echo "1" > geek.txt. The bash on ubuntu on windows uses utf8 code page, and the cmd.exe usually uses another code page. To reset it you can type following command to make text color white bash $] tput setaf 7. or to reset everything again text modes bash $] tput sgr0. Terminals and console have a fixed font size. Here is the screen shot. I've implemented a custom bash prompt by exporting PS1 in my .bashrc, but I'm using a unicode character that appears very small unless the font size is changed. echo is a shell builtin in Bash and dash (/bin/sh).If you run echo from the command line you are using the Bash builtin, if you are running your shell script with sh you are using the Dash builtin.. Unfortunately that means text looks ridiculous. 08-07-2006, 10:23 AM #2: sabit. i tried playing with echo (commented out) but was not able to get the next set of zeroes to start on a new column..is there an easy way to do this without modifying the above script too much? i want to change the default bash shell font size to a bigger font size.if possible i also want to change the default font. I am creating a program that will echo each entry in a given directory. bash $] tput setaf 1 You will see your text color will turn red. echo [option(s)][string(s)] Now, we shall see the different ways in which we can output the text on the terminal. To output any string or number or text on the terminal, type the following command and press enter. It is a good idea and common practice to have a secondary font available. Distribution: Gentoo. plz tell which file(.bash_profile or .bashrc)should i modify ,and how to achieve this. If you don’t force du to use a particular block size, it follows a set of rules to decide which one to use. My program below will echo the files in the given directory. The dash version of echo doesn't know the -e option but just outputs anything verbatim without any special handling for \ sequences.. sans-serif is a backup font in case the visitor's browser does not recognize arial. Registered: Dec 2004. If the entry is a directory it will echo how many items are in that directory. Instead you can use something like figlet or toilet to display large text using other characters (once upon a time the banner command). > example.bat (creates an empty file called "example.bat") echo message > example.bat (creates example.bat containing "message") echo message >> example.bat (adds "message" to a new line in example.bat) (echo message) >> example.bat (same as above, just another way to write it) Output to path These aren't supported by all terminals, though. Send Text to Standard Output. in jscheuer's line font: normal 48px arial, sans-serif; the 48px is the size equivalent of font size = "18". We can't change it permanently, that is very annony. After a lot of dirty works, I still could not get it work, and finally this font comes to rescue, set it to cmd.exe and the wsl/bash separatelly. If the entry in the directory is a file, it will echo its size. Member . Is there a way to change only the font size of that single character to a larger one so as to make it more clearly visible? echo "Hello World" Ways to create a file with the echo command: echo. ... You can specify which block size it should use on the command line. thnx. Same things you can use in your bash script to colorize output. The only things you can change about text displayed on the command line are the color and the background color using ANSI escape codes. ... By default, echostarts a new line after it displays the text it needs to write to the terminal window. According to the Linux documentation, the following is the syntax for echo command. whatever statement that is going to be added is shown by the comment. You can change the terminal settings or the resolution of the console in some way or another, but this won't give you the desired effect of a single bigger echo output. Create following sample bash script for colourize echo: #try.sh But it's not possible to change the font size for a single line, same as you can't switch to a non-monospaced font.