much more terrible. Tout d'abord l'objet : livrée dans un solide étui moulé skb strippé style EVH, orné du logo EVH à l'éxterieur ET à l'intérieur, pas de doute, on sait chez qui l'on est ! Watch. Wish it had come with a case. Reviewed in the United States on September 27, 2016. Wildwood, NJ, United States. My rep, Anthony was amazing.
2020 evh wolfgang special review 2018