Pull out a package of Puff Pastry Sheets to defrost on the counter for 40 minutes. Spread the flour slurry on all sides of the pastry. Line a large cookie baking sheet with parchment paper. https://www.veganricha.com/samosa-pinwheels-spiced-potato-pinwheels Change ), You are commenting using your Google account. Asofoetida (hing) also adds another level of flavor in savory dishes. I’d be as comfortable serving these ham and cheese puff pastry appetizers for a game day party as I would a holiday brunch or dinner. Peel the boiled potatoes and using your hands, crumble them into small pieces, don’t mash them. Puff Pastry Samosa Pinwheels Ingredients 2 sheets Puff Pastry 2 tablespoons Olive oil 2 large Boiled Potatoes (peeled and Mashed) 1/2 cup Peas (boiled and coarsely mashed) 3/4 teaspoon Fennel seeds (coarsely crushed) 1 teaspoon Cumin powder 1 teaspoon Paprika (or red chili powder) 1.5 teaspoons Coriander powder 1/2 teaspoon Turmeric powder 1.25 teaspoon Garam… Easier way to make and eat samosas. Preheat oven to 400 F (or the temperature indicated on your puff pastry brand). Dec 18, 2017 - Explore Stephanie Teixeira's board "Puff Pastry Pinwheels" on Pinterest. Once the pastry is rolled up into a big log, place it in the refrigerator for 40 minutes. Method *Thaw puff pastry sheets according to instructions on the package. Indian Style Puff Pastry Pinwheels. 3. Then cut them into squares as shown in the picture above. This will make it easier to cut into circles. I have always loved samosas, but when I was younger I would often eat the pastry shell (because it was fried and delicious) and leave half of the filling on my plate. [lt_recipe name=”Baked Samosa Pinwheels” summary=”Flaky, delicious baked samosas that are quick to pull together and would taste delicious with a cup of chai and green chutney” total_time=”1H20M” print=”yes” ingredients=”1 package puff pastry (16 oz);2 large potatos steamed and mashed;1 cup frozen peas;2 tbsp oil;1 tsp cumin;1/2 tsp asofoetida ;5-6 sweet neem leaves / curry leaves;2 tsp shredded ginger;1 tsp garam masala;1 tsp mango powder;1/4 tsp red chili powder;1 tsp lemon juice;1 tsp salt;1 tsp sugar;1/2 cup coriander chopped” ]1. Now, sprinkle ½ cup cheese all over it and even everything over the Puff Pastry sheet. Place the pinwheels on the cookie sheet 2 inches apart, they will spread.Chill the pinwheels in refrigerator for 15 minutes before you bake or you can store them covered until ready to bake. It is called samosa pinwheels because we are using the filling which is usually used to make samosa. Make these for your Diwali party and serve them with cocktails or chai. Required fields are marked *. You can find it in generally any store these days. Flour your working surface and unroll the thawed puff pastry sheet. Add the potatoes to the pan and mix with everything else. Add the chopped ginger and green chillies to the pan and sauté for about 10-15 seconds taking care not to burn anything. The pinwheels come together in 20 minutes! Mixture of mashed potato with some other spices and chopped cilantro. Change ), You are commenting using your Facebook account. It has a light, crispy and flaky texture with delicate flavor. Roll gently (like you would a cinnamon bun roll) but tightly to make a log. Subscribe to our Newsletter for updates on new recipes! PINWHEEL SAMOSA. [/lt_recipe], Your email address will not be published. Make these Spinach Cheese Pinwheels for the next get together! Using puff pastry for the samosa shell means a whole bunch of time saved, since we don’t have to make the dough, and most of the rolling has already been done. How to make Puff Pastry Pizza Pinwheels. These little bites are not only fun to make but super delicious too. These are super easy to make and perfect to feed a crowd! Turn off stove and add 1/2 cup coriander (optional) and mix. https://www.archanaskitchen.com/baked-samosa-pinwheels-recipe 1. Do not over stuff. Make the quick Tamarind chutney and Mint cilantro chutney. I’m literally some Indian girl living on the East Coast bringing Indian and global flavors to your kitchen! Mar 8, 2020 - This Samosa Pinwheels recipe is a crispy take on the popular Indian chaat that's wrapped in puff pastry and baked in the Oven or AirFryer. Adding a few step by step pictures in this post for easy referral. This delicate snack recipe is an Americanized version of the classic samosa. Making the ham and cheese pinwheels with puff pastry instead, however, elevates the roll ups a new level. Spread the flour slurry on all sides of the pastry. Then these puff pastry samosa pinwheels generously packed with a savory filling is all you want! Make pinwheels: Take half of mixture and spread layer evenly across puff pastry leaving about an inch at one end (long side). In India, most samosas you will find are filled with a combination of spiced potatoes and peas. Let mixture cool.;;3. Mix, taste and adjust the salt. Thaw – roll – fill and bake. Plus if you have extra you can freeze the rolls of pinwheels to bake later on. You can find it in your local Indian store and possibly in your local store. I love samosas with a cup of hot chai and green chutney. ( Log Out /  firstly, prepare the dough by mixing all the ingredients listed in for dough. The Samosa potatoes come together quickly if you have boiled potatoes. Make pinwheels: Take half of mixture and spread layer evenly across puff pastry leaving about an inch at one end (long side). First make the samosa filling. Switch off the stove. 23 Easy Puff Pastry Appetizers Mini Puff Pastry Cups. Transfer to a bowl or let the filling completely cool down in the pan. Mix the cilantro. We tried and it was a total disaster. Roll pastry up across the long end. Samosa Pinwheel is really a great party snack and it’s a great choice for every season and mood to eat. 3. Set aside. This Samosa Pinwheels recipe is a light and crispy take on a popular Indian chaat. They’re quick and easy thanks to store-bought puff pastry, and you can customise them with as many different toppings as you like! Puff pastry pinwheels are perfect for an after school snack, great to serve at a gathering, or even just to have for when the savoury tooth craving hits! https://itsnotcomplicatedrecipes.com/cinnamon-sugar-puff-pastry-pinwheels Puff Pastry Pinwheels with spinach, sun-dried tomatoes, pesto and feta! Make a slurry of 1 tbsp flour and 2 tbsp water. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Cook until heated through, about 5 minutes. If you can’t find vegan puff pastry, use a sturdy pie crust or make one with chilled coconut oil. (Each log will make about 10 pinwheels) Similarly, stuff and cut the other Puff Pastry sheet. Faster with store bought or pre-made tamarind chutney. That is why I came up with the recipe for See more ideas about appetizer recipes, appetizer snacks, recipes. Wrap roll in plastic wrap and freeze for 40 minutes. Using a sharp knife, cut about 2 inch thick pinwheels out of the pastry log. Carefully roll the sheet as shown below. How to make Puff Pastry Pizza Pinwheels. Add the samosa filling on long side of the pastry leaving a 1/2 inch gap. Using puff pastry makes this super easy and quick to make. Starting from the edges, fold the stuffed Puff Pastry sheet into a log shape. Samosa pinwheels are great party treat. Explore. Full printable recipe below! This puff pastry samosa wheel is very easy to cook and needs very ingredients to be prepared. Add the samosa filling on long side of the pastry leaving a 1/2 inch gap. These flaky and irresistible pinwheels are a great option for potlucks, game day parties, or anytime you need in a delicious snack. I have always loved samosas, but when I was younger I would often eat the pastry shell (because it was fried and delicious) and leave half of the filling on my plate. Cook for 1-2 minutes.;;2.
2020 puff pastry samosa pinwheels