Well, if you read the rest of the chapter you wouldn't have to ask us now would you! What did Paul mean when he said in 1 Timothy 2:15, “Yet she [the woman] will be saved through childbearing — if they continue in faith and love and holiness, with self-control”? It literally means to make a straight cut, discerning properly the Word of God. 12 I do not permit a woman to teach or to have authority over a man; she must be silent. It is just another bible way of saying, spread your legs have lots of kids, and do not think about the consequences. Let’s begin by reading 2 Timothy 2:15-18, “Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth. Are Mormons and Jehovah's Witnesses Christians? I've served as a missionary, a pastor, and as a pastoral counselor. I have a Master's Degree in Pastoral Counseling, I've been married since 2008, we have two wild children, and we live in Cleveland, Ohio. What Does 2 Timothy 2:15 Mean? they did not that is jsut a significant date that they've held onto too long. . Literally, the passage reads: "But she will be saved through the childbirth, if they continue in faith. This means all of Scripture never contradicts; thus when multiple options for an interpretation are presented, we must choose the one which does not contradict other related parts of Scripture. When Eve sinned she and all her seed were cursed. Posted on Oct 7, 2016. The apostle Paul wrote to the evangelist Timothy, Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth (2 Timothy 2:15). Mary Trump's grim analysis of her uncle's campaign In 1 Timothy 2:15, what does teknogōnia mean? It does artwork out anymore and wiat it is going to alter. But shun profane and vain babblings: for they will increase unto more ungodliness. 2 Timothy 2:15 NASB Be diligent – If you grew up in the King James era, then you know this verse as “Study to show yourself approved.” With that translation, we … Reading Scripture Read More » “Be strong”: Here is the main admonition in the first part of the letter. 1 Timothy 2:15 certainly doesn’t mean women will receive salvation for literally birthing children because that would contradict Scripture which states that you are saved through grace and faith alone in Jesus Christ (Ephesians 2:8-10). Your meeting Timothy at quarter past two. “My son”: Paul had led Timothy to Christ during his first missionary journey (1 Cor. Why? 15 This verse is difficult to explain. Scripture interprets Scripture. 2 Timothy 2:15, NLT: "Work hard so you can present yourself to God and receive his approval. The Alexandrian copy reads, "to Christ"; see ( Romans 16:10 ) . 1 Timothy 2:11 A woman should learn in quietness and full submission. 1 Timothy 2:15 "Notwithstanding she shall be saved in childbearing, if they continue in faith and charity and holiness with sobriety." Where do I start when I don't trust God? 1 Timothy 2:15 NRSV. ." AGW Ministries is meant to be an online blessing to you. But women will be saved through childbearing–if they continue in faith, love and holiness with propriety.-1 Timothy 2:15, The meaning of 1 Timothy 2:15, particularly the phrase, “women will be saved through childbearing” is a notoriously difficult passage to interpret. First Timothy 2:15 is the conclusion of Paul’s teaching concerning the roles of men and women in the church which he began in verse 11. The interpretation of 1 Timothy 2:15 has been an item of great debate among commentators. Therefore, 1 Timothy 2:15 which states “women will be saved through childbearing – if they continue in faith” probably means what every other part of Scripture means that talks about salvation.