Here we have a shootout between the Seymour Duncan Custom Custom SH-11 and the Seymour Duncan Blackouts AHB-1 pickups. wonderful for drop D tuning. Seymour Duncan werd vorige keer onderscheiden als merk van de week bij Thomann op 11.05.2015. It's requests like these that prompted Seymour Duncan's custom shop to get to work on the originally named Custom Custom Custom — today known as the TB-14 Custom 5 Trembucker. Re: Seymour Duncan Custom Custom Tue, Mar 10, 2015 3:04pm The thing that amazes me is why duncan never decided to ride the feedback on this one and come out with a pup with tighter low end but retaining the sweet top end that this pup has. Get the guaranteed best price on Humbucker Pickups like the Seymour Duncan SH-11 Custom Custom Pickup at Musician's Friend. the JB fits the bill much better. Sep 12, 2013 #1 I just loaded a set of Duncans in this Chris Shiflett Telecaster Deluxe. This article was written by Kyle Karich , our editor located in Florida. Pinterest. And in another chapter of “what-coil-can-we-use-again?”, the Full Shred is based on the Duncan Custom. The Alnico 5 version has a sharper attack so it will be better for metal. EVH used pickups similar to these in his guitars to get his trademark brown sound. Read honest and unbiased product reviews from our users. Well, if you like to play oldschool Hard Rock/Heavy It also has the slugs on one coil, adjustable screws on the other and four conductor wiring. rockers. The official blog of Guitarism Column of Sound Magazine. Seymour Duncan Custom Custom (SH-11) Review, nienturiyuxexes guitarismgitarizmelektrogitarbarış şahin, 50-watt 4-channel solid-state guitar amplifier, drop tuning high output Nickel Plated Electric Steel Guitar Strings, Fender Announces new George Benson signature amp, Fender Select Carved Maple Top Telecaster, James Tyler Studio Elite Burning Water 2K, James Tyler Studio Elite Burning Water 2K Review, Liberator Solderless Pickup Change System, Seymour Duncan Releases The Dirty Deed Distortion Pedal, Signature #4 Jim Root Terror Head From Orange Amplification Wins Total Guitar: Amplifier Of The Year, Stolen Gear of Guthrie Govan and Dave Kilminister, The Institute of Contemporary Music Performance. WhatsApp. Great for adding fullness and warmth to any humbucker equipped instrument. The Custom, Custom Custom, and Custom 5 all sound nice dirty and clean. Get a low price and free shipping on thousands of items. Re: jrt12's Alternative 8, that's supposed to be a very hot pickup, much more so than the Custom series, IIRC. Because of the low output it is not very tight for chugging metal riffs. Timmons, Steve Stevens, Patrick Rondat etc.) Seymour Duncan Custom-Custom Humbucker Seymour Duncan. The Custom Custom has a fatter treble response than any other pickup, and that gives solos a round, sweet, singing quality. Find helpful customer reviews and review ratings for Seymour Duncan TB-5 Custom Trembucker Pickup Black at Amazon.com. Seymour Duncan SH-5 Custom Series resistance: 14.45k ohms screw (red & green): 7.14k Compared to the more common Alnico 5 magnets in most pickups these pickups are more laid back. The Alnico 2 magnet gives you a very PAF like tone. This pickup would get you a good Van Halen sound. The Seymour Duncan Custom 5 is part of a line of pickups that shows the difference a magnet swap can make. Guitar Gear Review: Seymour Duncan Custom Shop S-Deco Humbucker. I have a Custom in my LP and that's staying there for good. The concept began with a fan talking on the company’s online forum about how he’d experimented with combining coils from Duncan ’59 and Custom … Worths buying, you oldschool Now, there are people that think the 78 is just a … 4 user reviews on Seymour Duncan SH-14 Custom 5. subdirectory_arrow_left Gear and instruments {{parentCat.categoryName_sPlural}} subdirectory_arrow_left Humbucker guitar pickups I was able to get a warm, clear, clean sound (yes, it is possible even for an Ibanez RG). hi-gain” lovers, sorry for you, CC is not the best option. information, as always; Tonally speaking, it is dark or I'm trying out a Distortion now just for fun. It's really dependent on whether you prefer the ceramic or Alnico II magnets, in your case. Seymour Duncan calls this a "hot PAF", though it's wound with 43 AWG wire , which has become a characteristic of "hot" humbuckers that tend not to be compared to PAFs these days. It also features a ceramic magnet, which is considered very un-PAF these days. By using our services, you agree to our use of cookies. I buy for the handle, the shape, the wood used and the vibrato, so I planned to change the mic on the first day). Many guitar manufacturers choose SD as their pickups of choice, and if you are lucky enough to score a Gibson Custom Shop Billy Gibbons 'Pearly Gates' Les Paul, then it's a pair of Seymour Duncan Pearly Gates Humbuckers that will come supplied on that guitar. Heck if I know. It was nicknamed The Tele-Gib and he used in on songs like “Cause we’ve ended as lovers” and he was seen playing it on the “Secrets Policeman’s Ball” video. What does S-Deco mean? the custom has a bit more tight bass response, more agressive, grinding mids, more singing highs, not so shreeking and shrill. for the neck pickup, im now choosing between the Jazz and 59. still, i want something that sounds bright in clean and also good for distortion. If you dream it, we can build it. It is like the pickup cannot keep up with the playing. with your bridge humbucker and Joined Feb 9, 2008 Messages 11,950 Reaction score 10,085. The Seymour Duncan Custom Shop has been creating custom guitar pickups since 1976. I installed it on Gibson Flying V to replace the 500T (micro bridge) which is also in ceramics, OK I admit I … what to play with CC? Its also hum-canceling (well... less hum than stock pickups). I love the JB though in my chambered les paul. Duncan Custom seems Muddy to me right now... (So does the 59n... but that's a dark pup anyways). Seymour Duncan's SH-11 Custom Custom humbucking pickup really shines when used in brighter-sounding guitars in need of an output boost. Then the Pearly Gates and the Duncan Custom came out in 1979. the custom I had was VERY mushy and warm. Read honest and unbiased product reviews from our users. $89.00) (No reviews yet) Write a Review SKU: SH11. It came into being by members of the Seymour Duncan forum’s Pickup Lounge.Here, members took these well-loved pickups and wanted to see what would happen if the … Read honest and unbiased product reviews from our users. I switched to those on my Hamer when I had the Custom in … they said the JB doesn't sound good on all guitars and that you'd have to take the risk. Or not so clear I should say. Metal, Classic Rock or even 80s Rock like Van Halen, Aerosmith, AC-DC, that’s darker sounding, medium to high output humbucker, first of all. lack of bass response or way too muddy, you, too, might have some problems with Darth Phineas - August 7, 2016. 11 on your amp and play your favourite Savatage riff. Duncan specifically suggests Custom Custom (, Because of several reasons like Buy it now at http://customshop.seymourduncan.com/78-model/Using the SD CS '78 to achieve some 1978-79 era hard rock tones. I had a Custom in my Jackson for awhile, and the lead sound was fantastic. Find helpful customer reviews and review ratings for Seymour Duncan SH-5 Duncan Custom Guitar Pickup White at Amazon.com. At its root, it’s the offspring of two very popular Duncan humbuckers. If you can find them, try DR's Pure Blues strings. Yes, it is true: The Custom 5 has the same wind as the Custom Custom and the less-obviously named Custom. the JB feels there very at home, very 'comfy'. Seymour Duncan’s wide catalog has many more quality pickups, and we’ll be doing reviews of specific models in the future. The Custom Custom is a Custom but with an Alnico II magnet installed. In contrast if your guitar naturally has dark qualities you may want to balance this out with a brighter pickup. Get the guaranteed best price on Humbucker Pickups like the Seymour Duncan SH-11 Custom Custom Pickup at Musician's Friend. Eddie Van Halen needs some tonal help pickup-wise, hence he goes to Seymour Duncan to make something new for his new tonal concepts to brand new Van Halen record. Get a low price and free shipping on thousands of items. The Custom Custom is a Custom but with an Alnico II magnet installed. want something never goes ear-hurting, you will adore Custom Custom. The SH14 Custom 5 Humbucker Pickup was developed by visitors to the Seymour Duncan web user group who replaced the ceramic or Alnico 2 magnet in an SH-5 Custom or SH-11 Custom Custom pickups with an Alnico 5. (This content has been automatically translated from French). Amp: Road King I, Ch3 (orange) Raw, 2x6L6, Bold, Silicone Diode. This pickup can be good at anything from Jazz to hard rock or really early metal. If you’re not 100% pleased with the sound of your Seymour Duncan pickups, … Since it is so great for these types of music it is not too great for metal. The new Seymour Duncan 59/Custom Hybrid has an interesting beginning compared to many other humbucker designs.First created by a member of the Seymour Duncan community forum, it was born from two different pickups.The classic 59 Bridge screw coil, with thicker 42 gauge wire, and the modern Custom slug coil, utilising the thinner 43 gauge wire. Both guitars have similiar characteristics, woods and construction. The Seymour Duncan Custom is one of the first Seymour Duncan models released, but its tone is one that is still very functional today. Perfect for practically any genre, the SH-11 Custom Custom responds extremely well to maple and ebony fingerboards, bringing vintage tone with plenty of attack to the table. I would definitely get this one again. Many people find that it is not tight enough for metal. I too like the Custom, and I agree about the fizzyness in the highs. It owns. This pickup pair is precisely like the pickups in the original "TeleGib," with a long-legged bottom plate, single-conductor wire, and Alnico-V magnets in the neck pickup, and Alnico-II in the bridge. The SH14 Custom 5 Humbucker Pickup was developed by visitors to the Seymour Duncan web user group who replaced the ceramic or Alnico 2 magnet in an SH-5 Custom or SH-11 Custom Custom pickups with an Alnico 5. melodic parts (you know, think of the music of Joe Satriani, Neil Zaza, Andy Seymour W. Duncan suggests this tip on Q&A section of Duncan website; “This is a trick I’ve seen Jeff Beck do on a guitar I built for him during the 70’s. Read user reviews for Seymour Duncan SSL6 Custom Flat Pro Strat Single-Coil and see over 325,000 product reviews at zZounds.com. Its part of Seymour Duncans project to swap out magnets in their pickups to get cool new sounds. If your guitar naturally has bright qualities you may want to balance this out this a darker pickup. The SH-14 Custom Five might look like many other pickups, but you can order it to look almost any way you want. the custom there, just didn't feel right. Find helpful customer reviews and review ratings for Seymour Duncan TB-11 Custom Custom Trembucker Pickup, Black Cover at Amazon.com. The Seymour Duncan Custom is the original pickup in the line of pickups that shows the difference a magnet swap can make. Find helpful customer reviews and review ratings for Seymour Duncan SH-5 Duncan Custom Guitar Pickup Black at Amazon.com. Buy it now at http://customshop.seymourduncan.com/78-model/Using the SD CS '78 to achieve some 1978-79 era hard rock tones. Look no further. It still has the same slugs on one coil, adjustable screws on the other and four conductor wiring. What sounds can be achieved or Re: Finally bought the Duncan Custom.....short review a rosewood neck would be darker. Read honest and unbiased product reviews from our users. And it's not just about replacements. The Custom has a ceramic magnet installed inside. By. I had a Custom in my Jackson for awhile, and the lead sound was fantastic. Lets Check out the Seymour Duncan SH-5 and Jazz Pickup Set. Cookies help us improve performance, enhance user experience and deliver our services. Thread starter JK47; Start date Dec 14, 2016; JK47 Member. It owns. If you are looking for a nice vintage feeling pickup and dont intend on playing heavy metal on it the Custom Custom SH-11 is a good choice for you. Seems like you can dig up as many theories on the background of … It is great for standard tuning and also And, yes, Find helpful customer reviews and review ratings for Seymour Duncan TB-11 Custom Custom Trembucker Pickup, Black Cover at Amazon.com. Read honest … That’s why Short comparation of these humbuckers using a Cort M600 and a Harley Benton SC Custom. All the frequencies are not as in your face as on most pickups. While the difference in tone may be extremely subtle, each pickup definitely has its own character. alnico II magnet and windings, the CC is not as aggressive as typical high output “todays metal (. SH-11 Custom Custom, Humbucker guitar pickup from Seymour Duncan in the Medium Output Humbuckers series. Messages 2,327. Now normally to do magnet swaps we would have to partially disassemble the pickup. In honor of our 35th Anniversary, the Seymour Duncan Custom Shop is proud to offer the JB/Jazz Concept set. Into Tube Screamer (0-10 scale): Gain 0, Tone 5, Level 10. If you liked this article, feel free to read more . Facebook. Impressive... Like i’ve said, if you play Compared to the SH-5 and SH-11, the Custom 5's tone is more vintage, with less distortion, but it's still very strong and powerful. This pickup is a Duncan Custom but with an Alnico 2 magnet installed. The ’59/Custom Hybrid humbucker isn’t your typical Seymour Duncan offering. Re: Custom 5 vs Custom custom strange, I still don't like the duncan custom,but I do like the fullshred+ (my name for a fullshred with a ceramic magnet), and I do like the custom5 and CC. As far as i know, the story of Custom Custom (SH-11) begins with the meeting of Mr.Seymour Duncan and Eddie Van Halen in the first half of the 80s. For the “modern mid scooped Or you may want to exaggerate these qualities entirely. Thread starter gibsonguitar1988; Start date Sep 12, 2013; G. gibsonguitar1988 Senior Member. A middle ground was found with “Full Shred”. I think it has a very good, clear and articulate lead sound. your humbucker. Within the Duncan catalog at that time, there were pickups like the 59 Model that came out in 1978. Google+. I'm trying out a Distortion now just for fun. Re: JB vs Custom the custom doesnt have that annoying, almost nasal quality the JB has. It improved my guitar as much as a pickup change can. Guitarra: Washburn X50 Pro Amplificador Orange Dual … CC shreds. Current Stock: Quantity: Decrease Quantity: Increase Quantity: Add to Wish List. This true all–'round bridge pickup covers the gamut of musical settings you're likely to … The Custom Custom was derived from the Custom by removing the ceramic magnet and replacing it with an Alnico II. Smooth bottom end - very aggressive top end. I think it has a very good, clear and articulate lead sound. 13 user reviews on Seymour Duncan SH-5 Duncan Custom . If your guitar is Seymour Duncan Pickups - It's all about tone! Review Captador Seymour Duncan Custom Custom SH-11 Humbucker, vintage, Alnico II, saida alta, 4 condutores. It … Read honest and unbiased product reviews … Compared to the SH-5 and SH-11, the Custom 5's tone is more vintage, with less distortion, but it's still very strong and powerful. I'm relying on reviews and sound clips from the web. Re: Reviews on the SH5 Duncan Custom pickup Ask Jolly for his LP with Custom clip. Pair it with the Jazz model or Pearly Gates model in the neck position for a balanced, versatile setup. If you dream it, we can build it. The Custom 5 is a pickup for those who like the basic sound of the "JB" but want it to have more low-end power. Create New Wish List; Share This Article. Re: Reviews on the SH5 Duncan Custom pickup Ask Jolly for his LP with Custom clip. Find helpful customer reviews and review ratings for Seymour Duncan SH14 Custom 5 Alnico Humbucker Pickup at Amazon.com. Email. Seymour Duncan Custom Custom (SH-11) Review of Guitarism. [Comments] I was looking to help my guitar to be more versitile, this pickup did the trick! The Duncan company wasn’t quite ready for a product names quite that extreme in 1987. Seymour Duncan Custom Shop Greenie Review. (And I'm not even partial to bridge 'buckers clean.) It still has the same slugs on one coil, adjustable screws on the other and four conductor wiring. in my opinion. I have a Custom in my LP and that's staying there for good. Overall it retains nice subtly warm tone in general, perfect tone balance, sustain and off course sensitivity. The Custom 5 is a Custom but with an Alnico 5 magnet installed, hence it's name. It is always important to match the pickup you are choosing properly with the guitar you want to put it in. An Inside Look Into The Seymour Duncan Custom Shop with Seymour W. Duncan, Maricela "MJ" Juarez and Derek Duncan. The Seymour Duncan Custom Custom is part of a line of pickups that shows the difference a magnet swap can make. But the rest of the world can be very happy. Seymour Duncan '59/Custom Hybrid review. This pickup gets the same lose feel and heavy mids that Van Halen had in his sound.
2020 seymour duncan custom custom review