Flip Cup Pour – The flip cup pour starts with a dirty pour cup of … I am going to try my first pour this morning but I only have DecoArt pouring medium and a lot of Master’s Touch paint. The video shows you my process with the paint after I’ve mixed it with the pouring medium… Use your time to make art not a mess. Thank you Jerry's! I know that it’s not! Yeah, this technique is super fun and acesible to EVERYBODY – beginners and pros, adults and kids (although, parental supervision is mandatory). This option by Liquitex is possibly the best choice out there. This is a great post and great video! Mix Cadmium Yellow Light with Cadmium Red Medium to create orange. Does not slows the drying time. Mix slowly to avoid air bubbles. Hi Ellen, I believe I use Sargent Acrylics Paint and Artists Loft. Which is why paints intermixed right in a cup, creating all kinds of shades of gray. I started using Floetrol because it was the cheapest way to set up the paint for pouring, and have stayed with it. By the way, your work is breath taking! •  it’s not as affordable as Floetrol – average price is $26 per 32 fl oz (946 ml) – what a difference compared to $7? Mix in the pouring medium and stir with a craft stick. I don’t see the point of paying extra just for a brand, which is why I normally don’t buy this medium. Check Golden PM Price and Reviews on Amazon, Check DecoArt PM Price and Reviews on Amazon, Check GlueAll Price and Reviews on Amazon, Acrylic Pouring Medium – TOP Brands in 2020. Arteza Acrylic Paint. Good luck with your first experiments! I have no idea why and I haven’t found a site that mentions it. The reason for that is because artist or professional grade paints contain a high load of finely meld pigment, so basically, it’s more concentrated, therefore you need less paint to get same saturation. There’s nothing better than seeing it in a video. Floetrol is definitely amazing, but you are going to love the beautiful finish of Liquitex pouring medium. I will post an article about different paints for pouring in 10 days, and I will share more information about it there. Just make sure that your mixture is has a nice warm-honey like consistency. I recently purchased Golden color pouring medium. PVA Glue can be used individually or as a part of the mixture. If you would like to learn more about this type of medium, check out this article – Acrylic Pouring Medium – 3 Most Popular Brands. Thanks. Liquitex Pouring Medium is a professional and the most popular acrylic pouring medium on the market. This artist grade fluid medium is incorporating an acrylic polymer with high resin solids and designed especially for pouring technique.Â. Check Floetrol Price and Reviews on Amazon, This artist grade fluid medium is incorporating an acrylic polymer with high resin solids and designed especially for pouring technique.Â, Check Liquitex PM Price and Reviews on Amazon. Could you tell me what I did wrong? But thank you for the warning, I’m gonna try testing it out. Designed to increase flow, eliminate crazing, and to give a high gloss … LUKAS pouring medium improves the flow characteristics of acrylic paints and is perfect for pouring techniques. Initially, it was and still is used for exterior and interior painting, and not for art painting. Thanks for the comparisons. In a nutshell, it has the same properties and works almost the same way as a Liquitex medium, but it’s even more expensive (just like most Golden Products). How To Mix Pouring Medium With Colour. It might not be perfect, but it’s still great for practicing. Acrylic Pouring Art is getting more and more popular every day. Pouring medium - Pouring medium is a transparent acrylic paint additive that reduces 'colour crazing'. Thanks. Most of the time, adding the pouring medium is very beneficial, therefore recommended.Â, There is a range of professional pouring mediums designed my paint manufacturers like Liquitex PM, Golden PM and Gac800, DecoArt PM. BUT you can eliminate this problem with a simple use of pantyhose stretched over the top of the Floetrol bottle. I would probably recommend you to go to a professional paint store and first of all ask them the paint that you have is intermixable with Floetrol. It looks very simple to make, isn’t it? There are also some alternatives like Floetrol by Flood, Glue, and even Water, and I’ll tell more about each one of them below.Â. 🙁•  hard to clean once dry, which is why make sure to put gloves on when working with this medium. The only downside of this paint is that the selection of colors is limited. It’s especially popular for techniques where cells effect is the most desired.Â. TIP: This medium is very fluid, therefore it works best when mixed with medium body acrylics or combined with other additives to thicken the consistency – for example, Floetrol or Glue. I found this a very detailed and informative article, thanks Olga. Low-quality acrylics contain low-quality binders and a lot of fillers. I’d recommend you to keep on eye on the products available on your side on the ocean, because fluid art is getting more and more popular, and more products are showing up on the market. It’s completely... For this recipe, you’ll mix Floetrol and Glue-All at a ratio of 1 part Glue … If you like premixing you paint your paint ahead of time, I highly recommend using distilled water to prevent mold growth as well as a chemical reaction between any possible minerals in tap water and your pouring mixture.Â, Lastly, don’t forget that on top of using water on its own, you can always add it as part of the mixture along with a pouring medium whenever you need to make it more fluid. Â, Well, that was a long article and lots of info! :) If you make a purchase via the links below I receive a small commission, which helps support this site.. For high-quality paints that are super pigmented I use less than 30% of paint. Definitely, this is not the best medium for the flip-cup technique. Melbourne, Aus. Hi Tabsmark! Maintain the overall pigment to solvent or water ratios when mixing though, to make it easier to combine the finished pigment mix with the paint medium. Available in 16 and 64 fl oz, the large size is very convenient.Â. It also helps in the creation of cells. Golden Gac-800 is another professional grade acrylic pouring medium. And yes, I like the results of Floetrol and Liquitex as well. The Floetrol was the best in my opinon which is great because when I decided to try pouring I bought a gallon of it from a local big box hardware store (1 gallon for $12). The perfect ratio of paint, pouring medium and silicone with a splash of water. This is the universal question! Through trial and elimination on seeing problems on dried canvas we’ve determined the liquitex is reacting with the pva and creating clumps/clots on contact. This is a great medium to mix with acrylics. Now time to practice and do lots of pourrrrrrs! The “+” and “=” signs are there to make it more obvious which two colors you mix to produce the third. The most important Factor: The right Pouring Medium. It's ready to go. I used the same colors, same ratio. I’m going to share everything on my Youtube, and the first video with BIG comparison will be up on Thursday. Easy to guess – pouring medium is designed especially for various acrylic pouring technique. 1. To find out what are the other materials that you need to do a pour, check out this post – Acrylic Paint Pouring Supplies – Essentials and Fancy Add-ons. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. You can mix Liquitex Medium and Floetrol 1:1 or you can use Liquitex pouring medium on its own. Cheers, You don't have to do a thing. An excellent option for fluid painting from DecoArt. Hi Shannon, unfortunately, I didn’t try work with exterior paints in a pouring technique. NOTE: sometimes, when you hear other artists or me say “my pouring medium,” we mean the combination of pouring mediums used in the mixture. And when I need a certain color that is not available from Sargent, my second bet is Liquitex Basics line. Also, did you hear about artist Rinske Douna? It has a glossy finish and keeps the vibrancy of the color. What paint did you use? I would be using it on primed plywood. Although the quality of this medium is a little lower, I think it’s a good alternative to the previous two mediums as it’s much more affordable. Liquitex Pouring Medium -GAC800 Paints were poured on a 10″x10″ canvas and moved around by slanting the canvas. Floetrol by Flood is not technically an acrylic pouring medium. Olga. I’m glad you find it informative! Is this true? Without further ado, let’s get right into the comparison! I saw someone use liquitex gloss medium & varnish (together with Floetrol). The price of this one is $32+ per 32 fl oz. Might that influence the results a bit? ", "Jerry's makes my love for painting possible. I have contacted Golden with the same question and based on their answer these products are similar, but they recommend using the actual pouring medium for pouring techniques. Cells creation can be promoted with silicone. Which is why varnish/epoxy resin are very beneficial.• sometimes Floetrol liquid has small particles in a mixture that are pretty noticeable when the painting is dry. I’m interested in something that will last outside. Thanks for sharing! The paint on both canvases cracked. Stencil for Acrylic Pouring with Gel Medium, Acrylic Painting Beginners – 5 Keys to Successful Start, Painting Brush – Types, Uses, and Anatomy, •Color Theory for Acrylic Pouring – Must-Knows for Beginners, Acrylic Pour Painting – Tips and Tricks You Need to Know, Acrylic Paint Pouring Supplies – Complete Guide 2020, How to Varnish Pour Painting – From Spray to Epoxy Resin (2020), Best Budget Paint for ACRYLIC POURING (by brand) 2020, Acrylic Pour Painting – Tips and Tricks You Need to Know, Acrylic Pouring Supplies Canada – Where I buy my Goodies, Acrylic Pouring Step-by-Step Guide – How to Get Started, Acrylic Skins Roses – DIY Flowers Step-by-Step Tutorial, Acrylic Pouring Technique Videos – Complete Guide, How To Finish the BACK of the Canvas for Acrylic Pour Painting (2020), Acrylic Pouring Paint Calculator – Online Tool, Minimize Waste Involved in Acrylic Pouring. And when I do, I use distilled water only. Then find out about exterior varnish/finish to ensure the sun/rain resistance. Your art works have brightened my day! I haven’t tried the DecaArt pm yet, but some other artists I know say that it’s very similar to the Liquitex pm. reduce brush marks and to improve the flow and performance of the paint. Hi Christopher! I just love it, because I can create fantastic artwork, through this medium. It keeps each of the colours … Thanks for the great questions! Select another colour and do the same, allowing it to pour, mix … Olga! Buy on Arteza.com. I didn’t add any water for this time, and I don’t normally add it. I plan to use the Floetrol. Mix slowly into paint to avoid creating bubbles. Do you have any opinion of these material. thanks so much for this wonderful site! I poured resin in a mold then I poured acrylic paint mixed with floetrol, and pigment paint mixed with floetrol on top of the resin, but it just spread out or a part and turned out horrible. In the UK, unlike the US, Floetrol is just as expensive as Medium, so i feel I might as well buy the Liquitex. What is the difference with the Liquitex Pouring Medium. It was quite inspiring – I suddenly want to get my paint box out lol! The Floetrol has definitely created a bold effect in this experiment and of course it is the cheapest out of the three, which is why its my favorite. And if you would like to find out about other acrylic paint mediums, click here. So first, I mix it with paint as 30% paint and 70% Floetrol (approximately). I don’t know if Australian Floetrol has this problem, but maybe worth checking. The ratio of paint to Pouring Medium may differ slightly if you are using inks or another brand … Mix it with Sargent Art Acrylics and other scholastic and student acrylics. Would you be able to share pictures of your cracked paint in our Facebook group and describe your entire process as you did here? Someone just told me it’s the same thing as GAC 800. You must have JavaScript enabled in your browser to utilize the functionality of this website. What brand of paint did you use for your experiment? Some artists mix their paint with water only and don’t use any mediums at all. Different paint, as well as the ratio, will definitely change the results a bit. • the dry painting has a beautiful gloss almost a resin-like finish. Pre-mixed, Ready to Pour - This high-flow paint has the right ratio of pouring medium already mixed in, so no need to worry about prepping your paint Wide Selection of Colors - Includes metallic, neon, and … Copyright © [2020] Smart Art Materials   |  Contact Us   |    Privacy Policy    |    Affiliate DisclosureÂ, I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com, Amazon.ca and affiliated sites. But for today’s experiment, I couldn’t pass by this product, because it’s still pretty popular and takes a safe place on the market. Lovely video by the way! But also due to the fact that a good half of their paint contains heavy metals and chemicals that are cancerogenic. Would you recommend a paint brand or your personal favorites. Save time and money. I did 2 small canvas pours. The Liquitex has a nice contrast, so i would probably give it a try. POURING MEDIUM A smooth, stable, non-crazing formula - now in three finishes DISCOVER. Pouring Medium: V30392 or V30393. Finally, the most obvious way to make acrylic paint more fluid – add water! Golden acrylics will work better with GAC 800, however, I choose not to use this paint, and not only due to the price. Each artist has it’s own preferences and ratios.Â, Do not use Elmer’s Clear Glue or School Glue as the reaction is not going to be the same.Â, TIP: due to the acidic nature of glue, it might slightly yellow over time. Pool the colour in one area or create a pattern by randomly swirling the colour around the canvas. … I thought your paintings came out very beautiful. 🙂, Hi Olga, nicely done tutorial. Let us help you take the guess-work out of finding the right ingredients to mix paint for beautiful, vibrant acrylic pours! I am a big fan of Flotrol and think it’s the best thing since sliced bread. Experiment on a small piece and see how the paint flows! Regards, Troy and Nicole I can imagine how frustrating this feels! I use Floetrol a lot. When we recommend supplies for beginners, we usually recommend Floetrol and a Liquitex medium for the best results. I did try Master’s touch paint, it works pretty well, so everything should work out just great! Acrylic pouring looks very beautiful! Hi Valerie, thank you so much! I use resin as a finish layer. We actually tried a mix made of floetrol, pouring medium (liquitex) and pva. Check out the following videos for details:DecoArt PM + Floetrol NEW Acrylic Pouring RECIPE Testing.DecoArt PM + Glue Feather Technique. • this pouring medium is flexible when dry and it doesn’t craze. Try it by putting a few mil of each in a cup and mix…. Create a smooth flow of color with Sargent Art Acrylic Pouring Medium. If I do, I always add a little at the time. For the paint for pouring, 9 times out of 10 (and for this video as well) I use Sargent Acrylic Paint – https://amzn.to/2QNwGM7. The question whether it's okay to mix different brands of acrylic paints and mediums is one that comes up regularly. Therefore I do not recommend mixing cheap paint with water only because adding even 30% can be too much. Make sure you don't buy glazing medium that contains oils because … Acrylic Gouache Ultra-pigmented color, … Any suggested ratios/percent? Hi Olga, you’ve inspired us in Australia to take up paint pouring. In fact, the ratio will depend on the paint that you use due to different paint consistency and pigment load. If you are in the USA or Canada, Elmer’s Glue-All is the most popular option. Therefore it’s is recommended to add no more than 30% of water to the acrylic paint.Â. I would really appreciate if you share the results here, as it’s a really awesome thing to know and to experiment with. This price makes it perfect for all the pouring medium beginners because you don’t need to worry about wasting expensive fancy products on your experiment, trials, and fails.• it performs almost as good as any professional pouring medium. And this is my favorite thing about this pouring medium. 2. Thanks for any info you can give. Thank you very much for the this great informative comparison. Golden offers glazing liquid in satin and gloss sheens. But the answer would vary depending on the supplies that you have and techniques that you are planning to perform.
2020 mix brand pouring medium