I applied my first coat of stain with a foam brush, and then wiped off the excess stain with a shop towel. At the time, … In this video, Chris Adams of General Finishes … Applying three coats can do wonders to your old furnishings. Let it dry, let it dry, let it dry. Well, this sidetable has stumped me over and over. Aug 4, 2016 - Explore Kimberly Merck's board "Gel stain over Golden oak " on Pinterest. I used general finishes Java gel stain n also used antique walnut. You know the one I'm talking about...the one in Kevin McCallister's house from Home Alone! Read on, to find out how I refinished my kitchen cabinets for less than $80 without stripping or sanding. 99 Qty Shipping Restrictions: Ground Transportation Only See how you can get free standard shipping. Work in a well-ventilated area. I cleaned them well and lightly sanded with finer grain block. I took this dated oak table into the fabulous world of farmhouse by stripping the top and refinishing it with General Finishes' Java Gel Stain. As I mentioned before I used *General Finishes Gel Stain in “Java”. With General Finishes Gel Stain, we were in love with it from the get-go. A new client was in love with her recently purchased antique tiger oak table’s structure and bones, but … I … There isn't a noticeable strip of missing stain from the painter's tape, which tells me that the stain soaks deep into the wood and bonds to the fibers well. Call 800/225-1153 or … Gel Stains from General Finishes are the easiest way to achieve the hand-rubbed finish look. If you want a painted look, use General Finishes Dark Chocolate Milk Paint. See more ideas about gel stain, stain, staining wood. To improve adherence of the stain, mix 2 parts Gel Stain with one part Gel Satin … Allow the Gel Stain to DRY 72 HOURS. 3. Stunning tiger oak quarter sawn antique dining table finished with General Finishes Black Gel Stain. Start by applying gel stain with a foam brush in the center sections and working your way around the rest of the door, to the styles and the frame. Gel stain oak cabinets, if you're looking to update your kitchen with honey oak cabinets by painting check out these 5 amazing colors these colors by sherwin williams downplay the orange in the wood and make the kitchen look so lisa sloan used general finishes antique walnut gel stain on these oak … The seat is pine boards and the rest is oak (is that common?). Once dry, lightly sand and then you can apply your Java gel Stain! 2. 1. We tried using a rag (a sock, an old t-shirt, stain pads) but none of these worked as well as a good brush. Stained with General Finishes Black gel Stain, Java gel stain, and mahogany brown gel stain. This item General Finishes Oil Base Gel Stain, 1/2 Pint, American Oak Minwax 61500444 Pre Stain Wood Conditioner, 1 Quart,Clear Minwax 660910000 Gel Stain, quart, Coffee Fusion Mineral Paint called Ultra Grip. Gel stains provide professional-looking results on furniture, or wood, fiberglass, and steel surfaces.Unlike oil stains, this coating sits on top of the material, forming a protective barrier.Interior gel stain is … I followed YouTuber Pete B n his exact directions n used same brush to Paint on the gel stain…n let me tell you…it came out perfect n I never did this before. We decided to use General Finishes … I'm having difficulty understanding the desired outcome of the finish. If the furniture hasn't been prepared right and is lifting then the only option is to strip it down to bare wood. Add to Cart Add to Wish List Store … That meant I had to … It does stick to some and not to others. Create the look of faux wood by sanding each coat lightly. Lack of dry time over existing surfaces is the number one reason for Gel Stain … It turned out great!! I have used general finishes java gel stain. http://www.woodworkingtalk.com/f8/refinish-oak-door-11694/, http://www.minwax.com/wood-products/one-step-stain-and-finishes/minwax-polyshades-aerosol, http://www.krylon.com/products/exterior-semitransparent-wood-stain/, https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_b-s34UOXi1dlE3ME1yTkNRcms/view?usp=sharing, https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_b-s34UOXi1Y1YxUWlZX1pGNGs/view?usp=sharing, https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_b-s34UOXi1eXV4OS11Wm5Xanc/view?usp=sharing, https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_b-s34UOXi1YWNob2ZPNVNqUGc/view?usp=sharing, https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_b-s34UOXi1Tm9tZzhZcVM0SVU/view?usp=sharing, VerticalScope Inc., 111 Peter, Suite 901, Toronto, Ontario, M5V 2H1, Canada. General Finishes Java gel stain reviews and pictures! I took this dated oak table into the fabulous world of farmhouse by stripping the top and refinishing it with General Finishes' Java Gel Stain. I also had old oak cabinets with a veneer side. The General Finishes Gel Paint can cover large staining projects. General Finishes Gel Stain can give your kitchen cabinets a fresh and updated look. "This 100 year old table and I have been on quite the journey. Steve, I was able to pick up a sprayer from Harbor Freight this weekend. The suggested grit is 120-150 grit, you want to make sure that any existing finish that might be peeling is removed so the stain applies to the actual project surface. I had to refinish my Oak front door and used my sprayer to apply successive coats of stain to get the look I wanted: ... Shellac has a natural wax that a lot of finishes won't bond to and a gel stain is one of them. I used this product in the color Java for the first time and absolutely loved it! General Finishes Ash Gray Gel stain on golden oak - Popular December 2019 I want to change my golden oak cabinets, so I tried a test of the new General Finishes Ash Gray gel It is finished in General Finishes Java and Antique Walnut Gel Stain and hand-rubbed Poly top with Miss Mustard Seed's Linen Milk Paint, which has been dark waxed and color washed for an aged look and sealed in tough coat sealer." This dresser features 2 large … -General Finishes Antique Walnut Gel Stain 1 quart - A little of this goes a very long way. But the gel stain is applied without a barrier coat so it darkens both the earlywood and latewood. I decided I wanted to refinish our kitchen cabinets to match our hardwood floors. - That FlippinFurniture Girl, Enduro Ready-To-Match Water Based Wood Stain, https://www.facebook.com/thatflippinfurnituregirl/, Black Gel Stained Tiger Oak Antique Table. this is General Finishes BLACK gel stain. The result is this wonderful warm tone. Open windows and doors, or use other means to maintain fresh air flow during application and drying. Gel stain to the rescue. I ordered a can of General Finishes gel stain a while back but have been rather intimidated to use it. No sanding needed between coats and no unpleasant smell. The red dye is incredibly strong. Read on for the video transcript and a list of useful links. Questions should also include a sketch or a photo that illustrates your issue. Milk Paint Colors View Product Details . I inherited a set of heavy oak bookshelves from a co-worker who purchased new furniture. The sidetable began as a pickled or whitewashed looking sidetable. This item General Finishes Oil Base Gel Stain, 1 Gallon, American Oak Minwax 710790000 Wood Finish - Penetrates, Stains & Seals, 250 VOC, gallon, Cherry Varathane 262028 Premium Fast Dry Wood Stain, 1/2 Pint, Black … One of the benefits of gel stain is that it's really easy to work with, and the General Finishes black gel stain was no exception. Today we're going to discuss refinishing existing oak cabinets with General Finishes Gel Stain, dubbed the One-Coat Wonder by Amy from High Style Restyle in Dallas because of its exceptional coverage. I did not strip. Come join the discussion about shop safety, wood, carpentry, lumber, finishing, tools, machinery, woodworking related topics, styles, scales, reviews, accessories, classifieds, and more! The finish was badly worn but the potential for this piece to truly stand out was still there. I am not the first person to refinish this piece, and I may not be the last. General Finishes Gel Stain, Black, Quart Item #53866 In stock $ 24. This deep and rich wood stain gave this oak … A gel stain isn't really a stain, it's thinned down paint and would be subject to brush marks. Create a gorgeous, whitewash finish on your furniture with General Finishes Whitewash wood stain. Put a couple of coats of satin-finish poly on when it's completely cured, … These stains are featured across the nation’s social media for upcycling furniture and cabinets. Color~ General Finishes Gel Stain in Black and sealed with 2 coats of Arm-R-Seal Gloss for clarity and a final coat of Satin for a beautiful subtle glow " Comments Antique Walnut Half Moon Table You know the one I'm talking about...the one in Kevin McCallister's house from Home Alone! But again a little goes a long way. AlchemyHome shows off how GF Gray Gel Stain and Winter White Glaze Effects can give you a beautiful weathered look! So … I highly recommend this product and this tutorial is based only on the use of this product. Stunning tiger oak quarter sawn antique dining table finished with General Finishes Black Gel Stain. "These little oak dressers are one of my favorites to renew! To fix, sand the table lightly with 120-grit sandpaper and restain the table. Paint on two coats of Gel Stain, letting each coat dry 72 hours. My goal is to bring it down to a deeper mahogany color to match the dark leather furniture it will be sitting beside. With General Finishes Gel Stain, we were in love with it from the get-go.
2020 general finishes black gel stain on oak