Next, place 6-8 boneless skinless chicken breasts in a greased 13 x … ANYTHING with a can of Cream of (fill in the blank) is always EXCELLENT! Ritz Cracker Chicken Casserole • The Diary of a Real Housewife Spray a 9 x 9 square baking dish (or a 2.5 quart baking dish) with no-stick cooking spray. Butter a 9″ baking dish and set aside. I just experimented until it was what my family liked. Bake at 400°F for 30 minutes. lol, If we were still cooking I’d add this to my recipe file for sure. In fact I love chicken so much that I once thought of opening up a chicken restaurant. YUMMMMMM. Break up crackers and put on top. Thank you for supporting One Hundred Dollars a Month. It tastes great, is super easy to make, and uses only a few simple pantry staples, making it inexpensive to cook. Crumble one sleve of crackers in the bottom of a 2 to 2 1/2 quart Crush Ritz crackers inside of its plastic sleeve and then spread evenly over the casserole. Sound delish..will make this for sure. Note: a 9×13 dish is OK, but cooking time may need to be shortened 5 minutes. We think it’s a favorite, because it is so easy to make and is perfect for busy nights, but is still delicious enough to serve when you are entertaining. P.S. This recipe is a popular favorite. Stir in shredded chicken and spices and spread mixture into the buttered baking dish. Feel free to be creative and change it up to suit your taste. I think this may be one of your favorites too! This cheesy dish is similar to the potluck classic known as poppyseed chicken casserole, or Ritz cracker chicken casserole. If you are only cooking for one or two people this can easily be split into two smaller pans, and you can freeze one. 3 cups cooked shredded chicken We love this recipe! Let me what ya think of this recipe in the comments. That sounds tasty! It’s cheesy and creamy and just hits the spot when you want some comfort food. Author: Christy Jordan. Rice makes it go farther. Thanks for the idea. Chicken, cheddar, bacon, ranch seasoning, sour cream, cream of chicken soup. .wpb_animate_when_almost_visible { opacity: 1; }. For more information, please see my disclosure policy. That sounds good, but I’ve never tried it. Salt and pepper chicken to taste. Take a Virtual Tour of a Famous Museum From Your Couch! Jan 29, 2019 - Explore Jackie Luke's board "Ritz cracker chicken casserole" on Pinterest. So good! 10 Ways to Practice Self Care When Staying at Home, Creamy Chicken Casserole with Ritz Cracker Topping, creamy chicken casserole with Ritz cracker topping, 6 Steps To Grilling the Perfect Steak Every Time. Cook until cream cheese is melted and creamy. Ha!!! Maybe I’ll add it to my file of recipes for our daughter to cook when she comes to visit. I love chicken casseroles. This Ritz cracker chicken made with boneless, skinless chicken breasts tastes like a super fancy chicken nugget – kid friendly, easy, and baked up with the crackers, keeps the chicken … }; Preheat the oven to 325 F. Lightly grease a 2-quart casserole dish. Not sure if this is a regional thing but around here (MS -where Ms. Hillbilly is from) we add poppy seeds to it & call it poppyseed chicken! Crush ritz crackers carefully in sleeve. You go, Jeanne! Some have added a can of Campbell’s chicken noodle soup. In a large bowl mix together the soup, sour cream, cheese, and shredded chicken. Boil chicken breasts in salted water. Plus, it reheats beautifully, so you can make lunch or dinner for the whole week with one dish. You could also try the condensed cream of chicken with herbs soup instead. It’s a great way to use up leftover chicken or turkey after the holidays as well. I make this but I also add a can of veg-all to make it a one pot meal, In our home we take the ritz crackers put in ziplock. It can also be made ahead of time and frozen to eat later. 1 cooked rotisserie chicken from the grocery store (de-boned and shredded), 1 10.5 oz. Learn how your comment data is processed. Cook Time 30 mins. I’m giving you the basic version, but there are lots of possible variations. If you’re sick, have a baby, surgery, or just need some “lovin from the oven,” someone will show up at your door with a casserole dish of Poppyseed Chicken! To lower the calories use low fat sour cream and no cheese. I just prefer the food I cook. In a large bowl mix together soup, sour cream, cheese, and shredded chicken. The Spruce. /> .wprm-comment-rating svg { width: 18px !important; height: 18px !important; } img.wprm-comment-rating { width: 90px !important; height: 18px !important; } .wprm-comment-rating svg path { fill: #343434; } .wprm-comment-rating svg polygon { stroke: #343434; } .wprm-comment-ratings-container svg .wprm-star-full { fill: #343434; } .wprm-comment-ratings-container svg .wprm-star-empty { stroke: #343434; } But you can put poppy seeds on top if you want. I can always freeze a carton or two for a day that I don’t want to cook. 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted. Not only was this Ritz cracker chicken casserole delicious, it was SUPER easy to make. Your email address will not be published. sour cream 1 can cream of chicken Ritz crackers. There are a lot of components to the name of this dish, but that’s because it includes nearly every ingredient that’s in it! Put the crushed crackers on top of this and pour melted butter over the cracker crumbs. Sprinkle all those yummy Ritz over top of casserole and drizzle with remaining 1/4 cup melted butter, which will help them crisp up the top layer of the … Makes enough to feed 10 people with leftovers! Drizzle half of the melted butter over the crackers. 1. The ingredients are simple, cheap and easy to find. So, I the made it again tonight but added 2 cups of cooked rice. ½ cup sliced green onion or 1/4 cup chopped chives This is a simple one dish … This pan of creamy cheesy deliciousness is good ole American comfort food at its finest. Mix cooked and shredded chicken with cream of chicken soup, sour cream, and seasonings. 3. 2. I love to have some leftovers that I have for lunch the next day. I love more spicy and adventurous foods! This post may contain affiliate links. Add to the bottom of your prepared casserole dish. It is a family favorite! Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Copyright © 2020 One Hundred Dollars a Month - Disclosure Policy - Design by Sharon Hujik, Cooking From Your Pantry | Menu Plan Ideas, Freezer Meals and Simple Recipes Week 8 of 52, Recipe - Quinoa with Dried Cranberries and Toasted Pecans. poor over the chicken bake 350 for about an hour. I’m only 68, but I’ve always cooked for my husband and 3 sons (all grown now) all my married life. It’s a real crowd pleaser for sure! In a large bowl, mix together the cream of chicken soup, sour cream and green onion {or chives}. It’s great to take with cooked rice to sick friend or new parents! Crumble one sleeve of Ritz crackers into the bottom of the prepared casserole dish. Spray a 9×9 square baking dish (or 2.5 quart baking dish) with no-stick cooking spray. My mother cooks nothing anymore and depends on me to feed her, which is extremely stressful as she demands foods be cooked her way. Hang out with Mavis & Lucy right in your Inbox! 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper Prepared in 40 minutes, this quick and easy make ahead dish is sure to make any weeknight or holiday gathering easier. We use this for Sunday supper. Too old to do that stuff now. Put chicken into an ungreased casserole dish. Crack Chicken Casserole – creamy chicken casserole loaded with cheddar, bacon and ranch. You will see how it differs and how rich and creamy it is by adding just a few more ingredients. Creamy deliciousness with a crunchy Ritz cracker topping! 1/2 teaspoon thyme I like the healthy meals I make. We’ll see if they like it as much or I go back to the original recipe. function setREVStartSize(e){ The whole family LOVED this easy chicken casserole. You can add water chestnuts or slivered almonds to add crunch. This Slow Cooker Ritz Cracker Chicken is the most popular recipe on our blog. Wednesday, February 20, 2019. Mix sour cream and cream of chicken with chicken breasts and put in casserole dish. Required fields are marked *. Make sure you double wrap it though to avoid freezer burn. Spread cubed chicken evenly over the bottom of a sprayed 9X13 casserole dish. In another bowl combine crushed crackers with melted butter. if(e.responsiveLevels&&(jQuery.each(e.responsiveLevels,function(e,f){f>i&&(t=r=f,l=e),i>f&&f>r&&(r=f,n=e)}),t>r&&(l=n)),f=e.gridheight[l]||e.gridheight[0]||e.gridheight,s=e.gridwidth[l]||e.gridwidth[0]||e.gridwidth,h=i/s,h=h>1?1:h,f=Math.round(h*f),"fullscreen"==e.sliderLayout){var u=(e.c.width(),jQuery(window).height());if(void 0!=e.fullScreenOffsetContainer){var c=e.fullScreenOffsetContainer.split(",");if (c) jQuery.each(c,function(e,i){u=jQuery(i).length>0?u-jQuery(i).outerHeight(!0):u}),e.fullScreenOffset.split("%").length>1&&void 0!=e.fullScreenOffset&&e.fullScreenOffset.length>0?u-=jQuery(window).height()*parseInt(e.fullScreenOffset,0)/100:void 0!=e.fullScreenOffset&&e.fullScreenOffset.length>0&&(u-=parseInt(e.fullScreenOffset,0))}f=u}else void 0!=e.minHeight&&fhtml tags and attributes:
, Easy Recipe for Creamy Chicken Casserole with Ritz Cracker Topping. Man, the sodium in those cans!!! Creamy Chicken Ritz Casserole. This makes a great easy weeknight family meal and may quickly become one of your go-to classic favorites. Feb 18, 2019 - Explore Shawne Laymon-Gress's board "Ritz cracker chicken casserole" on Pinterest. As a child of the 70’s, it was a staple and no casserole was complete without it. Crispy Ritz Cracker Chicken Casserole – Delicious In The Crock Pot Or The Oven. Good for you! Let me know how it turns out! Rinse chicken breat add to bag shake put on bake sheet. try{ e.c=jQuery(e.c);var i=jQuery(window).width(),t=9999,r=0,n=0,l=0,f=0,s=0,h=0; Stuck at Home? These affiliate links help support this site. Ritz Cracker Chicken Casserole. Ritz Cracker Chicken Recipe is a quick and easy simple meal for us so I just serve it with green beans. See more ideas about ritz cracker chicken, cracker chicken, ritz crackers. Thank you for sharing. Bake … So clearly, we have a winner. Prepare a casserole dish with non stick cooking spray and set aside. In another bowl mix together the crumbled crackers and melted butter. I’ve made this before and every night since then my son has asked for it again. How old is too old to cook and bake? Sprinkle the cracker mixture over the casserole. RITZ CRACKER CHICKEN CASSEROLE : 3 or 4 chicken breasts 8 oz. I am also from Mississippi and add poppyseeds to it. Sprinkle the cracker mixture over the casserole. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. I have made it probably a million times both in the oven and in the microwave. Condensed cream of chicken soup; Sour cream; Dried oregano; Dried thyme; Garlic powder; Shredded chicken; Dried parsley; Peas and carrots; Ritz crackers, crushed Course: Chicken… i decided to make this recipe for the family and they loved it. It is already on the menu again this week! As a matter of fact I had already copied this same recipe from WW site. 1 {10.5 oz} can condensed cream of chicken soup I think I’ll go poppy seedless & try your version- might add that Veg-all. You can add in any vegetable such as steamed brocolli, mushrooms, water chesnuts, onion, carrots, chopped green onions, or just about any vegetable you want. Not only does this sound delicious, but ladies…your comments are helpful & funny as well! So give me the low down! . I have had several variations of chicken casserole but this one beats the band! This chicken casserole recipe takes about forty minutes from start to finish and serves six people. 1 cup sour cream 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt Use a rotisserie chicken for easy prep! Spoon melted butter over the top of all. Combine the crushed Ritz crackers and melted butter until the crushed crackers are coated with the melted butter. First, mix together in a medium sized bowl 1 can of Cram of Mushroom Soup, 1 Can of Cream of Chicken Soup, and 1 cup of sour cream. So if you’re looking for something that is not only tasty, but you can make in a flash, this meal is for you. I’m 93, widowed, but I still cook for myself. The cracker topping should be a nice golden brown color and the casserole bubbling. Your email address will not be published. Mix in prepared rice then place all of this in the prepared casserole dish. I would like to show her this – ha! After you have the number of breast you want melt a stick of butter. See more ideas about ritz cracker chicken casserole, ritz cracker chicken, cracker chicken. That detemination and attitude is what will keep you going, Jeanne. Remove sour cream and soup mixture from refrigerator and spread over the chicken in the casserole dish. But you know what? Ritz Cracker Chicken Breasts. Ritz Chicken Casserole. This is good old American comfort food at it’s finest. Many versions of this recipe call for poppy seeds, but to me they don’t really have much taste and they get stuck in my teeth. I usually have some in the freezer that I’ve cooked, or I use the recipe for Last Minute Green Beans. Ritz Chicken Casserole only has 6 ingredients! I also cook for my self, too. 1 cup sour … Ingredients. Add in broccoli, green onions, water chesnuts, mushrooms, or any veggie you’d like to make it a complete meal. Casseroles, Crocks, Entree Recipes October 9, 2017 jessicafaidley. Bake uncovered for 25-30 minutes or until the topping is golden brown and the casserole is bubbly. Bake 25 – 30 minutes until the cracker topping is golden brown and the casserole is bubbly. Ritz Cracker Oven Fry Chicken . Add To Shopping List. In the evening, he prepared some rice and a light sauce with a can of … This great served with green beans or a tossed green salad and rice. Total Time 35 mins. Mix soup and sour cream very well, and then pour over the chicken. Here’s a chicken casserole that packs plenty of taste despite the simple pantry (and inexpensive) ingredients. For even more variations, experiment with adding your favorite veggies, substituting different cheeses, or swapping in low-fat sour cream to reduce the … As a result, it quickly became a family favorite for all our followers. Great for pot luck dinners! Spread mixture into the pan. So, Linda, give this recipe a try! How to Make Chicken Broccoli Rice Ritz Cracker Casserole. Adapted from The Girl Who Ate Everything's "Poppy Seed Chicken" Ingredients: 5 cups chicken breast, cooked and cubed; 1 cup sour cream and/or room temperature Greek yogurt; 2 cans (or 2 batches of homemade) cream of chicken soup; 2 cups Ritz crackers, crushed; 1/2 cup melted butter ; Optional- 1 tbsp. I like the variety of what I cook. I do make my own cream of mushroom soup to add to casseroles now, though. I hope you like it. Your email address will not be published. }catch(d){console.log("Failure at Presize of Slider:"+d)} Sprinkle the cracker mixture over the casserole and bake for 25 – 30 minutes. 13 Comments, I made this for dinner this Ritz cracker chicken casserole the other night and my husband liked it so much, he had THREE servings! Easy and I always have everything in pantry. 10 Best Chicken Casserole with Ritz Crackers Recipes | Yummly This Ritz Chicken Casserole is the ultimate in comfort food. Prep Time 5 mins. Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes. This Microwave Chicken Casserole with Ritz Crackers is the ultimate comfort food. Sounds delish and you can probably freeze the leftovers or halve the recipe. Once chicken is cooked through and onions are tender add in cream cheese and cream of chicken soup. Ritz Chicken Casserole is a hearty and flavourful chicken dish the whole family will love. (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({"google_ad_client":"ca-pub-7980808857044148","enable_page_level_ads":true,"tag_partner":"site_kit"}); 2 sleeves Ritz crackers, crushed I used a grocery to rotisserie chicken for this recipe but any precooked and shredded chicken will work. Easy like I had everything in the oven in 5 minutes kind of easy. In another bowl mix together the crumbled crackers and melted butter. In a bowl, combine the soup, sour cream, chicken broth, and diced, cooked chicken. Plus, it is a family favorite our mom made for us growing up. . Print Recipe Pin Recipe. Boil for 30 to 40 minutes, then remove from water and break into pieces. In fact, you probably already have most of these in your kitchen! How to make Ritz Cracker Chicken Casserole Preheat oven to 350. can condensed cream of chicken soup, 1 cup shredded blend cheese (I used Mexican blend). Ritz Cracker Chicken Casserole - One Hundred Dollars a Month In a large bowl mix together soup, sour cream, cheese, and shredded chicken. I am 81 yrs old & still enjoy eating so therefore I still cook. Top your casserole with crushed crackers and melted butter. Click Here Now To Pin On Pinterest ; Click Here Now To Share On Facebook; He dropped the chicken in the crock pot and let them cook away while we enjoyed our day.