How to Make the easiest Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Sweet Potato, Bacon, and Almonds holiday side dish. It's easy to get creative with these roasted Brussels sprouts and sweet potatoes. of the pepper. And lucky for us, Meijer makes it possible to have a huge variety of fresh produce at our fingertips year-round. Roast an additional 20 minutes. Arrange bacon in a single layer on a large baking sheet. Harissa-Orange Roasted Brussels Sprouts & Sweet Potatoes: Prepare recipe as directed, substituting 1 tsp. Good. The only fussing you may want to do is rotate the pan 180 degrees halfway through roasting to ensure even cooking. It’s a really easy dish to make and takes only about 10 minutes to prep the entire thing (giving you more time to cook everything else! Sprinkle the crushed pecans and diced … The vinegar works to brighten the flavors and beautifully finishes the dish. Drizzle olive oil then sprinkle salt, paprika, pepper, onion powder, and garlic powder over the vegetables. Now I warn you; you’ll be eating these roasted Brussels sprouts – right out of the pan! Roast for 30 minutes, turning halfway until tender. Salty bacon, sweet potatoes, and caramelized Brussels sprouts are combined in this fantastic side dish. I’m thrilled that you’re enjoying the recipe! of the salt, and 1/4 tsp. to share this post with you. Sweet potatoes and Brussels sprouts are tossed in olive oil with a splash of red wine vinegar then roasted until tender and slightly charred. The combination we can’t stop is Roasted Brussels Sprouts and Sweet Potatoes. My favorite book series is the Outlander books by Diana Gabaldon. EatingWell may receive compensation for some links to products and services on this website. Traditionally bitter brussels sprouts are roasted with sweet potatoes and tossed in a flavorful, easy-to-make, honey balsamic glaze that sweetens the deal! Transfer roasted brussels sprouts and sweet potato to a large bowl. Ah, the best part. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. A mix of pecans adds a delicious crunch to nutritious and tasty side-dish you can serve for the holidays, Thanksgiving, or any … Drizzle both the brussel sprouts and sweet potato with olive oil. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Seriously. For a quick side dish that complements just about everything, follow the main recipe. In a large bowl, combine roasted Brussels sprouts, roasted cinnamon butternut squash, cranberries, and lightly toasted pecans. Reheat: They are best reheated in the oven or toaster oven set to 375 degrees. The bacon should be crisp and the sweet potatoes and Brussels sprouts should be slightly crisp on the outside and fork-tender. I totally get it. https://www.yummly.com/recipes/roasted-brussels-sprouts-sweet-potatoes Hello! Stir to combine and spread everything across the baking sheet. pepper; toss to coat. It’s. ; ROAST Brussels sprouts are roasted for about 20-25 minutes.Smaller sprouts may cook a bit quicker, check them after 15 minutes. 4124 Highway Business 17 Unit D Murrells Inlet, SC 29576 843-344-0495 Dice sweet potatoes into small cubes (if too large they won't cook through). The burgers were good, but these luscious roasted brussels sprouts, carrots, sweet potatoes … ▢ Add a layer of foil onto another baking sheet and then lay a baking wire rack on top of it. Roast until the salt and 1/4 tsp. 1 55+ Easy Dinner Recipes for Busy Weeknights Everybody understands the stuggle of getting dinner on the table after a long day. It’s that time of year again. White potatoes may be substituted for the sweet potatoes in this recipe. If you're looking for a simple recipe to simplify your weeknight, you've come to the right place--easy dinners are our specialty. If the pieces are much larger than ½-inch, the cooking time will be longer than noted above. Spread veggies in a single layer on baking sheet. Enjoy! After the 25 minutes, toss the Brussels sprouts and sweet potatoes one last time and use a pastry brush to coat the vegetables with the maple mixture. Remove the bacon pieces from the sheet and set aside on a paper towel lined plate. It's easy to get creative with these roasted Brussels sprouts and sweet potatoes. Sprinkle with salt and pepper on top. Lemon-Za'atar Roasted Brussels Sprouts & Sweet Potatoes: Prepare recipe as directed, stirring in 1 tsp. Love your blog. After the 25 minutes, toss the Brussels sprouts and sweet potatoes one last time and use a pastry brush to coat the vegetables with the maple mixture. Use small fresh Brussels sprouts as these are typically sweeter; After washing the Brussels sprouts, dry them thoroughly with a paper towel. Chopped Brussels sprouts, carrots, sweet potatoes, carrots, and onions drizzled with olive oil, sprinkled with salt and pepper and roasted until tender. of the pepper. Place the pan into the oven to roast. Chop the garlic and add to the pan. Brussels roast just fine without the need to toss them. Why are we using it ? This simple roasted vegetables recipe combines Brussels sprouts, sweet potatoes, and feta cheese for a great side dish. Roasted quinoa, sweet potatoes and Brussels sprouts make for a perfect vegetarian and gluten-free dinner. Just because I can. You can easily make crispy roasted brussels sprouts oil-free by using 3 – 4 tablespoons aquafaba (canned chickpea juices) instead of oil. Fresh green beans or asparagus can be substituted for the Brussels sprouts in this recipe. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. A dusting of crumbled feta cheese adds a wonderful finishing touch. Roasted Sweet Potatoes & Brussels Sprouts with Honey-Balsamic Glaze is the perfect side dish for any occasion. The bacon should be crisp and the sweet potatoes and Brussels sprouts should be slightly crisp on the outside and fork-tender. Disclosure: I’ve partnered with Meijer (my favorite grocery store ever!) Step 1: Halve brussels sprouts, cube sweet potatoes, and cut half a red onion into 1″ pieces. Roast 30-35 minutes or until potatoes are fork tender. Ingredients for this recipe Wow, the colors and all my favorite flavors make me want to stick a fork into my phone! Brussels sprouts and sweet potatoes are roasted together with cranberries, pecans, and a maple balsamic glaze, getting crispy and carmelized. Toss until thoroughly coated. Pay attention to the size of the potato pieces for this recipe. It was all I could do not to eat half the pan as I was photographing it this weekend. Give it a toss. Step 2 Divide mixture between preheated pans; roast 25 minutes or until tender … When sweet potatoes have cooked for 20 minutes, remove the baking sheet and toss sweet potatoes with the brussels sprouts. My whole family enjoyed the meal. Return to the oven and roast for an additional 8 minutes. PREP Brussels Sprouts Remove any loose, torn, or discolored leaves from each sprout and trim off the bottom.Cut them in half if they are large. Roasting the brussels sprouts and sweet potato with spices gives the vegetables extra flavor. Roast until tender and browned, about 20 minutes, stirring halfway through. My husband hates brussel sprouts with passion. Place the sweet potatoes on the baking sheet and toss with a spatula to coat in the bacon grease. Also great for Thanksgiving, Christmas, Sunday Roast alternative to meat dishes. The brussel sprouts replace the stuffing and the garlic sweet potatoes replace the candy yams. Our tender roasted brussel sprouts and sweet potatoes are flavored with toasted pecans and pure maple syrup. Sausage Stuffing with Apples, Cranberries, and Herbs. A mix of pecans adds a delicious crunch to nutritious and tasty side-dish you can serve for the holidays, Thanksgiving, or any … Learn how to ace hot chocolate charcuterie boards! Step 2 Drizzle with the remaining 1 tbsp. Serve warm. Traditionally bitter brussels sprouts are roasted with sweet potatoes and tossed in a flavorful, easy-to-make, honey balsamic glaze that sweetens the deal! Add a small amount of maple syrup and toss it! We have a fantastic farmers market (we would be hard pressed not to when our county is the number one grower of many of the crops in the province; some in the entire country) and I picked up sweet potatoes, brussel sprouts at the market on Thursday. https://kalynskitchen.com/roasted-sweet-potatoes-and-brussel-sprouts Cook Time 20 mins. Roast 20 minutes more, or until the sweet potatoes are cooked through and … https://www.yummly.com/recipes/roasted-brussels-sprouts-sweet-potatoes In summer I love making lots of fresh tomato salads and no-cook sides but as the weather cools I turn on the oven again and start roasting. If not, I am really, really sorry to tell you this, but she clearly likes me WAY better than she likes you. Prep Time 5 mins. Add the partially cooked bacon to the baking sheet with the sweet potatoes and Brussels sprouts and roast an additional 10-15 minutes. https://www.mygorgeousrecipes.com/roasted-brussel-sprouts-with-bacon Try you must try our recipe for these Sweet Potatoes With Roasted Brussel Sprouts and Craisins … It combines two of our all-time favorite holiday veggie sides: sweet potatoes + Brussels sprouts. Roasted Brussels Sprouts & Sweet Potato Medley This roasted Brussels sprouts and sweet potato medley is an easy, colorful and delicious vegetable side dish that literally everyone loves! For this site, we wanted to continue that trend, but do things a little differently. Toss everything together to coat the veggies. Roasted Brussels Sprouts & Sweet Potatoes. 2 Lbs Sweet Potato cut into 1 inch cubes (about 2 large sweet potatoes) Adding the pecans, feta cheese, and balsamic reduction takes the dish to a … Fire up your oven and let it preheat while you do some prep work! To save time, roast both Brussels sprouts and butternut squash on 2 separate baking sheets at the same time, on the same rack in the oven. A dusting of crumbled feta cheese adds a wonderful finishing touch. Toss to coat evenly then spread into a single layer. Cilantro-Lime Roasted Brussels Sprouts & Sweet Potatoes: Prepare recipe as directed, substituting 1 tsp. oil and sprinkle with the remaining 1/4 tsp. Roast until tender and browned, about 20 minutes, stirring halfway through. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Offers may be subject to change without notice. Ingredients for this recipe Salty bacon, tender sweet potatoes, and caramelized Brussels sprouts are combined in this fantastic side dish. The flavors of fall on a plate – you’ll love serving these Roasted Sweet Potatoes and Brussels Sprouts with Pecans to your family or guests this holiday season. Preheat oven to 450°F. Toss all ingredients in a large bowl and place in a single layer on a parchment lined pan. Wash potatoes (do not peel) and dice into ½″ cubes. Drizzle with vinegar and toss to coat. Total Time 25 mins. Toss Brussels sprouts, sweet potatoes, oil, cumin, paprika, salt, pepper and cayenne on a large rimmed baking sheet; spread in a single layer. This makes for a wonderful Thanksgiving side dish or for other holidays and celebrations throughout the fall and winter! lime zest after roasting. SEASON Toss Brussels sprouts with oil and seasonings per recipe below. I'm also the author of three cookbooks dedicated to making cooking from scratch as simple as possible. Heat the oven (with the oven rack in the middle) to 425°F. The seasonings for this dish are best kept simple with salt and pepper. Roast in the oven for 35-40 minutes or until lightly browned. As always, all thoughts and opinions are my own. Roast, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are tender and beginning to brown, 35-40 minutes. Season well with salt and pepper. Place the sweet potatoes on the baking sheet and toss with a spatula to coat in the bacon grease. Cuisine Asian. Drizzle with oil and sprinkle with salt, red pepper flakes, and black pepper. Roasted quinoa, sweet potatoes and Brussels sprouts make for a perfect vegetarian and gluten-free dinner. Sweet Potatoes and Brussel Sprouts. (With no added sugars and just the sweetness of the potatoes, Sean happily chooses a second serving of these potatoes over dessert most of the time.). Peel and chop the sweet potatoes into chunks, then trim the brussels sprouts and remove the first … https://www.favfamilyrecipes.com/roasted-potatoes-and-brussel-sprouts Get ready for a strong, beautiful smells. All Right Reserved. Swapping a few spices and adding fresh stir-ins to coat the roasted Brussels sprouts and sweet potatoes transforms the flavor of the dish to something new, yet equally delicious. Drizzled with a citrusy mustard dressing, this dish is somewhere between a warm salad and a baked sheet pan meal. This recipe was created in partnership with Fisher Nuts. Make them Oil-Free. People who hate Brussel Sprouts were asking for 2nds and 3rds. Toss Brussels sprouts, sweet potatoes, oil, cumin, paprika, salt, pepper and cayenne on a large rimmed baking sheet; spread in a single layer. Thanks, Mary, for a great dinner idea! I have a question about the vinegar in the recipe. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. #noregrets And I fully plan on staying true to my British roots and having the leftovers as a hash with a fried egg on top for breakfast tomorrow. lime juice and 1 tsp. Course Side Dish. Genius! These two dishes were voted the favorite hands down of the entire dinner. Drizzle the sweet potato with maple syrup. This easy roasted veggies dish proves that good food can be simple and delicious. This will prevent sogginess The only change I made was to replace the red wine vinegar with balsamic pomegranate vinegar ….. Read More…. How to Make Roasted Brussels Sprouts. Adding these roasted sweet potatoes and Brussels sprouts to a bowl of hearty kale leaves, dried cranberries, feta, and a balsamic vinaigrette would be absolutely divine, or on top of a bowl of … Wash brussels sprouts and cut in half (or quarters if they’re extra large). Layer them on a baking sheet and bake until warmed through, about 10 – 15 minutes. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Grease an 11 by 17-inch baking sheet pan with extra-virgin olive oil. Perfectly roasted and slightly charred sweet potatoes and Brussels sprouts tossed in a sweet and tangy glaze --- this recipe certainly takes your typical roasted veggies up a notch! Set aside to cool. Thanks again for another delicious recipe, Mary! Our family loves Brussel sprouts would like to try this recipe to spruce up the sprouts as I do them with bacon on occasion but just on the stove slow frying them. Sprinkle generously with salt and pepper. While roasted Brussels sprouts and sweet potatoes would be delicious seasoned with salt and pepper alone, the addition of garlic and curry powder adds a dynamic flavor palette that is needed … ). These Sweet and Spicy Roasted Brussels Sprouts are a quick, easy, and healthy! Adding these roasted sweet potatoes and Brussels sprouts to a bowl of hearty kale leaves, dried cranberries, feta, and a balsamic vinaigrette would be absolutely divine, or on top of a bowl of quinoa with some sliced chicken and either a sriracha maple mayo or maple mustard drizzle. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Toss veggies well until coated with EVOO, adding more if needed. Advertisement. While sweet potatoes roast, trim stems of the brussels sprouts, cut in half, and toss with the rest of the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt, and pepper. Top Tips For Making Roasted Brussels Sprouts With Sweet Potatoes. Ways To Serve Roasted Brussels Sprouts Print Recipe Pin Recipe. Remove the bacon pieces from the sheet and set aside.
2020 roasted sweet potatoes and brussel sprouts