For this recipe I added both beef and fish. This soup is so deliciously satisfying and nutritious and is loaded with proteins and healthy fat. Add the diced okra and start frying to kick-start the drawing process, add some meat stock from time to time till you notice the okra start to draw. Precious says. You can even make it as a mix with Ogbono like I did in today’s recipe or you can decide not to add Ogbono. Ingredients. Now add the vegetable and stir well. This oil is ok for cooking Ogbono Soup, Yam Porridge/Pottage, Okra Soup, Egusi Soup and Vegetable Soup but not so great when cooking Bitterleaf Soup, Ora Soup and all the other Nigerian Soups that require a starchy thickener. This is optional, as some prefer the soup without it's slimy characteristic. Okra soup is often classically made with beef (beef parts) and fish. Ingredients -\r\rOnions, Spring Onions, Scotch bonnet peppers, Thin sliced Okra, Beef & or Chicken broiler/cow foot/smoked turkey/ Palm Oil, Molokhia, Salt, Maggi cubes, a tea spoon of ground locust beans/ Fresh white fish, Smoked white fish. 3 cooking spoons red palm oil. Groundnut Stew is a similar recipe made with peanuts (or peanut butter) instead of palm oil and palm nuts (or canned palm soup base). The soup is prepared from okra vegetables cooked in a delectable mixture of palm oil, meat, shrimps, and traditional spices. It’s very pocket friendly and can be made with thousands or even a few hundred Naira. It is easy and cheap to prepare. It can be cooked by anyone. The palm oil can be substituted with any oil of your choice. more... on November 01, 2020 | By Blessing Okpala | 0 Comments. Okra Soup is one of the most famous dishes in Africa. Thanks for sharing. Finally, pour in the boiled beef stock into the fried okra, turn properly and add the uziza leaves at this point remove from heat cover the pot allow resting for 3 minutes. How To Cook Okra Soup Without Frying The only difference here is that you don't need to fry the Okra. Make sure to cut the okra into very thin rounds as these cook quicker, discard the stalks and the ends. The different versions of okro stew around the world. How to cook ogbono soup with okra. There were times I cooked seafood okra soup with just mackerel (titus) alone as a source of protein and it turns out really delicious. The ingredients and recipe are listed below. 8. Not only is it Tasty, it has lesser amount of calories than the calories in the Traditional Egusi Soup. 3. Okra Soup || How To Cook Okra Soup Without Palm Oil . 2. How to make okro soup. A chicken and vegetable mix Okra Soup. It can be consumed with or without staples, breakfast, lunch or dinner. Seafood Okra Soup without palm nut oil. The major difference between the soups are the types of leaves used. 2 handfuls ogbono seeds. If you are looking for a new addition to your food menu and you like banga or okra soup, then the way forward is Karo’s banga okra soup. These ingredients cannot be substituted for another as they are the basic ingredients that gives it the wonderful taste. Seasoning. Hello Precious. After cooking your Stockfish, Meat and other types of fishes that you will use, and adding the required ingredients used above. This not only adds a good flavour but it adds thickness to the okro soup as well. I grew up around beautiful, successful, professional, and business Togolese women from Aneho and Atakpame! This seafood okra soup is my kids’ favorite. Okro soup (African okra soup) is made with okra vegetables cooked in a delicious mixture of palm oil, shrimps, goat meat, fish and African spices, and simmered to perfection! Seafood okra soup is cooked without meat, just sea animals. Ingredients: 1. Reply. I brought my pot of water to a boil. Sometimes I cook okra with palm oil. 3. Crayfish. How to Make Okra Soup. October 03, 2020 at 10:36 am. Now add the vegetable and stir well. My Ife grandma will make this soup at least twice a week for this soup at least twice a week for us.
2020 how to make okra soup without palm oil