Said the flavor was really good but the booze got in the way of the cake itself and it would burn the back of her throat when she would eat a slice. Reviewed in the United States on December 30, 2019. Find them at www.gethsemanifarms.org. Dad's fruitcake set the standard by which all have been judged for almost sixty years. I'm sorry but this product does not match it's premium price point. Christian's Cloudscapes: pin. Gethsemani Farms, Inc. is a Kentucky Kco - Corporation filed on September 21, 1978. There are people that like fruitcake, and people that don't. Find helpful customer reviews and review ratings for Gethsemani Farms Kentucky Bourbon Fruitcake at Amazon.com. This page works best with JavaScript. This is the best fudge that I've ever tasted, excepting my mother's. I asked her if she would like me to buy this fruitcake again and she said no it did not compare to the first one I bought for her, which was the Collins Street Bakery fruitcake. deep 1 lb. I had the fruitcake from Collins Street Bakery as a gift last year, and it by far was the best fruitcake I have had and much better than Gethsemani Farm’s fruitcake. You can still see all customer reviews for the product. There's a problem loading this menu right now. The fruitcake was not all bad. The Abbey of Gethsemani; Search. I'm trying to resist the urge to order another cake. This one is very good and I'll remember it the next time I'm having a craving - providing it's available. You can still see all customer reviews for the product. Get the 2.5-pound Kentucky Bourbon Fruitcake ($39.95). The Abbey of Gethsemani is a community of Roman Catholic monks belonging to the worldwide Order of Cistercians of Strict Observance commonly known as Trappist. Dec 26, 2016 - Get the 8 best fruitcakes to buy this holiday season from Gethsemani Farms, Assumption Abbey, Claxton Fruitcake and more, through online and mail order. Well done! The Sommelier Update: Fruitcake Naughty or nice? The way fruitcake should be . My memory of Dad’s fruitcake almost evaporated when I tasted their fine … Also ordered was the chocolate bourbon fudge. Read honest and unbiased product reviews from our users. And I get a fruitcake every year; mostly just for myself. I tried this based upon the reviews and unfortunately I don’t care for it as much as the Assumption Abbey fruitcake. It is the richest, moistest, best tasting, most incredible fruitcake of all! Not just your Grandmother’s holiday favorite, Reviewed in the United States on November 28, 2017. Reviewed in the United States on March 20, 2020, But could have been a little fresher. See more ideas about medieval recipes, viking food, ancient recipes. It's truly great any time of the year! I ordered 3 highly rated fruitcakes for Thanksgiving and asked my family and friends to do a taste test and Gethsemani Farms won by a slight margin. Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question. Heavy, fruity flavor. The fruit cake is good too. Horrible tiny bits of ... maybe ... nuts that made eating this product disgusting. Not filled with raisin like cheap cakes. This time the fudge was contaminated with nut shells, and I threw it away rather than risk tooth damage. These dense, moist and spicy cakes are handmade with only the finest, freshest ingredients. This was just the first time I decided to buy it on Amazon. After viewing product detail pages, look here to find an easy way to navigate back to pages you are interested in. Instead, our system considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon. First off the fudge - a good and really strong bourbon flavor. This fruitcake bears a very close resemblance to that of Gethsemani Farms. If you do not like the taste of KY Bourbon, be sure to order it plain, because the Bourbon alcohol flavor is distinct. Fruitcake gets a bad rap. The taste was also the same as your average fruitcake. - with yoyomax12 - Duration: 9:59. The brothers conduct prayers, vespers, and mass daily. Prime members enjoy FREE Delivery and exclusive access to music, movies, TV shows, original audio series, and Kindle books. There is also a visitor’s chapel, which seems to generally be unoccupied. Reviewed in the United States on December 1, 2017. I just can’t get passed the slimy texture issue. The Abbey of Gethsemani is off the beaten path for sure. Not to say it was stale—it wasn’t. Read … The fudge is amazing and should come with an alcohol consumption warning. The side benefit is, we support the Monks at the Abbey! Nut cake can be kept for as long as a year or more and shouldn't be refrigerated. You can definitely taste the booze - which my Mom didn't like, but I don't mind. The chocolate and especially the maple butter flavors are outstanding. I'm in the YAY Fruitcake camp. Pros and cons on this Gethsemani Farms Fruitcake with user reviews and ratings. Get the jokes when recipients respond but also the high praise for how good this cake is. Reviewed in the United States on September 26, 2020. Clearly, the fruit and nuts were of the highest quality. There's a problem loading this menu right now. This page works best with JavaScript. This fruitcake is made by Trappist monks at the Abbey of Gethsemani in Kentucky. The Gethsemani Farms monks use Kentucky bourbon to give their cakes a kick. Gethsemani Farms. The community was established in 1848 in Trappist, Kentucky. Unsubscribe from gethsemani farms? 5 reviews of Gethsemani Farms "i bought the cheese and fruitcake combo best i have ever had.it is made by monks and shipping is free right now.they have fudge,fruitcake,cheese.so good .phone 1-800-549-0912 .fruitcake seasoned with kentucky bourbon." If the test did anything it was to appreciate a fantastic holiday treat. The Abbey of Our Lady of Gethsemani Located south of Bardstown, Kentucky, the Abbey of Gethsemani is the oldest Trappist monastery in America, and likel... USA Libraries. There was a stronger flavor of Bourbon in the fudge than there was in the cake. Can not say enough about it. Man O Man!! Made in small batches to ensure quality Prepared monastery fruitcake using fresh nuts, dried fruits, dairy butter and spices, then age each loaf in 120 proof brandy 3.25 in. Far better than any fruitcake I can remember. Handles the sweet tooth and slaps you with that bourbon kick - what's not to love. It was super yummy, no complaints. The ultra-rich Trappist Abbey Monastery Fruitcake is not your ordinary fruitcake. It also analyzes reviews to verify trustworthiness. Just not at the height of its freshness. Reviewed in the United States on August 25, 2017. Have been ordering them and giving them as gifts for years. Delicious! Both are similar, but here is the difference, the texture. Top subscription boxes – right to your door. Its looks are average, and the tin is also attractive but nothing too fancy. Ok the holiday fruitcake jokes don't apply to this bourbon soaked fruit cake. So based the texture issue, I gave it three stars. The two pound, four-ounce fruitcake cost $27.95 with shipping. Refrigerating will make cutting simpler and ought to be served at room temperature. It is indeed an active monastery in the Order of Cistercians. tall x 3.25 in. Cancel Unsubscribe. Find helpful customer reviews and review ratings for Gethsemani Farms Kentucky Bourbon Fruit Cake & 1 Lb Chocolate Bourbon Fudge at Amazon.com. I would not purchase this fruitcake again as it is not anything special compared to your normal grocery store fruitcake...except much higher in price. Never had anyone ask that we stop sending this as a gift. Reviewed in the United States on February 16, 2018. You had better like booze to enjoy this fruitcake, Reviewed in the United States on November 9, 2018. 2017-08-11T18:07:21.000Z. Just received this fruitcake and was disappointed. I love fruitcake and this one is the best ever! Gethsemani Farms Fruit Cake is, by far, the best fruit cake I have ever eaten. Jun 9, 2020 - Explore Keris Sinnett's board "Gethsemani farms monks", followed by 212 people on Pinterest. The Registered Agent on file for this company is Br. wide x 2.5 in. Gethsemani Farms Kentucky Bourbon Fruitcake review by ConsumerSearch. Subscribe Subscribed Unsubscribe 43. Not often you can write a product is better than what your mother or mother in law made however this is. Having … Learn more about the Abbey Texture Issue - Too much slimy fruit and not enough cake, Reviewed in the United States on December 6, 2018. Fresh and flavorful. I bought this for a friend of mine who loves fruitcake and she said that the booze was so strong in it that you could get drunk just eating the cake, especially if you don't drink, she doesn't drink. I was looking forward to the bourbon flavored fruitcake, but unfortunately the overwhelming flavor profile of the cake was molasses. Gethsemani Farms bourbon fruitcake made by Trappist monks in Kentucky, no contest. Thank you Gethsemani Farms. Disabling it will result in some disabled or missing features. Delicious, best fruit cake made. These cakes are the ultimate delicacy. I also spent twice as much on another fruitcake from a different seller and it was good, acceptable, just fine, but this cake was better and the fudge.... never had better in my life. I have previously ordered the fudge and was very happy with it. Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question. Reviewed in the United States on December 10, 2017. The tins get lots of use afterwards and hold up well for years. And really bad if you have dentures. 9.1K likes. Good balance of fruits and nuts. Reviewed in the United States on November 6, 2019. 8.8K likes. Fruit cake haters will really like this, great quality and I always order one every year for the holidays. Reviewed in the United States on January 8, 2019. 9.1K likes. This month I discovered Gethsemani’s fruitcake during a trip through Kentucky. Gethsemani Farms Kentucky Bourbon Fruit Cake & 1 Lb Chocolate Bourbon... Gethsemani Farms Kentucky Bourbon Fruit Cake & 1 Lb Chocolate Bourbon Fudge. Plenty of fruit and nuts. Quality always consistent. Reviewed in the United States on January 11, 2019. I have been buying this fudge for many, many years. The fudge was completely worth it and the fruitcake was great too.
2020 gethsemani farms fruitcake review