Tangier, port and principal city of northern Morocco. Last time I was in tangier I was about 20..now I'm 50. February 21, 2020 at 10:27 am. Be the first to discover secret destinations, travel hacks, and more. Be firm but polite and move on. Rabat – When it comes to travel safety, any tourist may ask: is Morocco safe as most European countries, the US, and Canada? As of Oct 07, 2019 there are travel warnings for Morocco; exercise a high degree of caution. I would agree that Tangiers is quite safe walking around at night provided that you stay to the main areas i.e. Tangier is not an unsafe city, it can be a little dangerous in the bad part of town but that is the same everywhere. Safe ye..no..absolutely no ?? Driving in Moroccan cities can often feel very chaotic. Because of this, … The chance of being a victim of violent crime in Tangier is 1 in 326. Yes, it is very safe, Morocco is the embodiment of one of the safest countries in the world, thanks to the combination of the country where the crime rate is very low and its government that is always proactive in protecting their guests and locals. Al boraq Rabat-Tangier - advance purchase or on the day? Is it Safe to Travel to Tangier? Don’t assume they will stop just because they are supposed to. Tangier Tourism Tangier Hotels Tangier Bed and Breakfast Tangier Vacation Rentals Tangier Packages Flights to Tangier Tangier Restaurants Tangier Attractions Tangier Travel Forum Tangier Photos Editor’s note: The information contained on this page was compiled using real traveler reviews about warnings or dangers in Tangier. Our best data indicates this area is somewhat safe. Nobody will do you any harm. Is Tangier safe? It has been the summer site of the Moroccan royal residence since 1962 and was a destination for artists and writers in the 1950s and ’60s. But having said that, traveling in Morocco as a woman can be very safe and 100% doable! Safe ye..no..absolutely no ?? 1,424 posts. Walking around (ta && ta.queueForLoad ? Be firm but polite and move on. Experience the lively city by staying inside the medina. Probably the biggest issue is tenacious touts and con-men trying to overcharge you. But do cover up when going to a Mosque like you would going to church on Sunday. Of course, like everywhere, you need to be careful and you shouldn’t do stupid things. A roundtrip ticket for a single foot passenger in a seat (rather than a berth) costs around 180 Euros. Re: IS Tangier SaFe . His secretary has been killed by his exploding suitcase. Yes. In general, Morocco is very safe, and as Tangier gets a lot of tourists, extra attention is paid to safety. It's no less safe than any other city in the country – or region for that matter. Of course, like everywhere, you need to be careful and you shouldn’t do stupid things. so why the free advertising for the riad as in two posts by same person ?. It is safe there and in the whole Morocco also. philpetrus. Try to adapt to the culture and avoid accidents or dangerous neighborhoods. We offer our unbiased opinions and do not accept compensation to review products. 1,424 posts. Price taxi from airport to medina at night. Tangier has been reputed as a safe house for international spying activities. Many western people including women visit Morocco especially Tangier so you will be safe. The best thing to do is to not carry any valuables and keep only a minimum of cash on hand. My first major worry was vaccines. Tangier acquired the reputation of a spying and smuggling centre and attracted foreign capital due to political neutrality and commercial liberty at that time. Blank forms are available on arrival at Tangier port from the insurance company booths and from tobacconists in all cities. Safe ye..no..absolutely no ?? Some level of attention and minor harassment is, unfortunately, to be expected. Is Tangier Safe. Even non-travelers know going to Africa means getting all the shots. That was a pretty easy fix, and I concluded that is appears that Tangier is safe! Even non-travelers know going to Africa means getting all the shots. Members who are knowledgeable about this destination and volunteer their time to answer travelers' questions. Mediterranean Cruise in... Tangier Nightlife – Clubs, Bars & Nightlife Tips, Tangier Transportation – Taxi, Train, Bus & Airport Tips. Tangier is an ancient city near the Strait of Gibraltar, a key point for entering the Mediterranean. 1,424 posts. You will mostly encounter this around the main tourist areas of the medina and along the beachfront promenade. 9. You’ll just need to exercise more caution than you would in some other countries. Thanks will pay all trippers back..Mikey. There is no more risk than elsewhere and it is important to say that Tangier is one of the… I visited Tangier briefly last summer and I had moderately uneasy feeling all the time, because right after getting out of the boat we were approached by a man asking where we are from, where we are going etc. As of Oct 07, 2019 there are travel warnings for Morocco; exercise a high degree of caution. Thanks will pay all trippers back..Mikey. There are lots of expats in this city that speak Spanish first, then English and then French. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu. The chance of being a victim of crime in Tangier is 1 in 35. This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in the United States. so why the free advertising for the riad as in two posts by same person ?. All Rights Reserved. How Safe is Tangier (higher is better) Chance of Being A Victim of Crime in Tangier. Sometimes rather than actually stop at crosswalks to let pedestrians cross, drivers will simply try to avoid hitting the people crossing. Morocco is all about the experience – their … We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one. In the tourist areas, watch out for con artists. Report inappropriate content . You should definitely visit. Thanks Philpetrus..very quick reply from the other side of the world..(I"m in Australia) ..what a marvellous thing the internet?? Here are tips on Tangier warnings or dangers. We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. ... including safe camp arrangements. Tangier is an ancient city near the Strait of Gibraltar, a key point for entering the Mediterranean.Here are tips on Tangier warnings or dangers. Re: IS Tangier SaFe . Tangier Tourism Tangier Hotels Tangier Bed and Breakfast Tangier Vacation Rentals Tangier Packages Flights to Tangier Tangier Restaurants Tangier Attractions Tangier Travel Forum Tangier Photos Note that vendors can be very aggressive. Common sense is advised and personal safety precautions you would usually take anywhere apply in Tangiers too. Pay attention to the transaction and make sure you are not overcharged. Yes, why it not would safe in Tangier? Our best data indicates this area is somewhat safe. The reassuring answer is that Morocco has a low risk level, according … Get with a group, or hire a legitimate guide to show you around. Barcelona (Spain) to Tangier (Morocco): This is not a popular route, but handy if you want to avoid traveling down to the south of Spain.Grand Navi is the company that operates these ferries. It is nice combination can I say. Tangier. Some countries, more so than others. There are many fake guides around who will take your money and may leave you stranded in a bad place. Try to adapt to the culture and avoid accidents or dangerous neighborhoods. Any update on transportation from Tanger Med to Tanger Ville, Services between Algeciras and Tangier moved to Tanger Med. Probably the biggest issue is tenacious touts and con-men trying to overcharge you. The thieves are reckless in Tangier and are willing to run you over for your priced goods so be very careful. The question was "how safe is Tangier" NOT i need a riad / accommodation in tangier . Tangier Tourism Tangier Hotels Tangier Bed and Breakfast Tangier Holiday Rentals Tangier Packages Flights to Tangier Tangier Restaurants Tangier Attractions Tangier Travel Forum Tangier Pictures Geneva, Switzerland. Tangier is generally safe for lone women. Overall, Moroccans are friendly and honest, and Tangier is a relatively safe city. Check this page for any recent changes or regions to avoid: Travel Advice and Advisories.This advisory was … Some troubles include theft, which can range in severity of danger. Moroccan police have increased security forces throughout the country in light of world events and much has been done in recent years to clean up Tangier and her image. Answer 1 of 101: Hi all, We are after CURRENT travel information please from tourists who have been in Tangier in the last 3 months. Anyone ever used "Showaround" to find a guide to Tangier? Thanks will pay all trippers back..Mikey. It's also safe to walk around late at night on your own, there is a heavy police presence in the town most are not obvious, to avoid alarming the tourists, wearing jeans and T shirts and watching everything. The question was "how safe is Tangier" NOT i need a riad / accommodation in tangier . You will mostly encounter this around the main tourist areas of the medina and along the beachfront promenade. Dressing like a local will help you blend in and get good reception from merchants, who will often quote you actual prices instead of inflated tourist prices. You will encounter th… Tangier is to Morocco as Tijuana is to Mexico. Check this page for any recent changes or regions to avoid: Travel Advice and Advisories.This advisory was … All items are in stock and prices are accurate at the time of publication. Tangier Warnings or Dangers. I found Tangier to be quite safe and people were friendly. Some products are sent to us free of charge with no incentive to offer a favorable review. Another trouble you may encounter is the persistent touts whom you should ignore, or the con-men ready to overcharge you. Is Morocco safe for tourists? I'm an American in Tangier right now. Taking the FRS fast ferry from Tarifa to Tangier Ville is better. Can we get sick in Tangier? Be considerate that you are in a Muslim country but don't worry too much. i think you will have no problem in (ta && ta.queueForLoad ? Tanger's Growth Struggles In business for nearly 40 years, Tanger owns a portfolio of 44 outlet shopping centers located across 22 … Sarah November 7, 2018 at 12:22 am. 12 years ago. So, I assured myself, we wouldn’t even be able to go to Morocco since we wouldn’t have time to get the required immunizations. Re: IS Tangier SaFe . so why the free advertising for the riad as in two posts by same person ?. Tripadvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet Tripadvisor's forum guidelines. All the best for this great trip! Source: Simply Safe Dividends Let's take a closer look at Tanger's recent struggles and assess how safe the retail REIT's dividend appears to be going forward. The question was "how safe is Tangier" NOT i need a riad / accommodation in tangier . His wife, Christine, is in a 'safe house'. 12 years ago. Level Contributor . Wondering if Tangier is safe to visit? Tangier is not the safest destination to travel to in Morrocco. Geneva, Switzerland. 9. Woman may get unwanted attention (still rare in tangier) and some remarks but usually it never … Tangier is a safe place for solo women travelers. It’s not as touristy as other places in Morocco so there is less pressure on tourists. The question was "how safe is Tangier" NOT i need a riad / accommodation in tangier . My first major worry was vaccines. Tangier is considered one of the more moderate cities of Morocco and it is quite normal and acceptable to see foreign women without head coverings. It's safe. Level Contributor . Tangier Med Port to Tangier City Centre. If you get lost you may have a difficult time. Report inappropriate content . Edited: 3 years ago That was a pretty easy fix, and I concluded that is appears that Tangier is safe! Both are "border towns" that thrive on the fact that they're jumping off points for people leaving, and a lure for those who want an exotic "quickie" experience beyond the comforts and familiarities of the more developed world. Be careful when crossing streets. well dear spanish kimiloan, as i have wrotten slutan instead of sultan, i had to correct the thing and by the way, if you see my profile, you'll see that i'm really a tourist and not here to promote such a riad or hotel, we have just spent nights in this riad and it was my pleasure to share my experience there, so long. Is it Safe to Travel to Tangier? Don't wear a headscarf unless you're Muslim. ta.queueForLoad : function(f, g){document.addEventListener('DOMContentLoaded', f);})(function(){ta.trackEventOnPage('postLinkInline', 'impression', 'postLinks-12521454', '');}, 'log_autolink_impression');Tangier " NOT i need a riad / accommodation in tangier . Related: What are the most popular tours in Tangier? I wouldnt walk near the steps that lead down from the hotel Minzah at night,I know several people who have been mugged there,its the perfect place for a getaway.Walking around after midnight anywhere,medina or town,especially leaving a club,take a taxi. 12 years ago. To review the Tripadvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html. In general, Morocco is very safe, and as Tangier gets a lot of tourists, extra attention is paid to safety. It is a little different of the other Moroccan cities, it respire a little of Europe there if you understand what I mean. Tangier. philpetrus. It is safe there and in the whole Morocco also. Can we get sick in Tangier? Report inappropriate content . “It’s sort of like we’ve been in a safe haven,” Mayor James “Ooker” Eskridge said. Leave a … Overall, Moroccans are friendly and honest, and Tangier is a relatively safe city. If you are a tourist, it may be better to stick to known places. MP Mark Ritchie has fled to Tangier with both MI5 and the KGB on his tail. so why the free advertising for the riad as in two posts by same person ?. Walking alone on the streets dressed as if your on Venice Beach CA is a bad idea. Also driving can be treacherous. It's no less safe than any other city in the country – or region for that matter. The question was "how safe is (ta && ta.queueForLoad ? Tangier. ta.queueForLoad : function(f, g){document.addEventListener('DOMContentLoaded', f);})(function(){ta.trackEventOnPage('postLinkInline', 'impression', 'postLinks-12479203', '');}, 'log_autolink_impression');Tangier at night..what are the experiences of the experienced?? more. It is a little different of the other Moroccan cities, it respire a little of Europe there if you understand what I mean. Only hire guides from hotels or travel agencies in the area. Re: IS Tangier SaFe . Safe ye..no..absolutely no ?? 9. Just use common sense. Tangier - I visited this town recently and I liked it. Sign up for our free newsletter. We hand-pick everything we recommend and select items through testing and reviews. So, I assured myself, we wouldn’t even be able to go to Morocco since we wouldn’t have time to get the required immunizations. If you buy something through our links, we may earn a commission. http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html. This is due to the techniques of the thieves who ride motorbikes in the country and aim their targets at unsuspecting tourists. Geneva, Switzerland. Geneva, Switzerland. Travel Smarter! By proceeding, you agree to our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use. If you have your own car, driving on countryside roads in Morocco is usually quite safe, however, if you drive in big cities like Rabat, Tangier, Casablanca or Marrakech, it can be quite challenging. Tourism in Morocco is growing at an incredible rate. 1,424 posts. Thanks will pay all trippers back..Mikey. Report inappropriate content . Be aware, though, that some duty-free shops advertise a certain price and then will change it when you try to make the purchase. This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. Is Tangier Safe. It is located on a bay of the Strait of Gibraltar 17 miles (27 km) from the southern tip of Spain. 9. It is nice combination can I say. At duty-free shops, you can buy items without paying taxes. I know Tangier well, have stayed there or nowadays passed through quickly since 1982. Reply. main shopping streets, promenade etc, I would avoid the medina late evening and petit taxis are very cheap it is well worth using these later on in the evening, though in July and August you will be very lucky if you can find one. Tangier - I visited this town recently and I liked it. 12 years ago. Moroccan police have increased security forces throughout the country in light of world events and much has been done in recent years to clean up Tangier and her image. Potential risks and advice As in all big cities, a certain vigilance is required, like in Tangier, but there is no need to fall into paranoia that would spoil your holiday. Always look on both sides when crossing the street because drivers in Morocco rarely respect crosswalks. There is little, if any, law enforcement. Level Contributor . New rail - tram. The chance of being a victim of property crime in Tangier is 1 in 40. Then I worried about nothing.. Now I worry...just a litte...but not enough to stop me..Cheers..Mikey, yeah i know Brisbane is in Australia ...By the way any idea about lodging, we have spent nights in a very nice riad ...need more info, let me know. Get answers to your questions about Tangier. so why the free advertising for the riad as in two posts by same person ?. Its position during the Cold War and during other spying periods of the 19th and 20th centuries is legendary. philpetrus. Level Contributor . Luxe 7-Nt, All-Incl. Is Tangier safe? philpetrus. Yes. If you have time, I highly recommend you also visit Chefchaouen if you have time, an overnight trip is enough. Wondering if Tangier is safe to visit? Yes, why it not would safe in Tangier? Pickpockets are common in tourist areas as well. © 2020 Smarter Travel Media LLC.
2020 is tangier safe