Cook without turning for 4-5 minutes, or until hot dogs begin to turn golden brown on bottom. But that led me to this: https://www.hot-dog.org/culture/hot-dog-fast-facts where I learned that I should avoid packages with “variety meats” or “with meat by-products.” Just a personal choice! Bring pasta sauce and water to boil in large saucepan. However, truth be told, I now prefer them in this pasta salad! Cook without turning for 4-5 minutes, or until hot dogs begin to turn … The best thing to do with all the time you just freed up? For the sauce, mix aside the mayo in a bowl with mustard, white pepper, black pepper, salt, oregano, basil, olive oil, and balsamic vinegar and mix until fused together. 🙂, David, you must have found the old fashion kind that came (and still does) come in cans. Place pasta, hot dog, onions, sweet corn in a large bowl. GASP! It really doesn’t get any better than that. I’d love to try those…too bad we can’t get ’em here in the States. I was sufficiently impressed with the results to share it with you. I’d much prefer to grill hot dogs in my backyard any day, though! I’m glad you’re here! A hot dog by itself can be boring. I preferred them leftover from the grill the night before, but I’ve eaten ’em both ways. Top with hot dogs, onions, pickles, peppers … 🙂. Walking to Wrigley, eating hot dogs, drinking beers and then eating doughnuts? The sweetness and saltiness and tube-iness of hot dogs makes them a viable option for a salad inspired by a Thai yum goon chiang, which is typically … Southwest Pasta Salad. Tasty Is Not Terrific. There are vegetarian versions of this salad, but the salad tends to be served with meat. Problem is you’ll likely have to order ’em online. Close the jar and shake it will until you get vinaigrette (a white emulsion)and pour it in the bowl. 46.1 g They have a casing that snaps when you bite into it. But, I’m thinking of making this with our weinerkorv and serving to some of my unexpecting Swedish friends. Cook the pasta in salted water according to the package instructions. Maybe I’ll have to pick up a can to see if my memory serves! SO good! Just trust me here. Hah.) I haven’t been to a major league baseball game in about 4-5 years myself. Drain and run under cold water to … Turn off the pot, and add the pasta, the marinara sauce, the water, the cream, the hot dogs, and the olives. Flip and continue cooking for 4-5 minutes, or until other side also turns golden brown. When the pasta is done and refrigerated, add the hotdogs, sweet corn, the shredded carrots, pickles, and the sauce mixture on top. David, I’ve got to admit I’ve never been an American hot dog fan, but put them in a pasta salad and why not. In fact, I chased that rabbit down a hole a while back…it’s a dangerous rabbit to chase on the internet! But then I remembered you have a kiddo. Thanks so much, Neil! Lil S is a huge fan of pasta + dogs/sausage, so I know she’d be all over this – especially love the tangy twist those sport peppers add into this! Grain-Based Salads Cooked grains are the foundation for a number of salads that complement hamburgers. Ok, I’m in. Ha! There ya go! Thanks so much, my friend, and I hope your week is off to a good start! The summer season encompasses so many things, everything from the outdoors, food, travel, sports, and overall fun. From crunchy slaw and At first I thought you were kidding with this recipe. This hot dog pasta salad takes me back to my student days David. Plus, there are so many delicious, fresh, and crunchy options that are healthier, too—recipes that come together in the same amount of time it takes to grill burgers. share. In a large bowl, combine noodles, celery and green onion. No one around our area had ever heard of them! Pour dressing over the pasta and toss gently with two spoons until the pasta is fully covered with the dressing and all the ingredients are mixed well together. Chill for a couple of hours in the refrigerator before serving or over night. Add as much pasta water as you would like to thin the sauce if you think it is necessary. Add some grated parmesan before serving if you wish. Cook pasta according to package instructions. Using a large skillet, add hot dogs and place over medium-high heat. So weinerkorv, eh? Put the fusilli, caper, carrots, peas and hot dogs in. Grill out some hot dogs this weekend…and make some extras for this pasta salad. This pasta salad is incredible! Talk about delicious summer eats right there! I loved this salad, and I’m ready for another batch now. Pasta and Dogs: What You NEED to Avoid. Simmer on medium-low heat 7 to 8 min. We have a couple favorites that we make every year, and I’m just waiting for the excuse to make a batch. It’s seriously delicious, and a great way to enjoy the summer picnics. I’m thinking you’d like sport peppers, too, Kelsie. You can see an image here http://www.lithells.se/produkter/wienerkorv-750g/. Pasta salad with tuna, capers & balsamic dressing 8 ratings 4.4 out of 5 star rating Update tuna pasta salad by skipping the mayo and adding balsamic vinegar, olive oil, colourful tomatoes and celery I love the way you incorporated the mustard into the dressing. Try one of our tasty ideas for lunches, picnics and sides. 🙂, Not sacrilege at all, David! ‘Merica! I agree with your husband about what goes into hot dogs. And you’ll likely have to order those sport peppers. And I’ve had some pretty terrible hot dogs at picnics in the past. Pasta needn't be served hot. Leftover pasta, despite being cheap and convenient, is a poor choice. You got to try one someday you’ll be converted. Dogs can eat cooked pasta as long as it is plain pasta and not covered in sauce. Grill hot dogs uncovered 4 to 5 inches from medium heat 8 to 10 minutes, turning frequently, until hot and slashes begin to open. This time we are having: Homemade Hot Dogs and Pasta Salad! Take a small glass jar and add vinegar and oil in it. Hotdogs with sticky roasted onions. Add the garlic, and saute another minute or two. Cold Pasta and Potato Salads: Southwest Pasta Salad. I’m not a huge baseball fan, although going to games in person is a lot of fun. You’re totally right, Mimi! At first I figured it was from the internet, but when I went looking with all my usual searching tools, I couldn't find it, so maybe it just showed up as an email virus attachment and parked itself in my recipe file, quietly waiting until I went insane enough to look for a salad recipe using hot dogs. 🙂 Sounds good to me! Cook macaroni according to package directions, just until tender. Oh, and kids seem to like this quite a lot as well. I’ll need to make it just for them. I guess this cold hot dog would have been a great addition to my cold mashed potatoes, right? - 6 ounces macaroni or other small salad-type pasta - 5 hot dogs, boiled and sliced in rounds (or smaller bits for young children to avoid choking hazard) - 1/2 cup mayonnaise - 1 tablespoon yellow mustard (no substitutes) - 2 teaspoons cider vinegar - salt and pepper (may omit) - 1/3 cup thinly sliced sweet gherkins If small children will be eating this, cut the circles in halves or quarters to avoid choking hazards. Place hot dogs and pasta in large bowl and add remaining ingredients. I asked around our area, and I just got a lot of blank looks. Best of all, plates and cutlery are optional Rinse in cold water. Welcome (back) to another ASMR Mukbang with AnneSMR Foodie! Enjoy your fast food hot dog salad. Did you make a batch of this Chicago Hot Dog Pasta Salad at home?  Leave a comment and let me know.  Or snap a photo and tag me on Instagram (@Spicedblog)! Pour dressing over salad and toss until well coated. Pour dressing over and toss gently with two spoons until all the bits are coated with dressing. Hotdogs are quick and easy, and always a hit with friends. Love this! Maybe?? Applegate Naturals Turkey Hot Dogs contain 98% turkey and water; the other ingredients are salt, paprika, onion, garlic, cardamom, coriander, mace, ginger, black pepper, celery juice powder and cherry powder for flavor. Haha, well thank you very much, Alexandra! Sometimes certain foods appeal to us at the ultimate comfort food. Log in or sign up to leave a … Chill for a couple of hours in the refrigerator before serving or over night. Haha! It does sound pretty cool! Add Cheese Sauce Mix, milk and wieners; mix well. 8 comments. Sit back, relax, and browse hundreds of my favorite recipes from easy appetizers to weeknight meals and everything in between. I know that sounds terrible, but just try it out. This is a fun recipe and I especially love the addition of the pickles and peppers. A fresh wienerkorv is thinner in diameter and at least 50% longer than an American hotdog. Meanwhile, brush the asparagus, zucchini and eggplant with 2 tablespoons of the olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Well, that and our Very Best Potato Salad!In fact, we often serve it as a meal when it’s super hot outside, and it often makes an appearance on all of our camping trips! There are plenty of good reasons why hot dogs are such a popular summertime staple: They’re tasty, they’re cheap and they’re incredibly easy to prepare. I hope you like baseball, although, I’m not even sure that matters if you like hot dogs and beer. Box 609 Summerton, SC 29148 803-485-3550 Fax: 803-485-3205 (A bad hot dog on the other hand? 🙂. )  I’ve only had a Chicago dog once, and it was in the Chicago airport so it probably doesn’t count for much.  I’m sure my buddy Jeff could direct me to some pretty awesome hot dog stands in Chicago whenever I make it back. I thought this concept was nuts, but it actually works. Greek Pasta Salad with Crab and Feta. The original recipe for this - which I've modified a bit - has been sitting in my computer recipe file for a long time - and I have no idea where it came from. Isn’t it funny how a lot of foods taste better once left to marinate overnight? Pasta salad and hot dog penguins. 🙂 Thanks so much, Valentina! Like ever ever forever? Macaroni salad is easily my all time favorite summer side dish. They are usually up for delicious pasta, but you should be extra choosy with food scraps. Thanks so much, my friend! I also challenge you to try this pasta salad with cold hot dogs. And that means hot dogs, hamburgers and all of the yummy summer side dishes. or until macaroni is tender, stirring occasionally. Whether you’re looking for a side dish for hamburgers and hot dogs or grilled chicken and BBQ ribs, something on this list is sure to satisfy! http://www.lithells.se/produkter/wienerkorv-750g/, https://www.hot-dog.org/culture/hot-dog-fast-facts. Cheddar, Corn, and Bacon Potato Salad from Family Food on the Table. 🙂. Pasta salad and hot dog penguins. Fusion food. Also, thanks a million times over for the shout-out. My boys would be huge fans of this pasta! This is a super fun riff on classic pasta salad. With a nod to the Windy City, this Chicago Hot Dog Pasta Salad is a tasty way to celebrate warm summer days in the backyard! 1 conchiglie (shells) pasta Hot dogs (beef or pork) 1 Shredded Carrot Sweet corn 5 cucumber pickles cut into tiny pieces 2 tea spoons Salt This is a meal all in one! Add some grated parmesan before serving if you wish. I’d totally forgotten about those cold hot dogs until I made this Chicago Hot Dog Pasta Salad.  Certain cities/regions just have iconic foods, and Chicago is known for it’s Chicago-style hot dogs.  (Yes, Chicago is also known for it’s pizza, but today we’re focusing on the city’s iconic hot dog toppings. Make tabbouleh, a Middle Eastern salad … Genius. Oh, I totally know what you mean about student staples. Instead of pasta salad, Bobby mixes up a cool simple salad of quinoa, grilled asparagus and aged goat cheese dressed with a red wine vinaigrette. Heat the remaining 1 tablespoon vegetable oil in a large … A good hot dog is amazing…especially when it’s grilled on a hot summer day! ‘Merica! Pimento Cheese Dip from The Food Charlatan. The closest we found in the US to Swedish wienerkorv was Boar’s Head uncured pork & beef frankfurters. I understand where you’re coming from, Ron. Regardless, I can definitely see this making an appearance at a get together, especially if the Cubs make it to the playoffs this year. Very few buy those and I’ve not tried them. Using a medium bowl, whisk all ingredients together. Pair these turkey dogs with some pasta salad, green salad or othercold dishes perfect for hot summer days. This pasta salad might sound a bit odd, but it’s a really tasty one for sure! Total Carbohydrate I bet they love it. In a bowl, toss together cabbage and mixed greens. German Potato Salad from Fervent Foodie. Pepperoni Pasta Salad Posted by 1 day ago. Remove hot dogs from heat and set aside. This pasta salad is definitely a celebration of summer in ‘Merica! Make 1/4-inch-deep diagonal slashes 1/2 inch apart in each hot dog. Cook on medium heat 1 to 2 min. If the sauce has become too thick, add a tablespoon or two of the pasta water and toss. Ingredients: Hot dogs Pasta Linguine Tomatoes Onions Garlic Olive oil Oregano Thyme Parsley Basil Parmesan Salad Spring mix Olive oil Balsamic vinegar Honey Salt Pepper Oregano Thyme Lemon balm Mint Basil Lavender Sage Parsley Directions: Start with the sauce, it will take a few hours to reduce. All of the favorite toppings from a Chicago dog…in pasta salad form. Slice the hot dogs lengthwise about three-quarters of the way through; open like a book. I’ve never heard of sport peppers, let alone eaten one, but I love pepperoncini so I bet I’d love sport peppers too. I remember eating them as a kid, and I seem to recall them being fairly average in taste. Italian food recipes have a lot of garlic and tomato in them, both of which are toxic to dogs and can even cause your dog to die. I’m humbled and smiling from ear to ear. So what are sport peppers?  They’re small chili peppers with a mild to medium level of heat.  They look a little bit like serrano peppers, but they don’t seem to be as hot (at least not the jar I bought).  They’re also pickled in vinegar, so they bring a unique (and tasty) addition to this Chicago Hot Dog Pasta Salad.  According to some internet message boards, there is a subset of Chicagoans who substitute pepperoncini for sport peppers on their hot dogs.  Pepperoncini are certainly much easier to find (check next to the pickles in your grocery store), so I suspect they would work for this pasta salad, too. Let’s call it ‘fusion food.’ 😉. Watching at home? Dogs, by their nature, are typically opportunistic eaters. macaroni or 6 oz other small salad-type pasta, hot dogs, boiled and sliced in rounds (or smaller bits for young children to avoid choking hazard), mayonnaise, yellow mustard (no substitutes), cider vinegar, salt and pepper (may omit), sliced sweet gherkin, green onions, thinly sliced (use both green and white parts) or 1/8 cup chopped yellow onion This pasta salad is a fun one for sure, Kathy. Bet this would go over so well at a get together and disappear in no time. Eating a Chicago dog is almost ritualistic, so it’s important to get all those things right. Turn off the heat, add the cooked pasta and toss to coat. So a cold, cooked hot dog sounds pretty good. And if you want to squeeze some ketchup on top of this pasta salad, I won’t tell anyone. I can absolutely attest to the authenticity of your ingredients, right down to the celery salt. I was right there with ya on the cold hot dogs, Kelly! Cook shell pasta in the boiling water, stirring occasionally, until cooked through but firm to the bite, 8 minutes. Close. Combine mayonnaise, mustard, vinegar and salt & pepper in small bowl. Peppers in strips, stuffed green olives, mayonnaise, red onions, two boiled … Ingredients. As fate would have it, one of the best doughnut shops in the city happens to have an outlet in Wrigleyville, should you need further incentive. Even if a source does not contain anything blatantly toxic, acidic foods like pasta sauce can … I know it might sound odd, but this pasta salad is seriously delicious! (Grilled and then chilled. There you go! Required fields are marked *, Hi, I’m David — blogger, recipe developer, and food guru here at Spiced! 11/4 Cup of pasta "coditos"unbleached. And then you go to room-temp or warmed. Eh. Cold hot dogs sound silly when I talk about ’em, but man do those take me back to high school lunches. Add cooked pasta and hot dogs; toss until well combined. Make a slew of simple sides for hot dogs. Add the potato puffs and whole pepperoncini. Local growers debut carrot hot dogs, pasta, chips ... which made a high-profile turn away from refrigerated juices and premium salad dressings. Also, I’m all about pasta salad season, too! 90% Upvoted. Chill for two hours or longer in … (So is peanut butter…although peanut butter and hot dogs don’t really mix. Ingredients: Two medium dogs. I love getting Dodger Dogs when I go to games. Cold mashed potatoes? This easy homemade Macaroni Salad will be the hit of your celebration. If you’re looking for a unique and fun pasta salad for a summer party, then look no further!  With a nod to the Windy City, this Chicago Hot Dog Pasta Salad is a tasty way to celebrate warm summer days in the backyard!  Enjoy! Isn’t it funny how time flies? Loaded Antipasto Pasta Salad. That sounds awesome! READ MORE –>. But still not the same. Cold Vegetable and Fruit Salads: Add a lid to the skillet and let the pasta sit for 2 minutes. get free recipes & exclusive content delivered to your inbox! It is a cold pasta salad and intended to be served chilled. The noodle salad gained popularity in the 70s when convenience food was popular, and since then never came out of fashion. So, if the pasts that you’ve made contains any of these ingredients, it’s best to keep it away from your furry friend. I haven’t had those since I was a kid! That sounds a little strange to me, but then again cold hot dogs sound strange, too. Healthy recipes - discover ChampsDiet healthy recipes, including healthy breakfasts, lunches, dinners and snacks. I’ve heard about the Amazon Go store, but I haven’t had the chance to check it out. Combine mayonnaise, mustard, vinegar and salt & pepper in small bowl. But I would love to have again soon in the form of this pasta salad! Looking for more tasty pasta salads?  Check out these other favorites, too: Smoked Mozzarella Pasta Salad Easy . Refrigerate hot dog pieces. Take a salad bowl. Now with that said, I love Swedish and Danish weinerkorv, but it’s a different animal. Your email address will not be published. In a large bowl, add tomatoes, sport peppers, onion, relish and dill pickles; toss until well combined. Thanks so much, Marissa! Loved ’em! Italian Antipasti Salad, Haven’t had a hot dog in FOREVER! 1140 South Dukes Street P.O. Love the dressing as well. I’m adding this to my list to try out at summer BBQs. Hot Dog Pasta Salad - More like this Ingredients (8) : 6 ounces macaroni or other small salad-type pasta 5 hot dogs, boiled and sliced in rounds (or smaller bits for young children t... (more) 0 And this pasta salad? For example: Loaded Antipasto Pasta Salad is the perfect side dish to serve with grilled hot dogs at your next BBQ. Hot dogs are some of the easiest things to throw on the grill. Cheers, my friend! What a fun twist and perfect for the upcoming bbq season! As we previously stated, many sauces contain things that are toxic to dogs. Have to have a look out for those peppers. 21 July 4th Salad Recipes to Serve With Your Burgers and Dogs When I choose hot dogs, I always choose the 100% Beef variety, like these Ball Park® Park’s Finest Signature Seasoned 100% all beef franks. I’m sure you have much more delicious options than the canned ones here in the States. In fact, I’m ready for another batch! My favorite part of the hot dog is all the toppings. Cut completely through slashes. Alongside all of those, however, were my beloved side dishes: potato salad, chips, grilled veggies, and, of course, pasta salad. Mix well. Haha, never any credibility lost my friend! Peel and chop hard boiled eggs. or until sauce is well blended and wieners are heated through, stirring constantly. It’s been about 4 years. Bring on the summer pasta salads!! Salad can be served immediately or refrigerated and served cold. I meant to say “so long as you like hot dogs and beer.”, And of course I like hot dogs and beer. 150. And then turn the whole thing into a pasta salad? 🙂, Alexandra @ It's Not Complicated Recipes says. I couldn’t agree more about Amazon grocery prices, but their convenience cannot be beat! Pour dressing over and toss gently with two spoons until all the bits are coated with dressing. Chill for two hours or longer in refrigerator before serving. Of course, you live down in pepper country, so maybe?? Best Hot Dogs in Myrtle Beach, Coastal South Carolina: Find 2,580 Tripadvisor traveller reviews of THE BEST Hot Dogs and search by price, location, and more. I appreciate the offer, and perhaps a return trip to Chicago will have to happen. Forever? Pasta salads are a must for summer! Other classic toppings on a Chicago Hot Dog include yellow mustard, white onions, pickle relish, tomato slices, celery salt and a dill pickle spear.  I took a few liberties with the translation here, but all of those flavors are included in this pasta salad.  Heck, I even included some poppy seeds in the dressing as a Chicago Dog is typically served on a poppy seed bun.  All in all, this pasta salad was downright delicious!  Laura and I definitely ate this for lunch for a couple days in a row, and (like most pasta salads) this one tasted even better after it sat overnight. Most of the time we think about potato salad, coleslaw, and baked beans, but one popular item you’ll find at your picnic are pasta side dishes! This pasta salad makes a quick and healthy lunch, or is perfect prepared ahead for a picnic or lunchbox 5 mins . Haha! Haha! They did add a nice pop of flavor there, though. Now if only that store had Hot Dog Pasta Salad… 🙂, Your email address will not be published. 11/4 Cup of pasta "coditos"unbleached. And the cold hot dogs in this pasta salad? Have a great week! A cold hot dog (grilled and then chilled) sounds super strange, but boy does it take me back to high school lunches! Ha! Eh.). Opportunities just seem to present themselves more during the summer months. My childhood memories: enjoying leftover mashed potatoes. Don't use crappy tomatoes from the grocery store.… But there’s a big difference between a boiled store-bought hot dog on a nondescript bun and the ones that leave a lasting impression. We made everything from kebabs, salmon, more hot dogs than I’d care to admit, and even tuna. And I agree. Portillo's Hot Dogs: Yummy Hamburgers, Hotdogs, Pasta, Salad and much more - See 1,104 traveler reviews, 143 candid photos, and great deals for Schaumburg, IL, at Tripadvisor. But then, I thought about hot dogs and, well, good ones are really good! I know it sounds a bit strange, but the flavors here are awesome. For this Chicago Hot Dog Pasta Salad, I took all of the ingredients for a classic Chicago dog and put ’em over pasta instead of a bun.  Sacrilege?  Probably.  But this pasta salad was downright delicious!  Even Laura (who didn’t grow up eating cold hot dogs like me) agreed. Now there’s a meal! Taste and add salt and white pepper and your pasta salad is ready. The Best Simple Sides for Hot Dogs (Besides Potato Chips) From classic coleslaw to terrific grilled corn on the cob, here are seven simple sides to serve with hot dogs. Happy Monday, my friend 🙂. In the end, hot dog salad is less of a meal and more a mouth joke. If it doesn’t it’s considered inferior. When we were in Seattle, there were many nights when we used to stop by the Amazon Go store to pick up dinner + dessert – they weren’t the cheapest, but the convenience factor was so high! I don’t see any crime in eating a cold hot dog indeed. One of my favorites is this bacon ranch pasta salad. Anyhoo, thanks for the comment and thoughts, my friend! Mix well. Great for potlucks & picnics, and easy to make too. Finally toss them all together. Although that might be a little strange. If you're going to serve it to little ones, make sure to cut the hot dogs up smaller (not just into circles) so as to avoid choking possiblities. Meanwhile, cook hot dogs as desired- grill'em, boil'em or pan-fry; cool enough to handle, then slice into circles. As far as ketchup, we’ll keep that a secret. Ingredients: Two medium dogs. I’m not sure where that tradition comes from, but I keep it pretty quiet around here that I kind of do like ketchup on a hot dog … in private. Pure genius. It’s the perfect summer side dish to grilled hamburgers and hot dogs. Ah, so it seems I erred in the inclusion of the cherry tomatoes here since those fall into the tomato category. Easy Muffaletta Pasta Salad Cold mashed potatoes with cold hot dogs. Ok, Dawn, we need to fix that! I was looking forward to your response on this post, Jeff. 4 years! Hey! Come on in and I’ll share an Easy and Delicious Macaroni Salad Recipe… Macaroni salad is easy enough to find at your local deli, but the homemade version is so easy and so much better. Love how you’ve incorporated all the Chicago hot dog flavors. Give it all a big … And this one sounds so fun! 4 ratings 3.8 out of 5 star rating. Living walking distance from Wrigley, of course I’m’n’a have a lot to say here. Amish Macaroni Salad from Homemade in the Kitchen. Tera. 2 Stir in Macaroni; return to boil. I have to admit that I’ve never tried a cold hot dog (is that weird? I’m not sure what I’d think of a cold dog … I might be inclined to serve this salad with warmed or room temperature hot dog pieces. Tex Mex Corn Dip from Hungry Couple. Hot dogs are great for that! Seriously! But add on a bunch of toppings? Only five ingredients are needed for these low calorie, spicy hot dogs made from pork sausages and caramelised onion 25 mins . Either way, they are definitely not the wienerkorv you describe. With not a lot of money for food, basics like hot dogs and pasta were a staple. Using a large skillet, add hot dogs and place over medium-high heat. BLT Pasta Salad from Homemade in the Kitchen. 15 %, hot dogs, boiled and sliced in rounds (or smaller bits for young children to avoid choking hazard), , thinly sliced (use both green and white parts) or 1/8 cup chopped. Cold beers are also a must. Prosciutto and Pea Pasta Salad Cook the pasta in salted water according to the package instructions. ), but I’m up for trying this salad! David, I can’t help but remember that I used to eat the hot dogs uncooked, right out of the pack. Reconsider sharing with your dog and, instead, stick to lean meats for much needed protein. Hot dog Pasta Salad When you’re extremely hungry and in a desperate need to nibble on something very fast and easy made. save hide report. My obsession with pasta salad actually began on the 4th of July last year when we went over to a friend’s house for a party. Pour dressing over the pasta and toss gently with two spoons until the pasta is fully covered with the dressing and all the ingredients are mixed well together. Divide the salad among plates; top each with a hot dog. Not just cold from the package!) You're currently on page 1 Page 2 Next; Deli pasta salad. macaroni or 6 oz other small salad-type pasta, hot dogs, boiled and sliced in rounds (or smaller bits for young children to avoid choking hazard), mayonnaise, yellow mustard (no substitutes), cider vinegar, salt and pepper (may omit), sliced sweet gherkin, green onions, thinly sliced (use both green and white parts) or 1/8 cup chopped yellow onion